RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Update on the permanent bath in the Roadtrek 190.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Update on the permanent bath in the Roadtrek 190.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
My Roadtrek

Tucson, AZ.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/11/08 05:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

booster wrote:

It sure does seem that Roadtrek is drifting away from the advantage they had on storage space. The power sofa and furnace move cost a bunch of space, and this sounds like it could really put a dent in what was left. The 2007 we are getting has the power sofa and moved heater, but in reality, we would have preferred the old loose cushions and bigger armoir of the earlier 2007's.

The must feel that the more "open" feel that other manufacturers are offerring is the way to more sales, even if it costs space. We don't agree, but we don't get a vote.

The bath is just an option if someone wants it. I think the more options the better. [emoticon]

booster

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/08 05:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I absolutely agree on that one, Rodger, I just hope they don't decide to drop the original designs if a lot of the sales move over to the new style. The major reason we chose Roadtrek was the space saving bathroom design and more storage than the "other" guys.

My Roadtrek

Tucson, AZ.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/11/08 05:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why did you get the power sofa, instead of the two single beds/king?

My Roadtrek

Tucson, AZ.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/11/08 05:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the photos, and I will try and get them posted tonight sometime.

JoeRT04

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/11/08 06:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you Rodger.

I will take an awful lot to get me away from the aisle shower design. I think it makes the best sense of them all. The best of both worlds.

Having the storage and the large bathroom area is best for me. Having more options is a good thing (as you mentioned). One design isn't for everyone for sure.

2015 Class B Roadtrek Zion

booster

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/08 06:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We wound up with the power sofa because it was in the unit we could get a good price on, a leftover 2007 that we just bought now. Since we won't be doing any long trips until we both get retired in a couple years, we figured that the power couch would be nice for now, as we would be not having to carry very much for short jaunts. My guess is that when we go for real, we would leave the bed made up all the time, so if we do need more space under it for stuff, I will be able to remove the mechanism and get back to about the same space as there would be with the loose cushions.

It is interesting that the dealer we got it from sells almost no 190 or 170 models (that's why ours was available). He says his business is almost completely 210's, with most folks saying they want the enclosed bath.

My Roadtrek

Tucson, AZ.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/11/08 08:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

booster

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/08 08:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rodger,

Did they move the monitor panel?

My Roadtrek

Tucson, AZ.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/11/08 08:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sure they did, but to where I have no idea. Maybe over to left of where it use to be.[emoticon]

Me&Ma

NW Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/11/08 11:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for posting the pictures, Rodger. I am really looking forward to seeing this modification. We're still looking for that "close to perfect" [emoticon] motorhome and this may be it. The 190P is my favorite combination of size, handling, and interior comforts. If the enclosed bath feels usable, we may have to put one on order.

We came close to ordering one last year about this time, but having the aisle blocked (and the kitchen unusable) whenever someone was using the bathroom caused us to pull the plug on the deal. At our ages the bathroom gets plenty of use, so someone would frequently be trapped on one end of the RV or the other.

From the pictures, it looks like the side entrance has better access: the seat base used to extend into the doorway. That would be a nice improvement. Also, although your losing the glass-fronted TV components cabinet, your gaining a full overhead cabinet, so it's not a total loss. There is a nice feel of open space in the midsection. Really looking forward to seeing one now[emoticon].

07/08 Roadtrek 190P

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Update on the permanent bath in the Roadtrek 190.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS