|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> phoenix cruiser

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
lnn

Ponca City, Oklahoma, Kay County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/07 07:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

just ordered a new model 2950 twin beds and living room slide.went down from a 40ft. diesel,our needs are different now. hope we made agood choice. cruiser owners let me hear from you thanks lnn

ron.dittmer

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/07 09:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just received our new 2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, two weeks ago. We drove it home 160 miles from the factory, and that's all the travel it's seen so far.

We did not buy the zippered matress pad or bed spread as they were a lot of money, and we simply didn't think they looked all that nice. My wife bought our own fancy bedding on clearance, which is beautiful.

We did not get Phoenix two TV options as they were outragious in price. But we did get the surround sound/dvd with all the pre-wiring. We are buying a 26" widescreen Samsung LCD-TV for over the driver/passenger, and a cheap lap-top computer which will also be used as the rear bed TV/DVD. Doing this gets us much better electronics for much less money.

The only issue so far was that one of the lower string mounts for the dinnete shade had pulled away from the wall because the hole was stripped. I came up with a decorate plate to mount it strong. It turned out so well, I did the other side, and all the rest in the RV that are be suseptable to getting hit hard by someone, stripping the another screw out of that thin wafer wall.

We ordered ours with the "fixed" dinnete.....no slide-out. We are extremely happy with that decision.

When we visited the factory in Elkhart, IN, we saw a unit like yours with the dinette in a slide out. Way-Too-Confining...Period! And we are normal sized people, not tall, not overweight. The slide-out requires a raised floor, lowered ceiling, and side walls. All those take away from the table size, leg room, head room, and the overhead storage compartment. And when the slide-out is closed up, that wall behind the driver is terrible. I would not recommend a slide-out behind the driver, unless you are accomodating people to sleep on the couch/bed slide-out option. If your plan is for only two people like us, then I highly suggest the fixed dinette.

What interior/exterior colors did you decide on?

We got the full body paint, and are very happy with that option, but we wished we could have seen all 4 exterior colors in-person. Now that we have our gray exterior, we wonder if we should have considered the green full body paint. Go figure.

What percentage off MSRP did you get?

Email me direct, and I'll send you some pictures of our dinette and the rest. You can change your specifications for a little while yet. ron.dittmer@comcast.net

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

lnn

Ponca City, Oklahoma, Kay County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/07 10:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we got the sofa in the slideout full body paint grey

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> phoenix cruiser
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes