RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Bedding in 23J Winnebago View or Navion, sewage hose storage

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Bedding in 23J Winnebago View or Navion, sewage hose storage

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
deanneb

Roosevelt, Utah

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/06 10:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just purchased a 2007 Itasco 23J Navion, and I am very frustrated with how hard it is to make both the over-the-cab bed and the bed in back. Have considered sleeping bag, sewing a comforter together with a sheet sewn in the bottom -- nothing sounds easy. What have you other View/Navion users done? Any suggestions?

We are also not happy with Winnebago's plan to store the sewage hose in the same compartment as the fresh water intakes. What do the rest of you do? Our Coachmen has a separate sealed compartment just for the hose.

pulsar

Lewisville, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/06 10:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from Forum Technical Support.

sloChuck

San Luis Obispo CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/06 11:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a wealth of information at the Yahoo View-Navion forum on those issues. People have created various external storage containers for their sewer hoses (pictures are posted), and you could pose a question about the bedding strategies. You will have to enroll as a member but it is no big deal.

Chuck

2006 Navion H

br549

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/06 12:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had room in the storage area to cut a hole in the lower back plastic wall, install a dryer vent with the flaps removed and then from underneath attach a length of flexible aluminum dryer vent pipe that I snaked and attached along the side of the coach, running it toward the back. Real convenient, the coupler for the connection on the sewer hose keeps it from slipping down the dryer pipe. I did not invent this setup, saw it here a few years ago but it works great.

Gerry & Louise
2007 Tiffin Phaeton 36 QSH
2008 Ford Edge Limited AWD
1926 Oakland Landau Coupe in Storage

BamaMac

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/06 06:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As for bedding, it seems that a number of View/Navion owners like the Travasak. It is sort of a comforter/sleeping bag that has two thicknesses of material, one for summer, other for winter, and washable sheets that line the covers. We don't have one because I can only find them in twin or queen, but not full, which is the View size.

As for sewer hose storage, I took a plastic tool box and removed the top. It was just the right width to place in the storage compartment, and I store the hose in it.

Others have been more inventive.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Bedding in 23J Winnebago View or Navion, sewage hose storage
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS