RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS - NEW DOMETIC RECALL

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS - NEW DOMETIC RECALL

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
franky14

Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/08 05:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did exactly that and called dometic. The phone recording tells everyone with that model number that they are part of the recall when they are not. I got into a huge argument with dometic over this. They hired a company to handle all of their recall notices and information to do this. Well, the company they hired has no clue what is going on. Here is what I went through:
1) Called Dometic recording stated I was part of recall, they took all of my information down to vin number of the vehicle. They stated make an appointment with my dealer
2) Made appointment drove motorhome to dealer and dealer calls me and states that I am not part of recall. I tell them dometic says I am. Dealer states we go through this all the time we will call dometic to verify
3) I call dometic and they stated once again that it is part of the recall and the dealer is crazy.
4) I call dealer back to verify and this is when I got the real information. The dealer called Dometic themselves not the 1800 recall number. Dometic stated that my frig was not part of it and the recall company has just simply included everyone into it. I then called dometic myself and not the 1800 and got the same story. The dealer told me that he has gotten burnt several times installing the kit on units that were not covered. DOmetic never paid them for this work. The customer brought in the information and everything so they preformed the work. I called the 1800 number back and asked them if they were part of dometic and they confirmed that they are an outside company hired to handle the recall for dometic. I simply hung up

3) two day sI had to take off of work early to take my motorhome to the dealer and bring it back for no reason!

So, make sure it is part of the recall the dealer has the correct information not the recall company.

Just my $.02

Calgary Campers

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/08 10:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our dealer, Guarantee RV in Calgary sent out a mobile repair unit. They guy double checked everything and put in the kit. Told me to have a nice day and left.

All he "appear" to have done is put in two guards and a couple of sensors. I can't test it as I ran out both 30 lb bottles on the weekend and won't be able to get more until this weekend. Pretty painless.

here are a couple of pictures, before and after

here

Wayne

propane1320

Edmonton, Ab, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/08 08:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

what was the criteria on the recall? The link in the original post no-workey anymore...
thanks

2003 Winnebago Journey 32T Diesel with propane injection
2006 Suzuki XL-7 toad

tomcat1701

Denver, CO

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/08 10:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had registered my Dometic frig in 2004 after we purchased our TT. I have not received a recall notice from Dometic, but the model and serial number match the criteria of the recall. Since I have not received a recall notice, does that mean my frig is not part of the recall?

-------------------
2006 Dodge Durango Limited (HEMI!!)
2004 Forest River Rockwood Roo 26RS
States visited - Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Montana, California, Kansas, Florida, Tennessee, Virginia, Georgia, Nevada, Utah

campinginthewoods

Central ILL

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/08 05:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomcat1701 wrote:

I had registered my Dometic frig in 2004 after we purchased our TT. I have not received a recall notice from Dometic, but the model and serial number match the criteria of the recall. Since I have not received a recall notice, does that mean my frig is not part of the recall?

After the 1 st recall I called anywayss.........As I bought my TT used so I never recieved a notice.....I had heard about the recall from this site....You do have to call the 800#...It is worth checking into. I'll be checking mine for the second recall soon just in case it's part of the new recall.

"Our family is a circle of love and strength.
With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love.
Every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger. "

CarNDen

Pensacola, Fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/08 02:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our 5er is an 06' and I had never received the letter from Dometic. My # was on the recall list when I checked the Dometic site and I printed out that form. Called my repair shop and they had me come in the next day. Upon checking out my unit they said mine was already done so I told them that this was a new recall. They called Dometic and found out that it was a new fix. What they did to mine was the same as the photo's Calgary Campers showed above.
I'm just upset that I was never notified.

msport976

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/08 02:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had mine done this morning, on a two day wait list. Brought it in to Stevens RV in Lafayette, Louisiana ( 90 miles away ) and it took 40 minutes. A little 8 x 12inch sheet metal screwed in to form an additional fire wall.

The two problems I had though, were first, why didn't I receive any word on this from my dealer. They sure were at my email address getting the sale. It just happened that I came to the internet and found these forums.

Finally, not all dealers listed on the recall list will do the job. While they are authorized, they refuse to do a $40 job ! I had one tell me he could find someone but he would charge me his normal hourly wage.... Gee, where is the loyality to do something for the sake of safety? He was going to get compensated...

Anyway - Hooray - Stevens RV in Lafayette La.

beaglebiz

PA

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/08 03:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We purchased our trailer used, but have found due to a notice in a campground, or fridge model is included in the recall...does anyone have the 800 number to call?

Grandma D

Cleveland, Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/08 08:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought our skyline layton tt second hand, and I have been seeing all kinds of posts bout the fridge recall. Ours just "quit working", and I tried skyline's website and dometics and conveinently none of there recall links work. Can anyone tell me how to find out if I am affected by the recall? Thanks. D

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/08 04:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grandma D wrote:

We bought our skyline layton tt second hand, and I have been seeing all kinds of posts bout the fridge recall. Ours just "quit working", and I tried skyline's website and dometics and conveinently none of there recall links work. Can anyone tell me how to find out if I am affected by the recall? Thanks. D

Go here, put in the required information and it will tell you if your refrigerator is one of the recalled ones. I had mine done a month or so ago and just go the recall notice in the mail this week!

The fix involves putting some sheet metal around, behind, beneath, and in front of the burner. It also involves putting a temperature probe in the burner that connects to the control board and will shut off the gas if the temps get too high.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch
2002 Ford F250 Super Duty, 7.3L PSD
Visit our website here

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS - NEW DOMETIC RECALL
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers