Open Roads Forum

Print  |  Close

Topic: Fleetwood Terry, Lite weight trailer

Posted By: mrasoul on 11/26/08 07:54pm

If you have had a Fleetwoood trailer or specifically a Terry Lite weight model, please let me know what you think of its quality. I am also interested in their Pegasus model 240FQS as well. Please be open to share on all the Pros and Cons that you have experienced with. Thanks,

2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe and 2005 Dodge RAM 1500, 4.7 V8 Magnum (Reg. Cab).

Happy RVing!!!

Posted By: downtheroad on 11/26/08 08:05pm

Previously we had a 26 ft. Fleetwood Prowler ultra-lite...sister model to the Terry.
We camped a lot with it and it served us very well. We towed it with an Expedition.
My wife liked it a lot and wanted to keep it, but I got the new trailer bug and...

Here is a picture. I added the front window.

* This post was edited 11/26/08 08:16pm by downtheroad *

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

GMC Duramax LBZ
Komfort
Reese Dual Cam HP

Posted By: Curly2001 on 11/26/08 11:07pm

I have a Terry 25Y rear kitchen. Does a good job for the money and pulls well. It is a mid-level trailer for quality and could have been built a little better. One major issue now with the toilet. They cut the hole in the floor too large and the screws for the flange on the toilet pulled out. They also did not support the toilet well so it cracked the flange off the tube to the black water tank. I am investigating how to repair this for long term.
Curly

2007 Chev. 2500HD, 6.0, 4:10 diffs, six speed auto
2013 Heartland Sundance XLT 265RK

Posted By: mogman on 11/26/08 11:22pm

I have a Pegasus 210FQ.Ultra-Lite. The only trouble I had was the tires on the left side rubbed on the inside of the wheel well. Fleetwood replaced the axles under warranty.. Just returned from a 7000 mile trip to Florida. No issues at all. The fit and finish is in line with a low priced ultra-lite trailer, but it suits me just fine. Very happy with it.I had a Fleetwood Mallard 17ft. before but traded it in because the rear bunk was too awkward for my wife to use.

'11 Ford E350 extended SD. 6.8 V10 3.73
'12 Lance 1685

Posted By: 6MISFITZ on 11/27/08 08:22am

2001 Terry Dakota 19B hybrid is what we had before our current TT.
It was small but it stood up well to our family of 6 (and was much more comfortable with more amenities than our previous tent), so we had no issues going with another Fleetwood trailer.

Mike.

Mom, Dad, 4 kids, 2 Camping Dogs
Express 2500 LS (135"WB) 6.0L, 4.10, G80, PYO wheels, HENSLEY & McKesh
--------------------
MISFITZ RACING
MFCC Member
Rallies Attended 4, 7 Un-Rallies

Posted By: lovemountains on 11/27/08 08:35am

We like our 2005 Terry Lite 250Q. We purchased it slightly used three years ago and haven't had any major issues with it. We'll soon be towing it 1500 miles to Florida (round trip) for the third time. We've taken it to SW Missouri and to northern Ohio from North Carolina as well as a lot of nearby camping.

Print  |  Close