|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Finally got my 19.5's --pictures--

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
luv2skyski

Stockbridge, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/07 12:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For those of you thinking of upgrading to 19.5’s…Last Monday I got a present from Rickson’s. I ordered the Vision Type 81’s with Goodyear G647 RSS 245 70R19.5G’s last Thursday. My old tire/wheel combo (Michelin 245 75R16E) weighed about 58 pounds. The new tire/wheel combo weighs in at 115 pounds a piece!! The new tires aired at 70 psi ride better than my old set when they were aired up to 80 psi (for the max carrying capacity of 3042 pounds). Rickson did their “Match Mounting and Balancing” and they are very smooth. I haven’t carried the camper with the new tires yet but I am extremely pleased with their performance so far. They also LOOK awesome! Here are some pictures. Dave.
[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

TJpwr

Los Gatos, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/07 12:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

price? if you dont mind?
Look good
Phil

MrPhelps

Huntsville, AL

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/07 12:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the pictures Dave! They really look great on your truck. The pictures help answer some of my questions. I am very glad to hear that your new load range G tires ride better than the originals.. I am hoping for the same..

I am expecting a present soon too. I ordered the Ricksons (powder coated steel wheels) with stainless simulators and 6 Dunlop SP431 tires for my dually on Feb 5.

- 06 Dodge DRW CTD QC 4x4 Laramie, Nav, Powersteps, Exhaust Brake, Ricksons w/Dunlop SP431H , Ride Rites, Ranchos, Bump Stops, Superhitch, Bodiak
- 06 Host Yellowstone Double Slide, Wet Bath
- Wife, Son and Flo Dog ">

sasha_j

On the Road USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/07 01:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!

16's look totally out of place on a Superduty. The 19.5"s fit the scale of the truck so much better. And don't get me started on added hauling benefits......congrats....

Our Web Site

1999 Ford F450 7.3 PSD CC 4x2, Roll-A-Long Hauler Bed, 15,000 GVWR, 26,000 GCVWR, PacBrake PBRX, AIRSAFE 25K Air hitch & KSH 80 Gal Aux Tank/Tool Box

2006 FR Sandpiper Sport F37 Toyhauler, 16K GVWR, 7K axles, 17.5" Wheels, 600W Solar

Gamagoat

NorCal

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/07 02:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm jealous. I'll get four for my Silverado HD2500

luv2skyski

Stockbridge, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/07 03:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They were $2800 delivered. The second set of tires I had installed were larger than original. Because of my handheld gps I knew that I was going 2.5 MPH faster than my speedo told me. Just so long as I was aware of that I figured I was "Good to go!". We are planning on driving to Mistletoe State Park in Appling, GA next week. [emoticon][emoticon] Here's the profile of old and new. Dave.

[image]

Budster

Mira Loma, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/07 12:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love my 19.5 Visions/225s. I have about 6000 miles on them now and couldn't be happier. It's the best upgrade you can do for safety and handling! My speed is slow by 4 mph according to my gps. Did not consider calibration and probably wont.

ymmv,
Jerry
2000 Lazy Daze 30' IB

3D

Tennessee - but have itchy feet

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/07 02:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Whew....I thought they were lost somewhere....just delivered to the wrong address!!!!!!!!!! [emoticon][emoticon][emoticon]

Well....you just gonna take pictures or are you gonna mount them and DRIVE!!!!!!!

OldSoldiers

Sierra Vista,AZ

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/07 12:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now you have to go to a dealer to have your speedometer adjusted so that it displays the correct speed and mileage while you are on the road.

It appears that your truck is new enough that it is a rather simple computer adjustment.

Nice pix's.

Good luck,
[emoticon]

Wife and I are both retired Army. Wife with 20 years and I with 33 years active federal service.

Tow Vehicle: 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ
5'er: 2016 Heartland, Big Horn 3270RS

dokkema1

Blanding UT

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/07 04:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thats a great price I contacted them last year and was quoted close to $5000 I may have to call them again looks great

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Finally got my 19.5's --pictures--
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS