RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Duro trailer tires???

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Duro trailer tires???

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
flybaby_3

Near Pt. Huron Mi.

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/07 08:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Was searching for tires and came across these Duro Trailer tires. Never heard of them. Reasonable price and a decent looking tire but like I said, never heard of them. Anyone have first or second hand knowledge. Web site is "www.durotires.com"

2001 was a good year!
2001 Ford F250 Super Duty SC, V10
2001 Prowler 26H

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/07 08:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used a Duro as a spare on my 25 foot Coachmen. When I had a flat on one of my Goodyears I put on the spare and when the Goodyear was repaired I just put it in the spare carrier and left the duro on the trailer. At the time the Goodyears were about half worn out and the Duro was new and when I sold the trailer I took the Duro off because it was completely bald and the other three tires still had reasonable tread. The Duro never gave me any problems but it always did run warmer than the other tires but lasted less than half as long. It ALSO cost about half as much so I felt I got my money out of it. Take it for what it's worth / Skip

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

Bigcoyote

Mesa, Arizona, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/07 09:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had Duro's on my pop-up -- they lasted 10 years ( once a month camping trips) never gave me any problems.

John , Juli & the kids
2005 T@B T-16 - T@Basazi
2006 GMC Yukon XL Denali
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
1957 Shasta 15 footer ( project )
All Photos
Camp Photos

JJBIRISH

Butler, PA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/26/07 09:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Duro were the only tires I have ever had a problem with.
3 out of 4 with sidewall and tread bulges, but I caught them before having a blow out. they were 225x75x15R LR D...

Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

salda01

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/26/07 09:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stay away from them !!!!!! I had to replace all of them on my '06 MaxLite 23RS after 3,000 miles. All tires had sidewall cracks, some large enough to hold a dime. I have pictures if you would like them. The tires come with a 1 year warranty and 50% replacement anything after that. I notice the sidewalls month 14 (2 months) after expiration as the TT was in storage all winter. Spoke with Duro who was no help. Spoke with the dealer and R-Vision who agreed to reimburse me up to $96.00 per tire. I replaced them all with TowMaster Tire which are where made in Canada. No more China junk tires for me. Stay away...

The Chinese can't make dog food, so I'm most certainly not going to put my family's safety on their tires.

Biznaga

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/07 09:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All three of my origional DURO tires went bad. Lost tread while traveling. Fortunately no serious accidents. Still have one that was a replacement from first one that went bad.

My popup is 4 years old come September.

TV: 2004 Explorer Sport Trac

Home away from home: 2003 Jayco Eagle 10UD

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the hell out of the pig.

smkettner

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/26/07 10:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have 5000+ miles on my OEM Duros and no real troubles. One wore fast due to poor balance, now it is my spare.
Although I do not think I will replace with more Duros.

* This post was edited 07/26/07 10:52pm by smkettner *

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675 watts solar
Send a PM if I missed something

CREATO

Beautiful Harvey N.D.

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/07 10:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take a look at Titan tires they now own Goodyear all of there tires are American made and OEM to many farm equipment manufacturers as well as construction manufactures and great people to work with for instance 225/70r15 load range e (10ply} for around $92.oo per tire why gamble.

I dont rent out space in my brain

CampSight

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/07 10:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, this is all surprising to me. I bought Duros to replace the Carlisles on my hybrid upon recommendation! Have had them for 3 years so far and they have been nothing short of great. Perhaps quality has slipped in recent years(?)

jerbear83647

sw., ID

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/07 11:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They came on the Springdale I now own. Worst tires I ever had. Lasted one summer and they probably only had 5-700 miles on them. The next summer I had one blow on the interstate and about two weeks later the second blew while travelling through the mountains in Idaho. Company did not want to do anything and tried going through Good Sam but had no luck. After the second blow out I traded the rest off and have had no problem since.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Duro trailer tires???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS