|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> WW Repairs

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 55  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
callen65

st. peters mo

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/11 03:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is this an FK2100?

micpib1

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/08/11 04:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

callen65 wrote:

Is this an FK2100?

I am considering a WW 2100 FB Superlight (23'), just wondering if the problems got worked out for 2008 & 2009 models? JH

callen65

st. peters mo

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/11 04:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have an FK2100 and havent had any of the issues it was recalled for.

Macs Dad

SoCal

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/11 07:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check the tongue frame steel thickness. Should be 3/16 think on the 08 and 09's. If it is that won't be an issue.

07 Weekend Warrior SL2805
05 Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab 6.0/410 Gasser
08 Polaris RZR
06 KX 250F

mnmfrantz

Santa Maria, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/28/11 10:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m the original owner of a 2007 FS2500 (Superlite) and I’ve never had the “prophylactic fix” installed to reinforce the tongue frame. This was primarily due to my understanding that the fix was not necessary for trailers that had the 3/16” thick tongue frame (versus the 1/8” that was known to cause problems). Until this past spring, my WW had been trouble free with no sign of the “signature harm” described in the class settlement agreement.

Sometime around March or April of this year, I started to notice slight bowing of the exterior siding in the lower right-front section. Since then, the bowing has worsened to the point where I now have nearly an inch separation of the exterior siding at the right-front section (see picture). I am now beginning to see other issues inside the rig, such as bowing of interior panels.

After reading through the class settlement agreement again, I now realize that the tongue frame thickness had nothing to do with the recommended “prophylactic fix”. Was there some other document that said the 3/16” thick tongue frame was not susceptible to the signature harm and that the “prophylactic fix” was not necessary? Somewhat of a moot point now, but I could have sworn the fix was dependent on the frame thickness.

For those that required repairs of qualifying damages on their WW, how were they done? Was structural work required to straighten out the bows and close the gaps in exterior siding/molding, or did the “prophylactic fix” pull things back together?

Last question, does anyone have a recommendation for a repair facility in the Central/Southern CA area? Needless to say, we love our FS2500 and intend to pay for the necessary repairs so we can continue to use it for years to come.

Thanks!

* This post was last edited 11/28/11 10:56pm by mnmfrantz *   View edit history

2008 Fleetwood Terra LX 34N

Macs Dad

SoCal

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/11 07:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Below is a copy of the overview. The trailer tongues were just a part of the problem. It was noticed that some owners with tongue steel that was 1/8" think were bending upward over a period of time. The fix for that was to replace the tongue steel with 3/16" steel and some added bracing. That was just the fix by WW for that portion of the issue's. Thus the tongue is part of the frame.

Welcome to the Weekend Warrior Trailer Class Settlement Website

Overview

A settlement has been reached in the class action lawsuit about Weekend Warrior Recreational Trailers equipped with frames manufactured by Zieman Manufacturing Co. or its affiliates. The $5.532 million settlement provides repair and/or reimbursement for Class Members with Signature Harm to the trailers, including bent frames, detached siding, and warped forward cargo areas. The settlement also pays Class Members for Qualifying Harm to the towing vehicles used to haul the trailers. Settlement funds are also available to reimburse Class Members who experienced blown tires on their trailers or towing vehicles as a result of excessive trailer weight. In addition, Weekend Warrior will provide free structural reinforcement of the trailer frame for any Class Member who owns a FS 2600, FS 2800, FS 3000, or SuperLite model. Your payment will be based on your qualifying damage.

“Class Members” are all United States residents who were, are, or become owners of any Weekend Warrior trailer that was manufactured between January 1, 1998 and December 31, 2006 and equipped with a frame manufactured by Zieman or its affiliates. Excluded from the Class are: (i) all persons to the extent that they properly and timely opted out pursuant to the settlement agreement in this matter; and (ii) the judge to whom this action is assigned and any member of the judge’s immediate family.

If you have qualifying damage to your trailer or towing vehicle; you have had to replace tires on your trailer or towing vehicle due to excessive trailer weight; or you own a FS 2600, FS 2800, FS 3000, or SuperLite model and would like to have the structural reinforcement (also called the Prophylactic Fix) installed, you must submit a Claim Form.

NorthernCharlie

California

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/11 08:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have a 2008 W/W Superlite FB1900. Have recently started to have issues like the ones listed in the class action lawsuit. Since our unit was not manufactured during the listed dates we don't qualify for any help.
Our unit is now down in Corona, CA at Warrior Lifestyles waiting to be repaired. Our contact there is Tiffany 1-800-500-9914. They have treated us well other than the $5,014.00 quote to fix the problems with the unit....what choice do we have? Our frustration, (besides the money) comes from our local dealer that sold us the unit. They never made us aware at any time that there had been these types of issues. When we found out that W/W was out of business for good and that our warranty was no longer valid we contacted our local dealer who said they couldn't help us and then laughed when we got upset. Good luck to anyone out there that doesn't qualify for any help....

Macs Dad

SoCal

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/11 06:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2008 ???? First I've heard of those years having issue's. Thought is was mostly up to 2006. Wonder what your build date was ?

NorthernCharlie wrote:

Have a 2008 W/W Superlite FB1900. Have recently started to have issues like the ones listed in the class action lawsuit. Since our unit was not manufactured during the listed dates we don't qualify for any help.
Our unit is now down in Corona, CA at Warrior Lifestyles waiting to be repaired. Our contact there is Tiffany 1-800-500-9914. They have treated us well other than the $5,014.00 quote to fix the problems with the unit....what choice do we have? Our frustration, (besides the money) comes from our local dealer that sold us the unit. They never made us aware at any time that there had been these types of issues. When we found out that W/W was out of business for good and that our warranty was no longer valid we contacted our local dealer who said they couldn't help us and then laughed when we got upset. Good luck to anyone out there that doesn't qualify for any help....

NorthernCharlie

California

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/11 07:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All of our paperwork is in the trailer down in Corona--was planning on asking if they can look at the frame for us to see if there is a build date and/or builder listed. Spoke to the company in charge of the funds for the class action lawsuit to see if they could help...was told that even though there was an award made, that W/W went BK before any claims could be paid out. According to them, as of today there has not been a single penny paid. Also spoke to a woman at the "New Vehicle Resolution Unit" and was told that all attempts to resolve any issues with W/W have been met with silence.....After talking to the people at Warrior Lifestyles, (the ones repairing our trailer), build dates, frames, etc. don't seem to make a difference--they have repaired all different types of W/W trailers. I still firmly believe that my local dealer should have made me aware of the ongoing problems with the W/W company since we purchased the unit in early August 2007--while the class action lawsuit was still ongoing.

* This post was edited 12/13/11 07:55pm by NorthernCharlie *

Macs Dad

SoCal

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/11 07:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

August 2007 could have a build date of 2006 maybe. Ours took 3 months to get after ordering it so depending on how long the dealer had it ??? Good luck with the repairs.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 55  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> WW Repairs
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS