|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> winterizing keystone fuzion

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
ibavamarine

Shenandoah Valley, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/08 04:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone used the "wet" winterizing method on a keystone fuzion? If so, how many gallons of antifreeze did it take to fill the fresh water holding tank to the minimum for the pump to capture it and pump through the lines? I have tried 2 gallons so far....no luck.

ibavamarine
Shenandoah Valley, Va
"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time,"
Chesty Puller

Kejsj30

Eagle, Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/08 04:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think most will drain the system using the low point drains, bypass the water heater, then pump right from the bottle and run all faucets, toilet, outside shower etc., untill pink comes out.

I put the pink stuff into a tank in my boat once, big mistake! It took about an entire season to get rid of the smell.

2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
2008 Keystone Raptor 3712TS

Y-Guy

Tri-Cities, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/08 05:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ibavamarine - on most RVs you'll find a way to bypass the water heater, otherwise you are filling it with the pink stuff too. Generally 2 gallons is more then enough. I usually take my rigs in and out of storage in the winter as we keep camping. I buy 3 gallons, use 1 gallon each time. I blow the lines first then use the water heater bypass and add pink stuff - if I even use it.

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited

1100Sabre

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/08 06:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You do not want to put the pink in your fresh tank or water heater. It will take 2 seasons to get the smell and taste out. My inlaws filled the hot water heater with pink once and got some also in the fresh tank.

2009 4X4 Chevrolet Duramax/Allison 3500HD Crew Cab DRW
2007 Sportsman Sportster KZ 33P Toy Hauler
"It's not the destination, it's the journey."

lesn8r

New Hampshire

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/08 06:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have an '08 raptor 3612ds that uses about 1.5 gallons. this is with the lines blown out and the water heater bypassed.

ibavamarine

Shenandoah Valley, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/08 06:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey thanks everyone! After dumping 4 gallons of antireeze into the fresh water tank and still not getting anything out of the faucets, I decided it was time to find the pump and pump straight from there. I found it under the galley sink behind a panel. I read thread where someone used the shower hose to hook to the pump and inserted the other end into the antifreeze container, which worked great!! Only took about 1 1/2 gallons.

Although we do not use the fresh water tank for consuming, accoring to the responses, it seems I need to flush the fresh water tank well in the spring to rid the smell,; before running any fluid from the fresh tank into the hot water heater. I would say diluted bleach would do??

WhitehouseLV

Big Sky State

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/08 05:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

buy yourself a winterizing kit. It is simple and makes it very easy to winterize. I've winterized mine twice so far mostly because we get teen temps one week and then 50's the next. I don't want to take any chances and it only takes 15 min. Also some take remove the washer & filter/screen where outside water connection and push the check valve in. Should get some water to come out. just make sure your not under pressure when pushing that check valve or otherwise you will ruin it.

Traveling Whitehouse
2009 Keystone Raptor 380LEV
2008 Ford F350 LB CC DRW 4x4
2012 Polaris RZR Boardwalk Blue LE w/EPS
Motorcycles: 07 Honda CRF450X, 2013 Honda CRF80, 08 Honda CRF50
Quads: 07 Honda Rincon, 2010 Pink Polaris 50

lesn8r

New Hampshire

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/08 07:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use this kit from camping world. I attached it to the pump and it lets me siphon antifreeze from the bottle.

siphon kit

Ran

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/08 05:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ibavamarine wrote:

Hey thanks everyone! After dumping 4 gallons of antireeze into the fresh water tank and still not getting anything out of the faucets, I decided it was time to find the pump and pump straight from there. I found it under the galley sink behind a panel. I read thread where someone used the shower hose to hook to the pump and inserted the other end into the antifreeze container, which worked great!! Only took about 1 1/2 gallons.

Although we do not use the fresh water tank for consuming, accoring to the responses, it seems I need to flush the fresh water tank well in the spring to rid the smell,; before running any fluid from the fresh tank into the hot water heater. I would say diluted bleach would do??

I've always poured a couple of capfuls of bleach into the fresh water tank each spring, then run 15 or 20 gallons of water into the tank as well. Next, to stir up the mixture, I'll hook-up to the truck and drive a couple of miles. After that, I run the bleached water through all the fixtures and leave it in the lines for a day or so.

I then drain the fresh water tank and refill with water from the hose. Like you, we don't use the water from the tank for consumption; we use it only to bathe and do dishes, etc.

After 14 years of RVing, this procedure has served us well.

Randy & Sue
2008 Tuscany 4072
All Lower 48 visited

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> winterizing keystone fuzion
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS