RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Folding Trailers: Looking for Pop up tent trailer/ATV hauler

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Folding Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Folding Trailers

> Looking for Pop up tent trailer/ATV hauler

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
bowtieguy72

Roosevelt, North East Utah

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/07 04:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi,

I'm sure this has been answered, when I searched it, it came up to 11 pages. But I could'nt find what I was looking for.

I saw the fleetwoods pop up, atv hauler (nice). But was interested if there were anyone else doing this. The E2 was looking like the goods, but for 14,000, uhhhhh yea.

The others I have seen online was just a trailer that popped up to a tent with nothing in it but trailer floor. I'm looking for more like the Fleetwood, having a kitchen,bathroom, etc.

The salesman could'nt tell me how long they have made the Evolution series (typical salesman). Because I was thinking used would be a little better price wise. Ebay had a couple, one was the E2 and another was a homemade jobber. That one looked kinda stupid.

But any others known, I would appreciate the names or links. Thanks

He Ruide

Cincinnati Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/07 05:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lorin,
In addtion to the Fleetwood Evolution series the other PUPS with decks are Jayco Baya and the Starcraft 13RT and Starcraft 34RT series.

Hope this helps and BTW do you actually wear bow ties? I mean the ones that you tie yourself? If so then we need to form the Folding Trailer Bowtie Wearing sub forum [emoticon]

Fleetwood Evolution E3 - Yellow (DW let me get a Yellow one since she wanted an E3 with a slide out ">)
Hummer H2 - Black (DW vetoed the Yellow one, but I got two Yellow Hummer Folding Mountain bikes ">)

My Pics and Mods and My Weekly Blog

fairfaxjim

Fairfax, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/07 06:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most of the PUPs like you describe are pretty new. There are, in addition to Fleetwood, Starcraft RT series, and Jayco Baja series. They come in various sizes and prices. The Starcraft PUPs with an ATV deck in front start with the 11RT, about $13,000 new and go up from there. The 13RT adds a dinette slide out. They are all pretty well equipped from the factory.

I think the first year of the RT's was 2004, and the Baja's either 2004 or 2003. There are some used ones out there, but they are pretty popular and get high $$. I bought a used '04 11RT in May '05 - it was only used 3 times.

I don't know what sort of ATV you want to carry, but be sure you do your homework on what your final tongue weight will be with a fully loaded PUP w/ATV. The RT's are rated for up to 700 lbs. tongue weight fully loaded, so you can end up needing a pretty hefty tow vehicle and hitch and/or a weight distributing hitch.

Jim & JoAnne
2016 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD Double Cab
2004 Starcraft 11RT (Replaced by)
2011 Eclipse Milan 18CK Travel Trailer

TheHomelessGuy

San Jose, CA

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/07 06:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I picked up a new Jayco Baja this year, Lorin. Everything except the diamond plate storage box and AC - $10,200. Starcraft was almost 2k higher, Fleetwood was about 1k higher.

Ruled out the Fleetwood due to high tongue weight empty. Starcraft was looking good until I found out the railings can not be used as ramps.

I like the Baja, but the toilet/shower cabinet takes up a lot of storage and floor space. But it turns out I don't need a lot of storage space so it's not a problem.

Good luck [emoticon]

2004 Chevy Colorado 4x4
Jayco Baja 10Y
Yamaha Grizzly 700FI
I'm like the Roaming Gnome - you never know when I'll turn up on your lawn

mike4947

N. Syracuse, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/07 06:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Forest River also makes "toy hauler" PU's with a front deck in both their Flagstaff and Rockwood lines.
Coachmen/Viking also make a High wall trailer with a small front extension deck.

blog.rv.net Your daily guide to the Open Road

Subscribe to the daily digest

They say you learn by your mistakes, in that case I must be a genius.

bowtieguy72

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/07 11:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mucho Gracias, I will check them out. He Ruide bowtie as in Chevy baby!

He Ruide

Cincinnati Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/07 02:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lorin, AUGHHHHHHH I should I remembered the Chevy Bowtie... Oh well.

Mike, thanks for the tip of the other PUP;s with decks.

SuperDave178

Tacoma, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/07 11:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems a prime consideration in your PUP selection should be the adequacy of your TV. I encourage you NOT to "crowd" towing capacities or tow with a "tired" (worn out) vehicle.

Dave: of the "Blue Oval" pursuation

UP

Live every day as though it were your last; someday you'll be right.

bowtieguy72

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/07 12:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Zenith black and white TV, so what do you recommend? And yea, I dont intend on pulling it with a "Blue Oval" pursuation, so I will be more than good there. hehe

As far as ATV its a Polaris Sportsman 700, I think they weigh in at 750lbs.

stillwater

MT

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/07 09:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bowtieguy72 wrote:

I have a Zenith black and white TV, so what do you recommend? And yea, I dont intend on pulling it with a "Blue Oval" pursuation, so I will be more than good there. hehe

As far as ATV its a Polaris Sportsman 700, I think they weigh in at 750lbs.
..And that is without gas or any add ons like bumpers..We have a 500 and a 700 sportsman..Started out like you searching for a pup/atv hauler but found them to be quite pricey..Ended up putting a rack in the bed of the Super Duty to haul the atv's when we want to take the pup..

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Folding Trailers

> Looking for Pop up tent trailer/ATV hauler
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Folding Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS