Open Roads Forum

Print  |  Close
Page of 19  
Prev  |  Next

Topic: F53 OWNERS - Tips & Suggestions

Posted By: P12 on 02/11/09 05:11pm

what rubber bushings are there to replace with poly? Obviously the sway bars, but are there others? I haven't paid attention. Poly on most anything else will transfer more noise, vibration and harshness typically.

Mike

2002 Georgie Boy Pursuit 3205FS, Ford F53 V10
2000 Plymouth Voyager, Ready Brute Elite
1982 Shasta pup

Posted By: brewster7 on 02/11/09 05:30pm

For the UK guy with the 2003 Ford: Connect to Ebay and check Item number: 270298253028.

The description says these ARE NOT the ones for your chassis, however you could email the seller "skutterdude" and see if he has a set for your chassis. Good luck, Roger in Texas

Posted By: Southern Wind on 04/03/09 06:45am

NAUTIQUE wrote:

Here's what I've run into so far:

TSB#02-11-3 * 4R100 Tranny Hard/Eratic shifting.
Powertrain Control Module (PCM) gets bad info from Speed Sensor.
Ford has a new ground cable that is added to PCM.
Cost me +/- $160 installed by Ford Truck Center.

What symptoms/problems were you having that caused you to have this TSB done? I am having some issues with codes on my 2000 Dutchstar on a ford chassis, and am wondering if this might help me.
Thanks.

Dance like nobody's watching.

2000 Dutchstar 37'
2000 CRV toad w/VIP towbrake

Posted By: SRT on 04/03/09 08:40am

Southern Wind wrote:

NAUTIQUE wrote:

What symptoms/problems were you having that caused you to have this TSB done? I am having some issues with codes on my 2000 Dutchstar on a ford chassis, and am wondering if this might help me.
Thanks.

If this is what I'm thinking it is....this is where your speedometer doesn't work and the transmission goes into a limp home mode. In my case stopping on the side of the road, putting the transmission in neutral, turn key off and restart. The speedometer then works. Well worth the cost and time spent for the fix.

SRT
2000 32' HR Vacationer with Banks
1998 Subaru Outback Ltd. 5 spd
Brake Buddy & Blue Ox Aventa II tow bar
FMCA #266040 HRRVC #84109

Posted By: NAUTIQUE on 04/03/09 11:29am

Southern Wind wrote:

NAUTIQUE wrote:

Thanks.

S.Wind,
I was getting some very strange tranny shifting.
Once I had checked in at a campground, jumped back in, put it in gear and it didn't move - Then it all of sudden it klunked in!
It would also seem to take forever to get out of the low gears at times and then klunk into the next higher one.
After replacing the PCM I haven't had it happen again!

Our Portable Summer Cottage II : 2000 GBM LANDAU on 1999 F53 chassis
Sumitomo ST718's,Bilstein's,Steer-Safe,UltraTrac
& Aventa II pulling a 97TJ
- Pics & Mods * GBM Thread * F53 Thread
The Crew: Lovely Wife,2 Daughters & Springer Spaniel!
LIFE IS GOOD!

Posted By: Southern Wind on 04/03/09 02:19pm

NAUTIQUE wrote:

Southern Wind wrote:

NAUTIQUE wrote:

Thanks.

S.Wind,
I was getting some very strange tranny shifting.
Once I had checked in at a campground, jumped back in, put it in gear and it didn't move - Then it all of sudden it klunked in!
It would also seem to take forever to get out of the low gears at times and then klunk into the next higher one.
After replacing the PCM I haven't had it happen again!

Did you replace the PCM, or just have the ground modification done?
Also, did you get a flashing OD light on the turn signal indicator, or did the check engine light ever light up? My OD light flashes at times, but quits when I get over 20 or so, and I'm getting a P0720 code being set. I have already had the trans and differential sensors changed out.

Thanks.

Posted By: DFord on 07/08/09 10:25am

Bump - Time to add more to this topic.

Keep it going...

Posted By: dykedelta on 07/10/09 05:16pm

anyone owning a hr endeaver know how or where air valve switch for external airhose on 98 endeaver is located ? John

Posted By: Jagtech on 07/10/09 08:49pm

My '97 Triple E with F-53 chassis had about 2" of free play in the steering wheel, which made keeping it on a straight track a real chore. I checked all of the steering and suspension components, and finally found the steering intermediate shaft, (which connects from the top of the steering box up to the lower part of the column) had an almost negligible amount of looseness in the slip joint, probably less than 1 degree. But that translates to a couple of inches at the steering wheel.
The new replacement shaft was an updated design, and took all of the free play out of the steering.

1998 Triple E F53 with 460 Ford
1995 Jeep Wrangler toad

Posted By: DFord on 07/10/09 09:02pm

John (dykedelta),

I think you'd better luck with your question by starting a new topic to ask about your HR Endeavor Diesel. This message thread is concerned with the Ford F-53 chassis and information related to it.

Thanks,
Don

Print  |  Close
Page of 19  
Prev  |  Next