RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Modifications and Accessories

 > Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 214  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
RVDavie

Home

New Member

Joined: 04/12/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/18/12 03:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fisherguy wrote:

Hey, lets all post about all the stupid posts why don't we...?
Nah, takes too much time, since fully 25% of this looooong thread fits that category; from toilet rinsers, to toilet waxing to floor safes, to the mods with the X's where the pictures were supposed to be...............not to mention bumping and all those who couldn't figure that out

SkippysPad

Colorado.....I'm not qualified to be a

Senior Member

Joined: 07/21/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/18/12 04:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow.....39 new posts since I last checked. Must be some neat Mods I need to see........NOPE.
And to think, I have to remind my kids how stupid they look when they have an argument on facebook for the whole world to see.

I've heard good things about the accumulator below. Never used it or tried it myself. Good Luck and let us know if you do it. Pics are always a good thing.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/shurflo174-24-oz-accumulator-tank.aspx?a=422840

* This post was edited 05/18/12 05:09pm by SkippysPad *


2004 F-150 FX4 Super Crew, 5.4L, 3.73 Rear, Edge Evolution Programmer, Derale Fan Transmission Cooler, Prodigy Brake Control
Equalizer 1200/12K Trunnion Bars
2015 KZ MXT 303 Toy Hauler
2013 Ural Tourist, 2 dogs, Him & Her


Fisherguy

Vancouver BC

Senior Member

Joined: 07/31/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/18/12 05:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Okay, well getting back on topic I found some cracks over the middle hangers of my Lippert frame:



(anyone else having problems posting or problems posting pics?)

* This post was last edited 05/18/12 06:52pm by Fisherguy *   View edit history


06 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6 spd std with a few goodies.

2007 Komfort 274TS, SteadyFast stabilizers, Trimetric 2025RV, PD9280, Honda EU2000i, Xantrex SW600, shocks and EZ-Flex suspension, Reese Strait-Line


TMBLSN

Washington State

Senior Member

Joined: 04/07/2008

View Profile



Posted: 05/18/12 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bit Bucket wrote:

Am interested in this...
More details please!
What & where?
Thanks!


Why did this blow up? I quoted the original question here.

He didn't ask specifically what was done. That's a general question if I ever saw one.

A few of us directed him to searches and he got all upset about it.

We tried to provide details, what & where.

Where, in his question, does he even imply that he only wants the opinion of the one person? Isn't that what a PM is for? If you don't want anyone else to respond, shouldn't it go in a PM?

So many people takes things so personally. I was legitimately trying to help.

He doesn't think that one year is 'new', I disagree. At 4 years, I may, or may not, be past 'new'. Some have been on here for, what, 15 years or more? It seems that he took most offense to that statement, that I was somehow belittling him because he was new.

How does one welcome someone to the forum?

Obviously, after being online for over 30 years, he must understand that it's hard to read the intent of something that is typed. So much of communication is through voice inflection and body language. It is truly hard to tell exactly how someone means something, with all of the sarcasm in our society.

And, yes, AFTER my initial post, I did resort to sarcasm.

If I offended, I am sorry.

(And, lurking isn't a bad thing. I lurk on different forums all the time. That is simply the term that is used when you read a forum without joining. I'm sorry that I offended you with that statement, too.)

pasusan

PA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/13/2009

View Profile



Posted: 05/18/12 06:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SkippysPad wrote:

Wow.....39 new posts since I last checked. Must be some neat Mods I need to see........NOPE.
And to think, I have to remind my kids how stupid they look when they have an argument on facebook for the whole world to see.

I've heard good things about the accumulator below. Never used it or tried it myself. Good Luck and let us know if you do it. Pics are always a good thing.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/shurflo174-24-oz-accumulator-tank.aspx?a=422840
Believe it or not the argument continues for the whole world to see...

Anyway - I added the accumulator - it works great. I especially like being able to flush the toilet if I forgot to turn on the pump.

Here's a pic:



Trip Pics

"Are you sleeping.... Can you hear me?" Harry Nilsson

Susan & Ben ~
84 Bronco & 90 Award Classic 23 joined with a Hensley Cub


LTCLarry

Maggie Valley, NC

Senior Member

Joined: 11/03/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 05/19/12 08:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pasusan wrote:

SkippysPad wrote:

Wow.....39 new posts since I last checked. Must be some neat Mods I need to see........NOPE.
And to think, I have to remind my kids how stupid they look when they have an argument on facebook for the whole world to see.

I've heard good things about the accumulator below. Never used it or tried it myself. Good Luck and let us know if you do it. Pics are always a good thing.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/shurflo174-24-oz-accumulator-tank.aspx?a=422840
Believe it or not the argument continues for the whole world to see...

Anyway - I added the accumulator - it works great. I especially like being able to flush the toilet if I forgot to turn on the pump.

Here's a pic:
Is this the Shurflo model from skippyspad?

welove2drive

Southwestern Illinois

Senior Member

Joined: 10/15/2009

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/19/12 08:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is how I did mine.
I used a 3/4 tap tee and 2 3/4 male adapters


And a 2 gal. expansion tank that can be found at the big box stores or a plumbing supply house.


As others have said it works great and is well worth the time to do.


Dave and Marcia
02 Ford F350SD 4X4 SRW Longbed, 7.3PSD Auto
07 Flagstaff 829RGSS


Jerry9n

SE Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 10/28/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/19/12 10:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just put in a similar 2 gal tank. Haven't camped with it yet but seems to work well. I used a "SharkBite" tee and cpvc to the tank. I did put a valve in the tank feed as someone suggested. Saves antifreeze when winterizing was the theory.


Jerry9n
2009 23' Cikira Escape EXP
2006 Ford Expedition
Reese Pro Series SC
Tekonsha Primus IQ
HTT Mods


PennyPA

Out There Somewhere

Senior Member

Joined: 03/11/2002

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/19/12 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Where did you put these expansion tanks? Looks like the pictured one is in the house as opposed to the basement next to the pump. And what did you tap into? I don't see how this would alleviate the pump noise though since the pump would have to go on as you use the water in this tank, wouldn't it?


COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

My Home - 2002 Glendale Titanium, 32/37DS
Our Home's Leader - Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually

Our Leaders - Pounce Perfect(Dog-At Rainbow Bridge), Taco Terror (Dog), Sam Social (CAG) & Nellie Nuisance (Kitten)

pasusan

PA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/13/2009

View Profile



Posted: 05/19/12 12:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LTCLarry wrote:

pasusan wrote:

SkippysPad wrote:

Wow.....39 new posts since I last checked. Must be some neat Mods I need to see........NOPE.
And to think, I have to remind my kids how stupid they look when they have an argument on facebook for the whole world to see.

I've heard good things about the accumulator below. Never used it or tried it myself. Good Luck and let us know if you do it. Pics are always a good thing.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/shurflo174-24-oz-accumulator-tank.aspx?a=422840
Believe it or not the argument continues for the whole world to see...

Anyway - I added the accumulator - it works great. I especially like being able to flush the toilet if I forgot to turn on the pump.

Here's a pic:
Is this the Shurflo model from skippyspad?
Yes, it is - I got mine from Amazon. That's all I had room for.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 214  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Modifications and Accessories

 > Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS