RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Computer Desk and Euro Chair knockoffs

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Computer Desk and Euro Chair knockoffs

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
sansouci2

MN or wherever the MH is right now

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/07 04:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We want to remove one of our two sofas and put in a computer desk (New or used)and a couple of new recliners. We went to Elkhart, IN, hoping to find a used computer desk, and were disappointed. Where do you shop for these things, new or used?

Also, I've heard that are nice recliners available, similar to the Euro Chair, but for a lot less money.

Help, Please?

Thanks,

Hal

ronfisherman

SE Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/07 04:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you winter around Mesa, AZ. Check this place out. RV Interiors. They had a great RV Computer desk they were trying to get rid of last spring. It was too big for our MH and wrong color wood. Price was very low for the size cabinets in desk.
For a recliner do a search. Here is one recent thread. Recliner Question

* This post was edited 10/12/07 04:51am by ronfisherman *

2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A
TST tire pressure monitor system
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad

Super C Group Forum

hwybnb

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/07 06:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have an Ikea store near you try there. Their furniture is relatively inexpensive but you might have to assemble it yourself.

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/07 06:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had decided we wanted to replace one of our sofas with 2 recliners with a table/cabinet between them. In our last motorhome we replaced the recliner with a BEST chair. We bought it from Furnitureland in Goshen, Indiana. We decided against buying Flexsteel chairs or the Eurochair. We wanted full recliners and, to be honest, we are not impressed with the Flexsteel quality. We just had to have the Flexsteel driver's chair rebuilt and it's only 2 years old. We ordered 2 of the same chair we had ordered before, but in a different fabric. $1000 for both, much cheaper than anything Flexsteel. The big deciding factor for us is that these chairs fit BOTH of us. I am 5', hubby is 6'2". Believe or not, the chairs work for either one of us. We love them. Lazy boy makes no chair we found we could both use.

Did you happen to go to RV Surplus? They normally have quite a few of the Euro chairs for around $600 which I think is cheaper.

DH has built a credenza behind our chairs where I had storage behind the couch. He did a beautiful job. Next, he will tackle the space between then. We currently have a file cabinet, but it is a bit too big, so he will tackle that at his leisure.

Someone did give me a link to a custom cabinet maker, which I am sure would be very good, but probably expensive. I will dig that out and post it back here when I find it.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
Mom to Scotties, Butterscotch & Duchess
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2003 Sport Trac Toad
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/07 06:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ikea was an excellent idea. It didn't work for us, but that doesn't mean it won't work for someone else. We just put in an entire Ikea kitchen for our daughter. DH is very impressed with the cabinetry. They do have a website, so you can look online.

Dale

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/07 06:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is the link to the custom cabinet shop.

Davis Cabinets

Dale

Twomed

FL winters and then somewhere cool

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/07 07:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was in Elkhart yesterday. Brad and Hall offers custom computer desks for under $1k solid wood, match your stains etc. as well as a nice selection of new euro chairs. RV salvage had quite a few euro chairs for less.

Happy Trails
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

Ivylog

Blairsville, GA and WPB, FL.

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/07 08:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was able to do this myself as we need a office while on the road. Found a corner computer desk [Over Stock.com]that left me 36" for filing cabinets. Unfortunately 2, two drawer filing cabinets [Staples] take up 37" so had to take 1" off top of corner unit for a very tight fit. Used MinWax poly stain to match my cherry wood. Added a fold down leaf for my laptop when I turn the driver's seat around. Works well for both of us and while not a carpenter, it looks like it came from the factory and have less than $600 in it.

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.

04 Monaco Dynasty 42' quad slide
Where am I?
How I tow.

kitch251

Aiken, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/07 08:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought a very nice Euro chiar from Rooms To Go a couple of years ago for $360.00. Right across the Street at Lazy Days, they were asking $1,100.00!!!! Yep, that's right.

Jim

Rich D.

New England

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/07 08:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As others have said, there are many options for the desk or cabinet. The Ekornes knock-off's are, in many instances, poorly constructed and don't hold up. IMO, go for the original, they have many styles, colors and sizes.

Rich D. Wanderlodge M450 LXi

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Computer Desk and Euro Chair knockoffs
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS