RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: 2007 Jayco Recon?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> 2007 Jayco Recon?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
Robb471

Vacaville, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/06 08:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just sold our WW FSC3200 and am looking for a replacement. 5'er with a separate garage.

We've been looking at the Raptor 3712 & 3612, and the 2007 CrossTerrain TF36DS & TF37CK. We like both units, however each is lacking some features we like about the other.

I just found and looked at the 2007 Jayco Recon ZX F36V. WOW, what a package. It seems to have the best qualities of both the Raptor and the CrossTerrain.

I see tons of posts regarding the Raptors, but not to many on the other two. Does anyone have any experience with either the CrossTerrain or the Jayco? Any feedback would help us with the decision!

Thanks!

2009 Road Warrior RWT
2007 Polaris Outlaw 90
2007 Polaris RZR (Leaving soon)
2012 CanAm Renagade 1000Xxc (coming soon)
2012 Raptor 250 (coming soon)

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/06 09:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jayco's new factory in Twin Falls, Idaho just ramped up their production line, and mainly build the toy hauler lines for the western United States. The Talon and the Octane are the current models, with the Recon being a new for 2007 addition.It looks, price wise, that the Recon is the top of the line now, with the Talon next, and the entry level Octane last. Jayco is only turning out about 15 units a day in the new Idaho plant, with 115 employees. So one would assume that quality would be top notch. Jayco's website was supposed to have the 2007 models by now, but their server is down!

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

Albee

Cheyenne, Wy

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/06 10:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WE have had two Jaycos. Great luck with both. Only large issue we had was with the CO detector going off when the big furnace and generator ran with no breeze outside. Furnace has a real strong blower in it. It has been fixed (we think). Trailer is heavier than most of equal size. To me that equates to better built. Larger and closer spaced framing in floors and walls. I like the two seperate furnaces, one for the bedroom and one for the kitchen/living and garage areas. At night we keep the unoccupied area turned really low and keep the bedroom where we want it. If you camp in hot areas, you will need two A/C units. Large axles with 16" tires a plus (until you have to replace them). Independent front landing gear. Anyway, could ramble for days. Go with what you like. You have to like the setup of any trailer you get, no matter the brand. But I don't think you will be dissapointed with the Jayco quality. Good Luck.

2006 Chevy Big Dooley, Red, Crew Cab, Bully Dog, 4 inch exhaust, Gauges. 2006 Jayco Talon F36W, 2 Kawasaki Prairie 650's. Yamaha portable generators and the big onboard Onan.

Robb471

Vacaville, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/06 08:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the feedback so far. Its really looking like were gonna go for the Recon.

GL - Congrats on the new rig. Let me know how everything went when you get back!! How does the entertainment center work? It looks like the DVD is played from the head unit in the kitchen, is that right? Where does the video feed to, just the living room, or the bedroom too? Is there a TV hookup in the loft? How is the fit and finish of the unit? What options did you get? What does the inverter power?

Our local dealer had very little information on the unit. Even though they had it in stock, the rep had not been in to walk them through it.

The weight is a concern. With the SRW, I top out at 15,500lbs I believe. We'll see how it goes, and upgrade to a DRW Tow Boss if needed, but not my first choice!

Does anyone have any information on the F37U model? It is a triple slide with an extended kitchen. All the dealer had was the floorplan in the book. It had no specs yet. Looks good, but I can only imagine the weight!!

Rob

ef5

new jersey

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/06 04:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2006 model which is the Talon. Jayco renamed it the recon for 2007. I saw a 2007 the other day and it is almost identical to mine with some minor differences. I have the f36v and for the most part I have not found any major flaws. Just minor stuff that I have fixed myself. If you have any questions let me know.

GL

Austin, TX

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/06 07:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Robb471,

We just took delivery of our 2007 Recon F36V yesterday, and we spent the night in it last night. Obviously, that's hardly enough time to give a thorough eval, but so far we LOVE it.

It was between 102 and 104 degrees outside most of the day but we were quite comfortable inside all day.
Things are well placed and very functional. We never felt cramped and had plenty of space. There is tons of storage and cabinets, but some of them you'll need a ladder or a tall step stool to get to.

Only one gripe so far: the sewer hose storage slot won't fit a hose with larger collars (of course, the one I have). There is really only one other storage area (it's huge), so I'll have to store the hose in with everything else.

Remember to check the weight on these units, though. With the upgraded axles and rims, they're heavy...the posted dry weight on my unit was 13995. I'll post the actual numbers I get when I weigh it. We are towing with a 2005 Silverado 3500 CC D/A dually, and it tows well.

We're taking it out all weekend this coming weekend, so I'm sure I'll know more after that.

-Greg

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 4x4 D/A (LLY) Dually Crew Cab
2007 Jayco Recon F36V

lincster

Mesa Az

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/06 11:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ef5 wrote:

Has anyone on here had their traile weighed yet to see what it really is.

That is the real question......

2012 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

ef5

new jersey

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/06 10:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone on here had their traile weighed yet to see what it really is.

GL

Austin, TX

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/06 11:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm going to get some actual weights on Friday so I'll post what I come up with.

-Greg

GL

Austin, TX

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/06 08:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Rob,
I am really impressed with the fit and finish - we walked through a lot of rigs before we chose this one, and we both thought it had better quality and a more solid feel.

Options included the retractable screen in the cargo area, along with the second A/C in there as well. Also the Onan 5500 watt generator, the fuel station, U shaped Dinette, 36" LCD TV and Kicker sound system. The unit has two furnaces, one for the back of the rig and one for up front. (I only hope I'm out camping on the 3 days per year it gets cold around here. )

I really like that the generator gas tank and the tank for fueling toys are separate.

You're right about the DVD player - you put the DVD in the head unit and the video out goes to the TV...I'm not sure if it feeds to the other TV locations (cargo area and bedroom) as I only have the one TV. I have to say, the entertainment system wasn't a big selling point for me, but after fooling around with it all night on Saturday, I'm excited to have it - it really rocks.

The inverter is a 1000 watt inverter - there are plugs in various locations labeled "inverter" that you can use for low wattage items, and the entertainment center is on that circuit as well. Of course, you can't power the microwave or A/C units or anything like that with it.

I wish the U-shaped dinette would have somehow folded down into another bed, but it doesn't. The sleeper sofa is the usual "uncomfortable unless your a kid" type, but I think I may add a thin air mattress to the top and I bet that helps. (Anyone with suggestions here, I'd love to hear them)

I was actually able to make the U-shaped area in to a sleeping area by making a short table (equal to the height of the sofas, with their cushions removed) and removing the kitchen table and replacing it with the one I made. Remove the cushions and you have a nice "full" sized (roughly) area to throw another air mattress on. It takes just a few minutes to switch it all out.

Anyhow, we'll let you know how we fare on the first trip.

-Greg

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> 2007 Jayco Recon?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS