RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Colorado River Adventures RV Resort ???????

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Colorado River Adventures RV Resort ???????

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
MARK AN DAR

El Cajon, Ca (San Diego)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/07 12:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does anybody have or know about Colorado River Adventures Resort? It looks like a time share. Is it nice? any information would be heepfull, thank you.
www.coloradoriveradventures.com

Qcampers

Long Beach, California

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/07 12:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes....it is a camping RV resort ownership company. They have KQ Ranch in Julian where we got pitched...with a free 3 night stay. Hard sell, we turned them down...they also have some RV parks on the river in AZ and Mexico... just too much $$$. When you don't purchase, they blackball your name for 2 years so you can't buy a membership via resale....which would be the way to go if you were going to get one at all.

phil crouch

NW Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/07 04:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CRA Resorts are a campground membership... They have 4 parks along the Colorado River, one in Mexico and another in Julian..

We are NOT members of CRA, but been to the 4 parks along the Colorado River and enjoyed our stay at each of them.. Cost us $8/day thru Coast to Coast...

We have attended the sales presentations, and they are very motivated to sell you a membership, however we didn't buy one...

The CRA parks in Parker and Needles have boat ramps on the river... Lake Havasu and Yuma are the other two locations.. All of them have swimming pools, clubhouse, etc... We had full hookups at each park we stayed at..

If I were to purchase a membership with them, I would do so by buying a RESALE, however we enjoy our home park, so no need for us to buy into another home park..
I do know some of their members like to stay in their parks along the Colorado River all winter long as snowbirds...

Campground Memberships are not for everyone, but they have helped us keep our park fees very reasonable for the past 10 years...

Good luck on your research...

blackviper95

Paris Tn

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/07 01:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RUN as fast as you can.

2002 Monaco Windsor w/350 cummins, 2000 Saturn toed. Paris,Tn

Dick A

Spokane

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/17/07 09:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from General RV,ing forum.

2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
"Pisqually" the attack kitty

raroberts

SoCal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/17/07 08:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed at the KQ Ranch in Julien also as part of our "free year camping membership" when we bought our trailer.As part of your first stay you have to listen to a 2 hour sales pitch. We listened to the pitch and did not buy. Too much money.

However, the site was nice. There is a lot to do if you have kids and the food at the cafe was good and inexpensive. The "free year" is very misleading. We got 3 nights on a weekend the first time (when we got the pitch). But if you don't buy in, you can only stay at the same campground you got your pitch (not any of the CRA sites as it seemed to indicate) Sunday-Thursday (only) and your stays have to be at least 3 months apart. We haven't been back, but plan to before the end of the year. It will be interesting to see how they treat us.
Good Luck

08 F450 4X4 Lariat
07 Stellar 37' 5W Toyhauler
95 XR600R
03 XR400
07 660 Rhino
75 Z1B

WTTCS

freedom , U.S.A.

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/07 10:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Before you commit either way, please do a google search on this company. It appears, and I do not know myself, but it does appear they have a long , littered trail of dissatified and extremely upset customers. There have been many lawsuits against them and in most cases it appears they lost. Do not accept my or others words, check it out yourself.

AZ Mike

On the water

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/07 12:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm a member through resale. I had it given to me because the original members could not find anyone to buy it. I still had to pay about $600 in transfer and documentation fees. The original owners could not just let it go, the were still liable for the annual maintenance fees. I had to sign a two year minimum contract after which if I no longer wish to keep the membership then I can let it go. They do have lots of activities to keep the family occupied and their prices in the store are very reasonable as also are the prices from the bar and grill.

Mr Brew-Ski

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/07 06:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mark,
I've been a CRA member for about three years. Yes, they are a timeshare, the dues are about $400 a year. Purchased ours resale (paid about $1,800.) Drawback was that KQ Ranch in Ramona was not included when I purchased - if you do purchase resale make sure all the parks are included. If you are a river or desert rat you'll enjoy the parks. Our favorite is El Golfo de Santa Clara, Mexico where we can ride quads on the beach. Its like what San Felipe was 30 years ago. As to value, they only have 7 parks & almost all are in the desert (its 112 degrees out there now.) If you can get in for $8 a night through Coast to Coast you try going that direction 1st & get a good looksee(don't think they will allow you to stay beachfront.) I have no complaints. Most parks are family oriented & my only regret is that I wish I could get out there more often.
Happy Trails!
Mr. Brew-Ski

2000 Monaco Windsor 40' 330HP
1988 Suzuki Toad
20' Enclosed "American" Trailer
250, 300 & 400 Honda Quads, Custom Golfcart
2007 GMC 2500 HD Sierra Duramax LMM
Proud Father of A United States Marine!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Colorado River Adventures RV Resort ???????
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS