|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> SC-11100 Microwave/Convection Oven

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Wild Goose

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/09 12:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Woke up to a beeping microwave oven. Panel partially lit but unresponsive except beeps when button pressed. Pulling the plug, waiting, and re-inserting doesn't help. I've seen on the internet that others have had this same issue with the Sylvania SC-11100.

It's a cabinet mount in a Weekend Warrior. Has a vent over the oven and mounting screws in the face plate. Kind of disappointed it's just over a year old thus barely out of warranty. Household microwaves last for years! What model microwave/convection have others replaced theirs with? Other then the face plate screws, is there anything else I need to be concerned with? It's mounted in the cabinet under the propane stove. The power cord is run through the cabinet to an outlet under the sink.

I've never used the convection functionality but want to replace with the same functionality!

I've thought about trying to fix it, since the panel is partially lit, and the keys beep when pressed indicating the processor is still working but might be a cold solder joint for the membrane keyboard.

sailor53

Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/09 01:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've got the same microwave/convection oven in our rig. It didn't last more than 20 days camping. Fortunately, it is still under warranty and Keystone is sending another one. I almost hope they send a simular one instead. Wish me luck.

DW Barbara for 15 yrs
08 Ford F350 Lariat, PSD 6.4L, Ext Cab, 4X4, Line-X, DrawTite Signature 18K hitch, RDS 40 gal. Tank/Tool Box Combo, Mor/ryde RS suspension, Garmin Nuvi 465T GPS
09 Montana 3000RK, Mor/Ryde suspension/pinbox, Spendide 2100XC W/D

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/09 03:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One thing to watch out for on Microwaves is two letters LG as in Lucky Goldstar

I"ve dealt with 2 of them personally and a few others impersonally and some other LG hardware both ways here is my history with LG

Computer monitors.. Store I worked in sold 'em (I did not buy one) had the higest return under warranty of any item in the store, More than 2x likely to come back for repair

Microwave: The only home microwave I have ever seen without a START button. Open door, put in bag, twist knob, when corn stopps popping take out bag, close door and walk away, This was in the office where I worked, thankfully 1: I was not working at the time (Different shift) and 2: a quick thinking employee was walking by a few minutes later and grabbed the fire extinguisher before the building caught fire.. yes, it tried to set the place afire.

Microwave: My motor home: Never worked right.. They fixed the no-start button issue (added one) but it had other issues, I finally modified one part, and replaced another with a GE part that was compatible (But worked better) and now it works like it should.. But if I'd have had to pay for the labor it would have been cost prohibitive to fix it.

VCR: Zenith is not a LG product.. Since I do not have the needed tool to adjust it and the tool costs more than the VCR, and labor does as well, it went in the trash, A panasonic replaced it, works great.

AVOID LG

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

Jimfromvirginia

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/09 10:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have this oven as well. Fortunately we love it, but we do not have owners manual. Does anybody have the owners manual? Google search has not worked. Send me an email or post a link.

2008 Keystome Montana towed by 2003 Ford F350 4x4 Diesel

Wild Goose

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/09 01:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't have a PDF just the printed manual!

Recap on my microwave, feeling lazy I merely put a switchbox between it and where it plugs into the wall. Turn it off when not in use. It's a bandaid but it works without a stray beep or panel failure! Because of a dumb programmer I have to clear it everytime I turn it on but that's all!

huskyjack

Reseda, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/08/09 04:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wild Goose, The microwave/convection in our motorhome lasted about 3 years then wouldn't work at all.. Tried some of the RV places for a replacement but price was way out there. Finally found a GE microwave ( no convection) at Lowes for $ 79 that was the correct size so I could use the mounting from my old one. If yours vents out the top you'll need to take off the metal venting from your old one and screw it on the new one. Most microwaves vent out the back so you need to change it so it vents from the front top.

Hope this helps..

Jack

Jack

fishinggirl29

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/10 09:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wild Goose, we are having this same problem.. How did you clear the beeping?

Wild Goose

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/10 09:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I didn't. Well actually I bandaid'd it.

I plugged a small switchbox between the microwave and the outlet. I turn off the switchbox when microwave not in use. Occasionally I forget and a day or two later I'll hear the beep and digit '1' on screen. Indicating like a '1' was pressed. One '1' for each beep.

Solution is simple, and I don't need to climb under the sink to plug-unplug the microwave.

Cancel doesn't always clear the '1's but turning off power waiting a few minutes then powering back up fixes the problem enough to set and start a cook operation.

fishinggirl29

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/10 09:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you, unplugging ours doesn't seem to clear anything but we will try again. Ours seems to think that the clocks needs set, always has the little word clock at the top and then beeps if you touch any of the buttons. I have a feeling the whole thing needs replaced

Jimfromvirginia

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/09 02:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife thinks there should be a way to disable the turntable. Her large pots do not work in there while on Convection oven because of the turn table. Is there a code or something to turn this off and on?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> SC-11100 Microwave/Convection Oven
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS