|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Christmas

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
countryside2007

utah

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/07 09:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks everybody!
We are going full time next year and didn't want to leave the hand beaded and hand painted ornaments behind, don't care about the tree can just get something small and local but didn't want to leave behind these ornaments. I am very glad to know that there are lots out there that haven't given up this there traditions,

Him and Me
06 Dodge drw
08 Sunnybrook Bristol Bay

Barbilou and Fujimo

Kino Bay Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/07 09:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's the tree I "rescued" from the woods in Minnesota: it's about 7 inches tall and I painstakingly hung tiny beads and a bead garland on it. I also crocheted tiny mufflers for my crystal polar bear and penguin. Too much time on my hands... And here's my garland over the slide where I hung "the favorites" that were culled from the last big tree in the stick house. Really can't have more stuff because it would get wrecked. (Big dog, big cat.)
[image]

[image]

Casita (made of straw bales!) in Dos Palmas near Kino Bay

Love Boat II

Some where in the USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/07 09:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Carolyn&Keith wrote:

Nope, no decorations for christmas, unless you want to count the paper star hanging all the time from the switch on one of the a/cs. Us, 2 dogs & 2 cats in 33' moho w/u slide ... NO ROOM IN THE INN! Never did outside lighting in a sticks n bricks, don't like to be in a site next to people with outdoor lighting, Christmas or any other time . . . we're too energy conscious for that. We'll have a quiet dinner and go to church Christmas eve, late-night candlelight service if we can find one.

Sorry

DianneOK

Donnelly, ID

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/07 05:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is no need to give up any of the traditions you have when fulltiming....we didn't. We scaled way back and enjoy the holidays just as much....a few treasured ornaments, our little prelit tree and some small nic naks....[emoticon] We hang any cards we get on the slide overhead, the wreath by the front door and a few garden flags outside.

Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

RoadXYZ

OR-WA-ID-CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/25/07 01:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

to Barbilou and Fujimo - "And here's my garland over the slide where I hung "the favorites" that were culled from the last big tree in the stick house. "

thanx for the picture .. I had been thinking of doing this, just wasn't sure how it would look .. yes, we have some ornaments which I would love to hang this year .. again thank you 4 the pics - Marji

Full-Time RV'rs - Grandma Marji, and Grandpa
2008 Suburban / 2004 Alpenlite TT(FT)

B&J006

Sioux Falls, SD

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/07 04:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Rockhilmanor....
Loved your tree you had in the picture!!! Do you mind sharing where you found it? I have looked at several places for something like that and haven't found one yet.....
This is our first Christmas in the rig and want to decorate...getting some great ideas! Keep them coming!!!!
I packed all my decorations and sold the rest..... looked for the small ceramic Christmas tree my mother made in 1960 but couldn't put my finger on it quickly today ....will have to go back to the storage shed and look deeper!
thanks for the ideas!!!

Bill & Joyce
2002 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax, Allison Tranny, Prodigy Brake Controller,Banks Exhaust Brakes,Air Lift Bags
2008 Newmar Torrey Pine 4 slides; 20,000 lb. Airide Hitch, Mor/ryde IS;
Fulltimers and loving it!
Newmar Kountry Klub #12105L

retiredE8

Sioux Falls, SD (formerly - Norfolk, Va)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/07 06:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DW love's her tree. We've always had a real cut tree and DW has always said if we get an artificial tree she'll put artificial presents under it. So, last year we bought a $60 cut tree and cut the top 3 foot out and had it decorated on the steering wheel table. This year I talked her into a 3 foot artificial.....my guess is I'll end up with artificial presents!! LOL
John

John & Paula P. (USN..retired)
2005 38' Coachmen Cross Country SE (SportsCoach 376DS)
300 Cummins/5 spd Allison
05 Saturn VUE...4 dwn

Dave58

Livingston, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/07 03:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, would not be without one.

2002 Newmar Kountry Star 34RLCK Fifth Wheel
2001 Ford F350, Dually, PSD
"Lovin' this Full-timer thing."

nor-easter

On The Road Again

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/07 01:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a three foot tree that we used before we came full timing. We have not nor ever did much outside lighting as we are so thankful that we do not have to pay any aditional electric service fees in Thousand Trails where we spend most of our Happy Times.

You folks that are putting up great numbers of lights and lighted statues and such. Do you pay your own electric or are you using Camp Ground Electric?????? Please don't flame me for asking but we thought it must put a big dent in the Camp Ground Electric Bill for everyone's extra lights.

Capt. Chet

03 Journey DL 39.5 w/330 CAT and bells & whistles!!!!
Toad is a 04 Malibu
Full timing
Out Door World Elite/ Thousand Trails/ Pass Port America
FMCA f10045d

countryside2007

utah

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/07 10:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you guys are the best! I was worried about going full time and having to give up my favorite time of the year! but with all of the great ideas here I now realize that it may have to change to some degree but won't have to be given up completely.
Thank you!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Christmas
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS