|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Komfort Wiring Diagram

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
Joe Sales

West Coast Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/08 02:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am trying to find a technical wiring diagram for my 2004 Komfort T.T.

The one in the owner's manual is too general and does not show detail.

Specifically, I am looking for the circuitry for an additional black wire connected to the positive terminal of my battery...This is in addition to the brake cct. black wire.

I have tried to trace the wire and it does not go through the fuse panel. It connects to some component under the trailer...maybe a diode?...from there is disappears up into the trailer.

This lead is draining my batteries even though I have pulled the Battery Disconnect Switch.

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe Sales

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/08 04:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would check for a DC wired smoke detector or LP detector.

Bud
USAF Retired
Suzuki XL7 pushing Pace Arrow

Phils

Cherokee, CA

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/08 04:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The only time I've seen a wire NOT going through the fuses was on my last fiver for the landing legs, and you posted in the TT forum so I'm ruling that out.

enblethen's idea makes sense but only if there is an inline fuse somewhere farther on that wire, as there was on my fiver's landing leg wire.

I would suggest cutting the wire and putting an inline fuse in it, but after cutting it find out what ISN'T working.

Phil

'03 F250 7.3 deezle and '01 Komfort 27FS
Off the grid and outta sight at home
Go camping to have neighbors and amenities

coolbreeze01

Redding, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/08 06:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good luck and let us know when you figure it out.

2008 Dodge 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/08 05:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Joe,

That mystery wire just might be your emergency breakaway feed, this wire should connect directly to the battery. There should be a connection box near the tongue of your trailer where the TV to TT cord goes into. There should be a circuit breaker in or near that connection, that is where this wire should go. The electric brake wire should be a blue wire in the harness.

Check your breakaway switch, it could be activated or shorted. If the switch is bad you can buy a replacement for $12-$15.

You can take a look at a document I have been working on that might be helpful MY RV HINTS AND TIPS LINK

Joe Sales

West Coast Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/08 11:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have found the brake breakaway wiring...it is seperate from this mystery wire.

After sleeping on it I wonder if it could be the battery charging wire from the internal battery charger/inverter that is used when plugged into 120 volts. I think there is a diode in the circuit...maybe it is fried.

LarryJM

NoVa

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/08 12:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Joe Sales wrote:

I am trying to find a technical wiring diagram for my 2004 Komfort T.T.

The one in the owner's manual is too general and does not show detail.

Specifically, I am looking for the circuitry for an additional black wire connected to the positive terminal of my battery...This is in addition to the brake cct. black wire.

I have tried to trace the wire and it does not go through the fuse panel. It connects to some component under the trailer...maybe a diode?...from there is disappears up into the trailer.

This lead is draining my batteries even though I have pulled the Battery Disconnect Switch.

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe Sales

Does that "thingee" under the trailer you surmised might be a diode look like the following

Larry

2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

LarryJM

NoVa

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/08 12:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Joe Sales wrote:

Yes..... it looks like the bottom one...smaller. It has my mystery wire from the battery on the left terminal and another black wire on the right..disappearing up into trailer.

Joe

Those are ckt breakers which are just under the front bottom of the trailer near the battery and act sort of like a fusable link to protect everything down stream. If you have a slide remove the wire disappearing into the trailer from that and see if your slide works. Mine were so rusted/bad I simply replaced them and had to destroy them to get the lugs off of them and then coated them with Scotchkote. On the side of them should be a rating for the amperage and they are self reseting.

After:

Larry

Joe Sales

West Coast Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/08 12:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will pull it off and have a look. Not sure why they cause battery drain.

Joe

Joe Sales

West Coast Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/08 12:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes..... it looks like the bottom one...smaller. It has my mystery wire from the battery on the left terminal and another black wire on the right..disappearing up into trailer.

Joe

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Komfort Wiring Diagram
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS