Open Roads Forum

Print  |  Close

Topic: Latest Industry News Re. Sunline

Posted By: javaseuf on 02/15/07 10:06pm

Latest info in current issue of RV Business is as follows:

Sunline Coach Co. Shuttered, Continues to Explore Options
Longtime towable builder Sunline Coach Co. continues to search for a buyer after ceasing operations November 15, and placing a "For Sale" sign on the internet's most prominent retail clearinghouse.

"We're approching the sale from two perspectives" said Joe Bucara, Sunline president and COO, in an interview with RV Business in early January. "One is to sell the total business, including the company's intellectual property. We are also looking at selling the intellectual property exclusively. We have had interest in both propositions".

The article goes on to say that an auction with both options is being explored for an offering on eBay.

According to Bucara, Sunline began activly seeking a buyer in early 2006 "intelligently, not desperatly". In early November, the search for a buyer took on a more desperate tone.

Bucara states that should a buyer be found, production could be up and running in 90 days or less.

Bucara was part of an investment group that included Paul Kozloff, Bruce Cobb and John Whitehall, which purchased the family owned firm in February of 2004. Cobb left the company in 2005. Dale Zimmerman, son of original owner John Zimmerman, stayed on as vice president of production.

Click here
for previous news release.

* This post was last edited 02/15/07 10:27pm by javaseuf *

Posted By: SooperDaddy on 02/15/07 11:29pm

Except one of our own forum members posted not too long ago, he lives in the same town that the plant was operating in. As I recall, the banks are already liquidating the assets and selling off the property. It's a true shame, a sign of the times. Several other RV manufacturers are know to be suffering and tottering on the brink of closure. Ford is hurting, so is GMC, and Chrysler is up for sale! Whats going on here!

Posted By: SooperDaddy on 02/15/07 11:40pm

Article on Sunlines demise...

Posted By: Argosy24 on 02/16/07 04:49am

The responses in the above link are interesting. Some posters appear to be from dealerships and are warning manufacturers that quality is important to the customers and they aren't meeting the expectations.

Posted By: irishguy101 on 02/16/07 07:05am

fordsooperdootydieselsmoker wrote:

members posted not too long ago, As I recall, the banks are already liquidating the assets and selling off the property. It's a true shame, a sign of the times. Several other RV manufacturers are know to be suffering and tottering on the brink of closure. Ford is hurting, so is GMC, and Chrysler is up for sale! What's going on here!

Now you know how much Bull**** they spread about unemployment being lower, yea its lower because alot of the people that have run out of benefits are on welfare because they can't find a job.
No Job, No Money, that is why GM, Ford and Chrysler are in the way they are, Low or no Sales,and IMO its going to spread to the RV industry as Well.
Please don't say to yourself, Oh it won't happen to Blank or Blank or the Brand that I own,Because they are Sound.
Don't believe it,, if they are having trouble they sure are not going to say so till bottom falls out.
So Don't look to harshly at Sunline because you just might see some other MFG Closing tomorrow.

In NO way do I condone what Sunline did to their People, I Don't and I know how they Feel, Because it once happened to me also....I was one of those People....

">Joe "> Dianne
and Spanky "> a Jack Russell
2004 Durango Limited w/Hemi
2005 Sunline T280 SR

Posted By: pamvanw on 02/17/07 09:08am

And now Hershey is laying off 1500 people and moving production to Mexico. What's more American than a Hershey bar? Not any more I guess. Of course Sunline didn't announce that they were having problems. That would certainly cause customers to be shy away from ordering from them, and hasten their demise. Better to try to fix the issues while continuing to muddle through, and hoping for a turn around.

Pam
2012 Arctic Fox 30U
2012 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A

Print  |  Close