|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV Decorating for Christmas

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
MSW

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/07 09:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Merry Christmas,
I was wondering what great ideas everyone has on how to decorate my MH for the Holidays? I have a tree on the dash and some light on the the outside. What other good light weight ideas do you have. Everyone else is starting to decorate and I would was trying to find out what other things I could do my RV. In my stick house I had was pretty standard. I have family coming and would like for everyone to feel the holiday spirit. Have a great Holiday seasons.

Happy Trail's

pulsar

Lewisville, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/07 09:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from Technology Corner to General RVing Issues.

ladymc53

Canyon Lake, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/07 09:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In some catalog I saw a Christmas tree that was cut in half (long ways) and attached to the wall and decorated. That would be cool if I could find it again! Then of course, I'd need wall space and with all the windows all I have is 1 place to the right of the front door when you walk inside. Anyone seen this tree and know where to find it? Merry Christmas!

LadyMc
Sitting Stationary in a 33 ft. Newmar 5th wheel

Chrysler Town & Country Mini-van with Stow & Go Seats pulling a
CAMP INN 560 ULTRA RAINDROP -called a Raindrop, not a Teardrop cause it has a couch that makes into bunks - the Rolls-Royce of Tears!

RVSnowbird

OR-NV-AZ-OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/07 10:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

how about external decorations ala inverter? One town I know of is having a Christmas parade and invited decorated motorhomes. I'm sure there are others. I see 18-wheelers going down the highways all decorated so why not rv's?

RVSnowbird

ladymc53

Canyon Lake, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/01/07 06:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RVSnowbird wrote:

how about external decorations ala inverter? One town I know of is having a Christmas parade and invited decorated motorhomes. I'm sure there are others. I see 18-wheelers going down the highways all decorated so why not rv's?

RVSnowbird

Now THAT'S a great idea! Won't be able to do it this year - selling the old truck and won't get the new one till mid Jan. But hopefully next Christmas we'll be fulltiming (better be!) and can do that. What town is it? Maybe I'll be there!

RVSnowbird

OR-NV-AZ-OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/01/07 09:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check the Calendar of Events that just about every city Chamber of Commerce or Visitor Bureau puts out. Most sponsor a Christmas Parade and set the rules so ask. That's how traditions are started.

I grew up in Seattle so saw an annual Christmas Boat Parade which is done just about anywhere there is a waterway.

The one I referred to was an item in the Pahrump Valley Times which is a town 60 miles northwest of Las Vegas:
Quote:

Christmas parade of lights

The VFW and Spotlight on Pahrump are sponsoring a Christmas parade of lights for vehicles and in particular, RVs decorated with lights for Christmas.

There will be a parade of the entries through the Calvada eye beginning at 6 p.m., Dec. 8.

Entry fee is $20 per vehicle.

All proceeds will be dispersed to local charities through the VFW.

Call Dan at 537-2562 for more information.
RVSnowbird

infopubs

Full timer, domicile in WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/01/07 02:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We did a couple of small things to decorate our rig.

We attached a pre-lit, artificial wreath to the front bumper. We installed a plug up there just for the wreath.

[image]

I added a some extra throw pillows in holiday colors to the couch.

[image]

I found some cute candles in the shape of Christmas trees that ride safely on the counter.

[image]

I'm thinking about adding some artificial garland to the dashboard, too, but haven't found any I like yet.

Cute topic! I hope to see more ideas.

-Louise & Sean
We fulltime in our custom converted bus, a Neoplan Spaceliner
Our daily travel blog | More than you ever wanted to know about our bus

The difference between an ordeal and an adventure is ATTITUDE

KLO

Southern OK

View Profile

Posted: 12/01/07 04:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try Hobby Lobby or other craft type store for the half tree.Hobby Lobby is where I got mine, I have one for the house, it's only about 3' tall and 2" wide. Sticks out about 10" from the wall so it would be a good size for a motor home or TT. It has a half pot you can spray paint or cover with burlap, whatever your taste and decorating scheme. Even tho we have already winterized I'm thinking about putting my tree in the TT just because!

sailson

Center Hill, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/01/07 05:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you would like to see some great ideas for Christmas decorating of RV's, go thru Disney's Fort Wilderness during the Holidays. Some RV's there are decorated more elaborately than most stick homes.

ladymc53

Canyon Lake, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/01/07 05:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KLO wrote:

Try Hobby Lobby or other craft type store for the half tree.Hobby Lobby is where I got mine, I have one for the house, it's only about 3' tall and 2" wide. Sticks out about 10" from the wall so it would be a good size for a motor home or TT. It has a half pot you can spray paint or cover with burlap, whatever your taste and decorating scheme. Even tho we have already winterized I'm thinking about putting my tree in the TT just because!

That's great! Thanks! I'll get it and put it on the wall of the stix and brix so I can dream of next year! Besides, all the kids are gone and won't be here for Xmas and I wasn't going to put up a tree, knowing that they'd all pitch a fit - so this solves THAT problem! Kills 2 birds with 1 stone!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV Decorating for Christmas
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS