RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: permanent sewer hookup - how ??

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> permanent sewer hookup - how ??

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
bobandgeri

Merrimack, NH 03054

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/07 08:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We want to migrate from using a flexble sewer hose to a permanent sewer hookup with rigid PVC pipe. Are there specific adapters made to connect the bayonet conector on the dump valve with the PVC pipe? How about at the drain in the ground? Living in the Northeast I assume we would want something that is flexable to handle frost slight movement in the trailer due to frost heaves. Thanks in advance for any assistance in what to buy for the connections.

2009 Jayco Eagle 322FKS
2004 Chevy 2500 Suburban 4x4 6.0L 4:10 axle
Prodigy Brake Control
Reese Strait-Line Hitch
Dual Cam High-Performance Sway Control

Zurk

Canada, USA (ON, NY, MA, RI, PA)

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/07 09:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i used a plastic PVC pipe from home depot with two 90 degree plastic elbows as in -------------------Elbow Up Elbow down [sewer dump] and then used the usual vinyl RV sewer hose (2ft cut out of a 10 footer) with 2 screw on straps (the kind with the metal screw which tightens the strap as you turn it) and a small 4 inch long by 1/8 inch thick sheet of rubber to fasten it. so its: screw on straps rubber RV sewer hose plastic PVC pipe. worked for several years now with no leaks and no problems. flexibility and the performance of PVC.

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.

tom_kat

way upstate new york/lake george area

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/07 09:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i think your going to need a flex pipe at the rv end of the pipe and make the rest solid.

1985 Class A Holiday Rambler Imperial 33 +1979 Class C Holiday Rambler Statesman 1000 = 24 ft

G & G Shelton

North Central Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/08/07 09:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a "permanent" pipe set up at our house. I used 3" PVC to tie into the septic system and at the RV end used an elbow sticking up with a threaded cleanout on it. Then we have one of those thread in RV elbow adapters and I use about 10inches of regular RV stinky slinky. This allows for movement, but also allows me to disconnect so we can leave.

It is pretty much the same setup as when in a CG, buy the stinky slinky is only 10inches instead of 10-15feet or more.

2007 Raptor 3712TS Toy Hauler
2008 F-450 Lariat W/ Lots-o-Options (Became mine on 2/22/2007)

broken axle

Mi.

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/07 10:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you can purchase bayonete fitting at rv dealer with a 3" pipe thread on the other end. Then go to hardware store and purchase 3" male threaded to pvc adapter. I then attached to sewer line in cg with a rubber double female fitting with clamps on each end.

31 jayco bhs
2007 GMC 2500HD duramax diesel w/ allison tranny

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/07 05:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We lived in a 5er for 6 mo while the house was built and I used 3" PVC from both dump fittings, with a 3" Y for the second tank, to a 3" dump into a sewer line to the house septic tank. I used wood blocks in a couple of places to keep the weight off of the 5er dump fittings. Worked great with temps down to zero.
JIM

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

nny12972

NY

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/07 06:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like you're trying to re-invent the wheel---just put the standard RV flexible sewer line on the supports or in a length of vinyl gutter.
J

ny_ttd

Upstate, NY

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/07 05:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wouldn't a permanent sewer hook up potentially cause some building code issues? One of my friends neighbors tried to put in a permanent sewer hookup for their trailer. Don't know all the details, but I think somebody complained and the building inspector made them take it out.

Also, I would think making a permanent connection for electric/sewer could create zoning issues since the trailer technically becomes a habitable structure. I know where I live you need approval from the planning board to do this.

Just something to think about. Putting in a dump station is one thing (I have one), but making a permanent connection to the sewer is another.

DAN

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> permanent sewer hookup - how ??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS