|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
SUENMIKE

new york

View Profile

Posted: 05/07/06 01:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our family is planning a trip to The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland Ohio this August. We have never been there and would appreciate any information on a nice campground to stay at in the area. We have also heard of an amusement park in the same area called Cedar Point, would appreciate any advice about this place too. Thank You

guysmalley

waynesville nc

View Profile

Posted: 05/07/06 02:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Say hello to Johnny Rotten :0

Guy Smalley / illustrator
86 pt40 Blue Bird Wanderlodge "The Phoenix"

tuxsteveo

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 05/07/06 03:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The R & R Hall of Fame is very nice plan a whole day for it as admission is high enough you want to take it all in for the day. Don't take any cameras or video tape they won't let you bring it in. Leave the RV at camp if you can as parking is
tight if you have a MH get there early to get a spot. I talked the guy into letting me pay for two spots and get in a lot near by, but if I had been there two hours later it would have been SOL. We were there last year for Easter break and loved it. It was before April 15 and our campground choices were very limited so I don't have a suggestion there. Rock ON!

ASTEVE

Cliffwood Beach,NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/07/06 05:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed at Indian Creek in Geneva On The Lake that was nice. I believe it was about 1 hour away from the Rock n Roll Hall Of Fame.

funkygti

Reading, PA

View Profile

Posted: 05/07/06 06:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cedar Point is a great campground, staying there puts you within walking distance to the park(just across the rear parking lot). It is the ultimate roller coaster park. My son was at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame over Easter break. He enjoyed it, but some of the exhibits were out on the road so there were some empty floors.

Nina
2006 Rockwood 8317ss
2000 Ford Excursion V10 LTD
Equal-i-zer
Prodigy

pcasey250

NYC

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/06 10:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Went there a couple of years ago. We stayed at the Jellystone in Aurora and used that as our home base for trips to the Football Home of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I dont remember the driving distance from the campground but it was manageable.
The Campground was great. Big sites, quiet. Great pool that had adult swim time if I remember correctly 15 minutes of every hour.
After that we packed up and went to Cedar Point and camped at their campground. We couldn't get in to the new part so we just had a spot in the regular area - no hookups except water. Great pool great views./

jbeiii

Woodbridge, VA

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/06 07:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SUENMIKE wrote:

We have also heard of an amusement park in the same area called Cedar Point, would appreciate any advice about this place too.

You are killing me. Cedar Point is THE amusement park for roller coasters in the US. Bar none! We were home last year and stayed at Heritage Hills, if I remember right. It was east of Cleveland, had some nice wineries nearby. It was ok but somewhat east of Cleveland, Cedar Point is west of town. Not sure what month you are going but plenty of sporting events. Put-in-Bay is close to Cedar Point and loads of fun in the summer.

newwanderer

Everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/06 09:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ASTEVE wrote:

We stayed at Indian Creek in Geneva On The Lake that was nice. I believe it was about 1 hour away from the Rock n Roll Hall Of Fame.

We stayed here also and went to Rock and Roll HOF from there last August. Great !!! Enjoy ..

The OLDWanderer's
Rick-DH, Sherri-DW & Henry-DS 7 y.o.
01 HR Endeavor 40 PBD-"GUS the BUS" ...GONE
THIS GREAT ADVENTURE IS OVER
FMCA/GOODSAM/HRRVC
"LIFE IS GOOD!!
This is truly a beautiful country! Get out there and see it !!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS