|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing with Disabilities and Ge...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
jfbryant

Sequim

View Profile

Posted: 10/03/08 09:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We need a lift that assists/lifts a person who is not in a wheel chair but has difficult climbing the five steps into the RV.

PapPappy

Wilmington, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/03/08 09:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

check out this site....it may be what you are looking for.

Check this site

I don't know anything about it, other than what it showed on the website. I did a Google search for "RV lift"

good Luck

Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008 FMCA# F407293
The Pets

Gary Franks

Fulltimer from Newport Beach, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/03/08 11:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The only solution that I ever found was the Lectra Aid. I did a lot of homework on this issue and I came close to buying one and having it installed, but I never got around to it.

In the meantime, my mother's Alzheimer's Disease progressed to the point that I couldn't count on her to sit still in the seat while I maneuvered her up and through the door. I ended up using a wheelchair ramp that enables me to roll her companion chair from the ground all the way up to the floor level inside the coach. Thank goodness that I had the foresight to buy one of the very few diesel pushers with a mid-entry door. This couldn't be done with a front-entry coach.

Do you have a mid-entry door? Do you have steps inside, above the threshold? Do you need a solution that is intended for self-use or with assistance?

'05 Fleetwood Bounder Diesel 39Z | Datastorm F2 Satellite Internet | Toad1: '03 Lincoln Town Car | Toad2: '08 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4WD

javaseuf

California's Gold Coast

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/08 08:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check out THIS SITE.
The have sitting lifts as well as standing lifts and just about every other type.

Gary Franks

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/05/08 11:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

javaseuf, I'm glad that you posted the Star Track site. I had researched that company's products four years ago and I couldn't remember the name. They have a lot of more products now than they did back then. As I recall from my research back then, I would have to have taken my coach to Indiana for them to install something where Lecta Aid uses local installers (I visited an top installer in Long Beach, California).

javaseuf

California's Gold Coast

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/08 12:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gary Franks wrote:

javaseuf, I'm glad that you posted the Star Track site. I had researched that company's products four years ago and I couldn't remember the name. They have a lot of more products now than they did back then. As I recall from my research back then, I would have to have taken my coach to Indiana for them to install something where Lecta Aid uses local installers (I visited an top installer in Long Beach, California).

Who was the dealer in Long Beach? We bought our Chrysler van handicap conversion from Mac's Lift Gate, a great dealer in Long Beach.

reluyog

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/08 04:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I put one of the Burr Actuators on our 5th wheel. I adapted it for wheelchair use, although altering it's form is not recommended by the manufacturer.

Damian
1983 KW W900, 3406B Cat, RTO15, 355's
1995 Carriage by Carriage triple axle 22K

Dianne and Tom

New Bern,NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/08 06:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

reluyog wrote:

I put one of the Burr Actuators on our 5th wheel. I adapted it for wheelchair use, although altering it's form is not recommended by the manufacturer.

Thanks,this looks just like what we need! I had back surgery last year,and both knees need replacing but putting it off as long as possible.Going up and down the steps is very painful to me and to dh who has arthritis.

Dianne

2006 Chevy 2500 Duramax
2010 Cameo 35SB3

Gary Franks

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/08 02:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

javaseuf wrote:

Gary Franks wrote:

...Lecta Aid uses local installers (I visited a top installer in Long Beach, California).

Who was the dealer in Long Beach? We bought our Chrysler van handicap conversion from Mac's Lift Gate, a great dealer in Long Beach.

Yes, that's the dealer I visited. Very nice people.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing with Disabilities and Ge...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS