RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: OutfitterTripReport-Search for St.Alfonso's Pancake Breakfast

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> OutfitterTripReport-Search for St.Alfonso's Pancake Breakfast

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
magic43

Brookhaven, Ms.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/09 08:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As usual, great trip and great pictures.....Thanks for sharing.

magic43

BradW

Mayor of Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/09 08:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know, but those might just be the best group of photos ever posted on the truck camper forum. Very nice photography. Thanks for posting.

Brad

Wake Up America
1996 Lance 500 and 2006 F-350 PSD 4X4 DRW
Our Truck Camper Photos

ORbiker

Eugene, Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/09 08:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

W O W
That was GREAT.

Where do I send the money for the map?
I'm ready to go.

I (2-10-05) bought a 2002 F350 CC SWD PSD and a new 2003 Citation 10'8. Rancho 9000X, Superhitch, Wave 3 & Toyo M55's or Toyo 19.5's. I have been a tent camper all my life. I wanted more comfort while camping and doing my Crater Lake Ski Patrol duties.

btggraphix

Golden, CO

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/09 09:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

whazoo wrote:

btggraphix wrote:

Nice report as always.

One problem though:
"We were right as we watched one cowboy in a dually 4wheel flat bed WITH chains literally fight his way towards us, having already been to the end of the road 8 miles away."

Come on now, I have always heard here, and therefore that it is the truth, that all ranchers know duallies are terrible off road, in snow, on the ranch or anywehere else other than pavement which is why they all drive SRW. How could they have made it to the end of the road AND breaking trail? And wait, there's more: you both had chains on? We all know if you need chains, you should be at home!

Good work Whazoo!

Funny you say that BTG, and maybe you should tell this guy how screwed up he is, since you're the expert. He was as cowboy as you get, WITH Colorado plates. Kept popping his lower dentures out as we talked. Had stakesides with a big ol utility atv on the flatbed. Talked about getting buried to the axles in the snow and was the real reason we didn't "fight" to get where I wanted to go. If we hadn't met him I might still be there, waiting for spring! And no...I didn't have chains on. Didn't use them till I slid off road, twice, and that was enough for me. Besides, had I stayed home we wouldn't have had a great great time. That was the point!

Now you know I'm teasing whazoo...I am ALWAYS in favor of being out there and doing it, regardless of what you have and all the rest. More is how you use your equipment than what you have. You won't evert catch me busting someones chops for giving things a shot while everyone else is sitting in their armchair telling you what a fool you are, you can't do that etc. Well, I guess there's always the 40' 5th wheel trying to take on Engineer Pass or something, but you know what I mean. More power to you, and anyone else who challenges "common sense" from time to time.

Funny 'bout the Colorado plate. I remember hearing the Wyoming 'inside' joke when I lived there for a winter:

How do you tell when it's spring time in Wyoming?
When the plates start turning green! (as in all the CO plates showing up.)

2006 LanceMax 1191 - loaded and well-used
2005 C4500/Kodiak 4x4, GVWR 17,500

whazoo

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/09 09:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

btggraphix wrote:

Now you know I'm teasing whazoo...I am ALWAYS in favor of being out there and doing it, regardless of what you have and all the rest. More is how you use your equipment than what you have. You won't evert catch me busting someones chops for giving things a shot while everyone else is sitting in their armchair telling you what a fool you are, you can't do that etc. Well, I guess there's always the 40' 5th wheel trying to take on Engineer Pass or something, but you know what I mean. More power to you, and anyone else who challenges "common sense" from time to time.

Funny 'bout the Colorado plate. I remember hearing the Wyoming 'inside' joke when I lived there for a winter:

How do you tell when it's spring time in Wyoming?
When the plates start turning green! (as in all the CO plates showing up.)

Aw man, I was just about to delete my own post before you read that. I read to much into things sometimes and shoulda kept quiet, I apologize. I was hoping you were yankin my "chains."
And funny, all the plates in Arizona right now are from Michigan. Thought I'd moved or something.

* This post was edited 01/07/09 09:41pm by whazoo *

Windwalker55

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/09 09:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That really was a fantastic post Dave. What a trip. I have also been to Muley Point and hiked Grand Gulch and Road Canyon in the area. It is hard to beat that part of Utah.
Thanks so much for the post, it makes me drool. I am returning there in the spring.
Larry

2007 Kodiak 160 Hybrid
"The mountains are calling and I must go." John Muir
My Blog

BENT ARROW

CO.

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/09 10:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope you know you could frame some of these pictures and sell them in Moab. Do a photo book of the Southwest. Great pictures.
If I could talk my wife into going this time of year the only picture I would get is the back of my truck as she leaves me there.

Bent Arrow
99 PACE ARROW 35'
Chevy 4x4
4 Wheel Pop-Up
S10 Blazer ZR-2
ATVs
Red Polaris 500HO
Yellow Polaris 500HO
Orange Polaris 850XP LE

c.traveler2

Moreno Valley,Ca.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/09 11:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fantastic photos and report, I think I'm coming down with Whazooidus ( a itchy condition of ones feet after read a trip report by Whazoo). This has to be the best trip report you have done

2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/LB/camper pkg..Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports

BirdSongPlace

San Diego County, CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/09 11:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

St. Alfonso's Pancake Breakfast

Where I stole the mar-juh-reen . . .

CLASSIC!

Your photos were absolutely out of this world! Thanks for posting them.

2000 Ford F350
2004 Adventurer

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/09 02:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Beautiful trip report.
Your picture taking is spot on.
Don't eat the yellow snow.
Do you know what the tower in the picture near the end was for?

Jeff

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> OutfitterTripReport-Search for St.Alfonso's Pancake Breakfast
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: