|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> WANT TO BUY USED TOY HAULER

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
363petty

Kansas City Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/08 09:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been looking relentlessly to find the right toy hauler to buy on a small budget. I'm wanting to buy a light wt. / small toy hauler with or without a full kitchen or bathroom. It must air conditioning. My purpose is to hitch it to my fifth wheel, but not a necessity. We camp/travel with our dogs and now we have 6. They are sweet and well behaved. I'm wanting something like a dog house on wheels. We can always use and extra shower or bathroom and refrigerator. They like to watch animal planet so cable ready is nice. Even though they travel in the cab with us, it would be nice to have additional space for them to nap/feed or when we have company. I realized not everyone has the same passion for my fur kids like I do. I've looked at custom utility trailers but they are exspensive at the new o8 price. Is there anyone out there who can help me find what I'm looking for or have a toy hauler at a reasonable price. Thanks

spetty
06 36ft Carriage Cameo
07 Chevy Diesel Crew

OlderThanSand

Tollhouse, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/08 10:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You better keep your overall length in mind while shopping. A Carson Rebel is the smallest TH I know of. There are probably others.
If you can, how about selling your current 5er and getting a TH with a garage? That would give you what you want and eliminate the hassle of 2 trailers. Just a thought.

2012 Ram 1500 4x4 CC
2006 22' Carson Titan
2009 Polaris RZR
2007 Honda TRX 250EX
1995 model dune crazed granddaughter

Supercharged

Az.

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/08 10:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With all the lay off, they will start to fill up all the repo lots real soon. Just keep you eyes open.

2005 Chev 5.3 Supercharged 395HP 425 T hp. Two wheels on front, 2 on back. one seat, tint windows. front and rear bumpers, headlights, windows. Door on each side. Heater, floor mats, 6 Reese candy bars, junk behind seats, some dirt. Pulls so hard.

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/08 10:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

363petty wrote:

I've been looking relentlessly to find the right toy hauler to buy on a small budget. I'm wanting to buy a light wt. / small toy hauler with or without a full kitchen or bathroom. It must air conditioning. My purpose is to hitch it to my fifth wheel, but not a necessity. We camp/travel with our dogs and now we have 6. They are sweet and well behaved. I'm wanting something like a dog house on wheels. We can always use and extra shower or bathroom and refrigerator. They like to watch animal planet so cable ready is nice. Even though they travel in the cab with us, it would be nice to have additional space for them to nap/feed or when we have company. I realized not everyone has the same passion for my fur kids like I do. I've looked at custom utility trailers but they are exspensive at the new o8 price. Is there anyone out there who can help me find what I'm looking for or have a toy hauler at a reasonable price. Thanks spetty06 36ft Carriage Cameo07 Chevy Diesel Crew

IT appears the admin has been moving your thread around, so my quote may show up from one of those too

I have "an answer for you that many of use for just the case you have" but I need to know which of the 'following' you have/want.

If I read this right you ALREADY have a 5th wheel that you want to tow an ADDITIONAL trailer behind it?

OR

A 5th wheel that has a toy box included within the RV?

Which actually this 'would' be your best bet. They make numerous models of these and also a Class C Toy box would be the answer too.

Rock

* This post was edited 01/20/08 10:28am by rockhillmanor *

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us".

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/08 10:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What the handlers that have to carry a lot of dogs will use is either a Haulmark IMHO the best, trailer that comes in all sizes and they can add windows, vents, fantastic fan vents whatever. Then youcan construct a screen door for the back or option side door so the TT can be left open for the pets and no fly's can get in and they can't get out.

The other one we use is a horse trailer, again comes in many sizes, windows are already there.

Both of these type trailers can be purchased relatively inexpensive,
look at your local papers or you can search rvtraderonline.com to get a feel for the prices.

Here is one that I am presently looking at buying, it will give you an idea of how it would fit what you want to use it for.

This is what they call a 3 place horse trailer, you can buy a used one place trailer that would be considerably smaller and shorter in length. And if you want smaller. Look for a mini-horse trailer, these are made to accomodate the miniature horse breeds.

* This post was edited 01/20/08 10:32am by rockhillmanor *

363petty

Kansas City Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/08 07:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for your suggestions. I have 5th wheel 06 Carriage that I love. This is why I don't want to give it up. Please keep your ideas and suggestions coming. Thanks

spetty
06 Carriage Cameo
07 Chevy Diesel Crew

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> WANT TO BUY USED TOY HAULER
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS