RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 458  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
cekkk

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 02:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumpyroad wrote:

cekkk wrote:

Don't get me started, Bumpy. Corn crop is devastated, yet EPA mandates a huge percentage of it to go into ethanol production. That will force other grain prices up even more. People in third world countries will die of starvation in even larger numbers than they already do, all so that the EPA can continue with its radical economically destructive behavior.

Mod, can I say that?

Hey, I thought my sarcasm was obvious?

bumpy

It was, it was. I just can't resist flaming EPA at every chance!

'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

Dick A

Spokane

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 03:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I call them the extreme pollution agency. Why? Well, the thousands of pages of regulations they generate consumes thousands of trees, consume a huge amount of and resources printing, distribution, and enforcing regulations. They also tend to generate more waste than a barn yard with their false rhetoric.

As for the rise in fuel prices, the dollar is slowly losing value internationally. The Chinese as well as others are buying copper, silver, and other commodities rather than treasuries. The market speculators are betting energy prices will rise thus bidding the current market prices up.

We are just starting to see the long-term market economic results of quantitative easing as well as other monetary policy.

2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WAYMXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty

LindsayRichards

Tavares, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 03:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh, I thought it was called the Employment Prevention Agency.

cekkk

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 03:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It seems ANY effort the environmentalists oppose can be held up for years, even killed, via the use of an EIS, environmental impact statement. I suggest we get our representatives to turn the tables on them by requiring, before any regulation or lawsuit is filed, that they file an EIS of their own - Economic Impact Statement. I'm serious. The public should be made aware of the huge costs and enormous damage they wreak on society.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/12 04:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cekkk wrote:

Don't get me started, Bumpy. Corn crop is devastated, yet EPA mandates a huge percentage of it to go into ethanol production. That will force other grain prices up even more. People in third world countries will die of starvation in even larger numbers than they already do, all so that the EPA can continue with its radical economically destructive behavior.

Mod, can I say that?

This is sorta the inverse of so many years where we had a glut in corn and ethanol. As for 3rd world folks we let wheat rot in the fields and other crops as opposed to sending it elsewhere.

You are right though this year and the next several years I think will be tough on gas prices and the dought years will continue.

I went 60 miles today and used 2/10's of a gallon of gas at just under 4 bucks a gallon, michigan is one of the highest prices.

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2015 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
Lifes short enough without bitch'n about it!

SRT

Head of the Lakes, MN

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/12 08:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gas prices went up 10ยข a gallon at many stations overnight. Now the high is $3.84 a gallon. Diesel is at a high of $4.05 a gallon. Gasoline will probably pass thru $4.00 a gallon real soon now...

cekkk

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/12 09:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Colorado lagged behind as prices dropped. But now, with prices finally down to around 3.38 for regular, we haven't seen the increases some other areas already have experienced.

But that's not tru of diesel. It has gone from upper 3.40s to 3.80 at most stations, although I caught a laggard last night and filled my nearly empty tank for 3.539.

dmatt

Ventura County, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/12 03:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stand by for the spike in gas prices again!! There was a fire at California's largest refinery that caused it to shut down. Prices have already jumped over $.10/gal and they say it will increase possibly by $.40/gal in the next week.

Sure glad I bought that Prius last week!!!

Don, Jackie and the Boyz
Madison, our loveable Austrailan Shepard
Our new to the clan baby Black Lab, Riley
O'Malley the Alley Cat
Fresno the rescued kitty

Our camping photos

LindsayRichards

Tavares, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/12 03:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You should have bought a Volt. As part owner of the company, I want to see them succeed. That won't be happening those as they are being rejected in mass. When the subsidies are gone, so will the resale values. Electricity prices for recharging are said to be skyrocketing. Our prices are back up to $3.60 and my truck is running of fumes.

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/12 03:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LindsayRichards wrote:

You should have bought a Volt. As part owner of the company, I want to see them succeed. That won't be happening those as they are being rejected in mass. When the subsidies are gone, so will the resale values. Electricity prices for recharging are said to be skyrocketing. Our prices are back up to $3.60 and my truck is running of fumes.

I see that the car battery firms are starting to fail. each electric car adds the equivalent of 1/3 of a house to the grid.
bumpy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 458  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS