|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Norcold N611 control board

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
joesasnit

California

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/07 02:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2004 Jazz by Thor of California. It is equipped with a Norcold N611 refrigerator. I am replacing the control board for the third time. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I keep it running on electric when not camping, but this last time it went out about 2 days into the trip when switched to Auto/Gas.

jwmII

out west

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/07 02:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dinosaur . com. Check their web site and get 1 of their boards and you should be trouble free. Be sure tho that your boards are actually the problem and are failed. Jack.

MELM

GA

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/07 07:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dinosaur does not show a board for the N611 - they don't have boards for the newer models.

Do you get any of the trouble codes - blinking patterns of the On and Gas lights?

One thing common to all those boards is the 12 volt input. From the installation manual: "The controls operate on 12 volts DC (10.5 volts min. - 15.4 volts max.). Operation out of these limits can damage the refrigerator electrical circuit parts and will void the warranty."

Have you checked the power converter output? What converter make and model?

Do you have anything on the DC system that could put voltage "noise" or transient spikes on the 12 volts? Motors, inverters, etc.?

Is your battery always connected?

Mel

sg.harrington

Marysville, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/07 11:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

are you sure the board is bad??? Have you called Norcold and asked tech services about the reset sequince on the board??? If you need a copy of the fix it guide bo to www.bryantrv.com and download the pdf version.

Steve Harrington

JFG

TN

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/07 06:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does it indicate a failure mode code such as LI OP

Fred

joesasnit

California

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/07 09:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am getting the error code of 5 blinks every 3 seconds. The manual says to see a service center, but this is the same code that has appeared each time. The batteries are connected and charged at all times, I use a 2300 watt generator for charging. This outing was the first time I connected a 1500 watt inverter, but I don't think that is the problem as it was not used the other times. I have contacted a local dealer and he suggests that I bring it in, as there my be another problem that is causing the control board to fail. This sounds like the best plan of attack, food is not cheap enough to have it spoil.

Chris Bryant

DeLand, Florida, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/07 06:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The 5 blinks is a no cooling code, which can be reset, but also is an indication of venting/cooling unit problems- not a board problem at all.
Is this the same problem that you've had for every board?
If it is- the boards have all been fine.

Norcold has 2 styles of board- you can find the instructions for clearing the code for the old style board here (170kb .pdf file), or the instructions for the new style board here (919kb .pdf file).

-- Chris Bryant
My RV Service Blog
The RV.net Blog

Good Samaritan

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/07 08:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe the 5 flashes means the controls have sensed the refrigerator is not cooling as it should. This problem is almost always related to poor installation of the refrigerator. The cooling unit must be vented correctly (to include proper baffeling)to allow sufficient air flow across the cooling unit. If the cooling unit gets too hot the gas absorption process will shut down or in other words it will quit cooling. The controls can't tell you why it is not cooling but it can tell if it is or isn't. Tell the service guy to quit replacing the board! The board is doing exactly what is suppose to do. Trust me, it has something to do with the installation and or venting. You would be amazed at what some of these coach/trailer makers do when installing gas absorption refrigerators. I have seen coaches that had a roof vent installed but they forgot to cut the hole in the roof !!! Add a fan in the back if they can't figure it out..it should at least help.

JFG

TN

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/07 06:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check the temp limit switch near the exhaust stack.shut unit off and unplug from electrical. Unplug the two wires to the switch and jumper them together. Plug refer back up and see if refer is runs. if so, shut off and reconnect the wires to the switch. If it doesn't run, the switch has blown. you can find one at Radio Shack.

mccrorc

Statesville, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/07 08:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Same problem with my Norcold N611. I am now going to have the board replaced for a second time. Fridge stays plugged in all the time. Food has spoiled twice now, and I'm getting so tired of it. Lights blink, and it goes off; it's supposed to go to propane, but never does. Nothing else goes off - AC is fine, microwave is fine, clocks don't need resetting - so it isn't the power coming into the coach. I just had the control board replaced last Thursday, went away for the weekend, and the fridge had gone off and food spoiled again. The other thing that is going on is that the refrigerator clicks all the time, and every time it clicks, the coach lights flicker. Does yours do that? I will take it in again this week, but it is a 125 mile round trip, I'm out the money for gas, food, and time. My coach is a 2007 Itasca Sunova. It only has 3200 miles on it. I think the Norcold N611 is just a lemon. I want a new fridge.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Norcold N611 control board
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS