|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> post pictures of your HTT

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 153  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
LAdams

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/12 10:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

People - AGAIN I remind you that the MAXIMUM picture size for RV.Net posting is 640 X 480 pixels... I have said this over, and over, and over again and I'm growing weary of continually editing pictures, in both original posts and in posts where others have copied the photos... Do I have to start deleting posts??? I will begin doing so if this issue persists...

640 X 480 max PLEASE!!!

Moderator - Hybrid Forum

drenjoey

Gray, Maine

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/12 02:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LAdams wrote:

People - AGAIN I remind you that the MAXIMUM picture size for RV.Net posting is 640 X 480 pixels... I have said this over, and over, and over again and I'm growing weary of continually editing pictures, in both original posts and in posts where others have copied the photos... Do I have to start deleting posts??? I will begin doing so if this issue persists...

640 X 480 max PLEASE!!!

Moderator - Hybrid Forum

I have to back you up on this one. I saw your posts time and time again about the pictures being too big.
Deleting them is the only way some people will understand.

Dre

popeye59

I don't feel like a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/12 05:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Na, don't delete the post, just edit it by deleting the image and replace it with text saying, "Image deleted because you didn't follow the rules, repeated violations will result in your account being removed."

Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the crappy junk left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

segen77

dallas

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/12 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why not make a sticky at the top that tells how to upload and re-size pics so anyone that doesn't know how to do this can read and follow the instructions. I'm sure most people that make this mistake simply do so because they don't know how to change the size of the pic from there camera.

Aaron Kennedy

LAdams

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/12 04:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are tutorials galore in the Forum Tech Support Forum dealing with resizing all types of photos, i,e, signature photos, photos in posts, profile pictures, etc... I'm not going to put up a sticky in each forum when it's already posted in the Tech Support Forum and elsewhere...

Giving this issue a bit more thought (as it's happening in the TT Forum as well) I will simply lock down this thread if this issue continues... There is no excuse for not having the correct size photo in your post, signature, or profile with all the information that is available here on the forum... I have asked many, many times for cooperation and it is not happening and I simply do not have time to edit all these photos in all these forums!!!

brysue7260

IL

View Profile

Posted: 03/25/12 11:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

new camper 2009 rockwood roo 23ss going on our maiden voyage may 25-27 short trip cant wait..

* This post was edited 06/13/12 08:18pm by brysue7260 *

DammitJim

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/12 07:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I apologize that you had to edit the picture, but I didn't realize that when you reply to a post, it attaches the original? Next time I'll reply w/o the picture showing.

popeye59

I don't feel like a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/12 07:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

@DammitJim,
If you just reply beginning with @ and the screen name, you will get the same effect that you are addressing one person without the quote dragging pictures and even extra text.

KingPin347

ATX

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/12 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I must be part of the problem, I posted a pic of my new hybrid when this fire started...sorry bout that....BUT there has to be a place in the site code that would allow OR rather not allow a pic to be linked/posted if it exceeded the size limit - then there would be no one at fault and no flames in red to be posted. its 2012 most all forums are 800x600 - none the less...getting back to the pic post. some nice rigs you folks have \m/

RandK-M

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/12 01:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KingPin347 wrote:

Well I must be part of the problem, I posted a pic of my new hybrid when this fire started...sorry bout that....BUT there has to be a place in the site code that would allow OR rather not allow a pic to be linked/posted if it exceeded the size limit - then there would be no one at fault and no flames in red to be posted. its 2012 most all forums are 800x600 - none the less...getting back to the pic post. some nice rigs you folks have \m/

I've been senior staff on other forums. There are software modules for forums that can automatically limit size of photos. Not sure if this board software is capable of it though.

The problem is, no matter how many tutorials or reminders there are, many people just don't have enough understanding of computers other than the very basic. If someone tells me 640x480, I understand it perfectly and can do all sorts of photo manipulation.

Others just don't even know what 640x480 means. My wife for example would be like 640 what? like I was speaking a different language.

Sometimes people like me that understand computers at a fairly deep level just don't get that to others it's a foreign language. I really doubt people that post pictures too large do it on purpose or don't care, they just don't understand.

Ray

Jayco 17Z
Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Prodigy P2
Equal-i-zer Hitch
US Navy Veteran

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 153  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> post pictures of your HTT
Search:   Advanced Search