RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: BT Cruiser fresh water drain

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

 > BT Cruiser fresh water drain

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
arklady

Arkansas

New Member

Joined: 08/23/2008

View Profile



Posted: 08/23/08 08:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2003 BT Cruiser, 23', 1 slide, 2 facing sofas. Fresh water tank is under passenger side sofa, and I cannot find the drain or water pump. Fresh water fill is just behind passenger door but no sign of drain anywhere on that side. Help, please!

Tonijim

MA

Senior Member

Joined: 04/12/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 08/25/08 02:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have an '03 BT #5270 (28 footer, single slide, rear bed). Our water pump and drain valves are under the bed as is the fresh water tank. Gulfstream had no clue when we first de-winterized (after factory winterizing), so you may have the same trouble with them. If I had to guess, it would be either near the fresh water tank or at the rear. Have you followed the sound of the water pump to locate it?If you get under the chassis, you can probably see the outflow tube - otherwise, look for three (probably white topped 1/2" drain valves).

Good luck.

Jim





williegbro

Augusta GA

New Member

Joined: 08/31/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/31/08 07:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

arklady wrote:

I have a 2003 BT Cruiser, 23', 1 slide, 2 facing sofas. Fresh water tank is under passenger side sofa, and I cannot find the drain or water pump. Fresh water fill is just behind passenger door but no sign of drain anywhere on that side. Help, please!


I have a 02 BT Cruiser, 22 ft. Facing the water tank, at the rear end feel around. It is a small, pinkie size lift up valve. Pull up on the T bar, and it will drain your tank. Also, on the rear outside storage space, driver side is TWO (2) of these valves to drain the lines. Pull up on the T bar. Water Pump is behind the rear of the fresh water tank. Lift the sofa, get on your knees, have someone turn on water with pump on, and you can hear the water pump. Good Luck

klhutch

Sububan Chicago

Senior Member

Joined: 09/14/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/01/08 07:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

williegbro wrote:

arklady wrote:

I have a 2003 BT Cruiser, 23', 1 slide, 2 facing sofas. Fresh water tank is under passenger side sofa, and I cannot find the drain or water pump. Fresh water fill is just behind passenger door but no sign of drain anywhere on that side. Help, please!


I have a 02 BT Cruiser, 22 ft. Facing the water tank, at the rear end feel around. It is a small, pinkie size lift up valve. Pull up on the T bar, and it will drain your tank. Also, on the rear outside storage space, driver side is TWO (2) of these valves to drain the lines. Pull up on the T bar. Water Pump is behind the rear of the fresh water tank. Lift the sofa, get on your knees, have someone turn on water with pump on, and you can hear the water pump. Good Luck


We had a 2004 5230 which might be what Arklady has except for the model year. Underneath the passenger side sofa at the front of the water tank was a "box" made from plywood paneling. It was screwed to the floor with a single screw at the front and to the wall at the top rear with one or two screws. It was flexible enough that if you removed just the front screw you could lift it up and work under it. Underneath it was the water pump and the tank drain. Like Williebro says it is a little black fitting that is screwed to the floor and it has a Tee shaped handle on top. Just lift up the handle and your fresh water tank will drain, slowly, very, very slowly. Also as he said in the "this is not a storage compartment" compartment on the outside, driver's side, just forward of the access panel for the black/gray dump valves there are two more of these little valves. These valves drain the rest of the system.

Ken

Sharon.Lee

MIchigan

New Member

Joined: 04/13/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/01/08 01:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2006 BT Cruiser 30 ft. My fresh water tank, pump and "T" pull up lever to empty the fresh water in under the bed, behind the the tank. I bit of a pain getting to as is getting to the pump to winterize it.
Didn't know about the 2 extra "T" valves to drain the system. I shall look for them.

williegbro

Augusta GA

New Member

Joined: 08/31/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/07/08 08:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

klhutch wrote:

williegbro wrote:

arklady wrote:

I have a 2003 BT Cruiser, 23', 1 slide, 2 facing sofas. Fresh water tank is under passenger side sofa, and I cannot find the drain or water pump. Fresh water fill is just behind passenger door but no sign of drain anywhere on that side. Help, please!


I have a 02 BT Cruiser, 22 ft. Facing the water tank, at the rear end feel around. It is a small, pinkie size lift up valve. Pull up on the T bar, and it will drain your tank. Also, on the rear outside storage space, driver side is TWO (2) of these valves to drain the lines. Pull up on the T bar. Water Pump is behind the rear of the fresh water tank. Lift the sofa, get on your knees, have someone turn on water with pump on, and you can hear the water pump. Good Luck


We had a 2004 5230 which might be what Arklady has except for the model year. Underneath the passenger side sofa at the front of the water tank was a "box" made from plywood paneling. It was screwed to the floor with a single screw at the front and to the wall at the top rear with one or two screws. It was flexible enough that if you removed just the front screw you could lift it up and work under it. Underneath it was the water pump and the tank drain. Like Williebro says it is a little black fitting that is screwed to the floor and it has a Tee shaped handle on top. Just lift up the handle and your fresh water tank will drain, slowly, very, very slowly. Also as he said in the "this is not a storage compartment" compartment on the outside, driver's side, just forward of the access panel for the black/gray dump valves there are two more of these little valves. These valves drain the rest of the system.

Ken


williegbro

Augusta GA

New Member

Joined: 08/31/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/07/08 08:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On my 02, 22 ft BT Cruiser. The water line drain valves, hot and cold, is in the rear driver side storage compartment. The compartment is just ahead of the dump valves door. Up against the outside wall. Just feel around, you can find them. Seems like Gulf Stream kind of stuck them anywhere. Hope this helps The fresh water tank valve really do drain the water SLOW.

Jpjlauer

ELKHART, IN

Senior Member

Joined: 06/28/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/12/08 11:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2006 BTCruiser 5290.
Fresh water drain valve is inside the rear storage box on the drivers side.
The drains for the plumbing are in the bedroom under the middle bottom drawer. You have to remove the drawer to access the drains.
And while I'm at it, the hot water by-pass valve is behind the left bottom door next to the above drawer.


Jim Lauer
2006 BTCruiser
2007 CRV tow

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

 > BT Cruiser fresh water drain
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS