|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TC travels, Az, Hawaii, Nova Scotia, * 2013 TR, Pg 531

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 897  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/12 09:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks...My old body doesn't like meds... stilll sick at stomach most of time.... black asnd blacker all over...

And had PT starting at 12:45 today, 20 minute break then OT... finishing at 4;20....

THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE HERE ODER THAN ME....

but I'll be t that I'm beat-up as bad as any of them

2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

weymard

NORMANDY

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/12 02:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm worried for you Sleepy, but you know that chemicals are always tiring and unpleasant for our bodies, be patient. My best thought.

FORD F250 LARIAT 4X4 DIESEL 2008
Lance 815 2007
France, Normandy

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/12 06:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

weymard wrote:

I'm worried for you Sleepy, but you know that chemicals are always tiring and unpleasant for our bodies, be patient. My best thought.

Thank you, I'm worried too!

This is a lot worse than I'd been told... I've ha a hard time. Allergicc to meds... throwing up, even water... food not even a dream... swelling to the point its acting like a toruniquet... PT less successful as we go along... New plans starting in the morning... will report when i feel better

I'm in rehab hosp

Chet

big whitey

raleigh,nc

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/12 07:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sleepy wrote:

weymard wrote:

Thank you, I'm worried too!

This is a lot worse than I'd been told... I've ha a hard time. Allergicc to meds... throwing up, even water... food not even a dream... swelling to the point its acting like a toruniquet... PT less successful as we go along... New plans starting in the morning... will report when i feel better

I'm in rehab hosp

Chet

my dad had the same surgery and he did not do well either.from his experience i will offer up a bit of free advice: WORK VERY VERY HARD IN REHAB AND PT as that more than anything else will ultimately determine the success or failure of your surgery.

hopefully you will get your allergies under control and get on with the business of REHABING that knee.

good luck
Van

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/12 10:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Van...

I have the room as cold as I can get it....

I worked as hard as I've ever worked today....
2 sessions... 4.5 hours total.

The meds seem to be the culprit.

I kind of dread the weekend... I get a little break... but will I lose ground?

Chet

I had to make myself check email and the forum.... and thats not at all like me.

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/12 11:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow Sleepy! That was a fast segue. One posting you’re in Florida and the next recovering from your surgery. I knew you had the knee replacement on your list of things to do and it appears it’s now done. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with medications but I take it that is a temporary situation as you won’t need them as you get further along in recovery. My mother had both knees replaced years ago and several years apart. She went through terrible pain but staid on her PT schedule and did as she was told. We kids did a lot of at home PT for her and the result was amazing. She had injured her knees when she was young in the 40’s skiing. She lived with knee pain for the middle 30 years of her life until the medical technology came about to replace the knees. After lots of exercising and stretching, she made a wonderful recovery. She walked nearly perfectly after years of worsening hobbled walking trying to give favor to knee pain. You are not having any fun now I’m sure but in a couple months this will be behind you and will be back out doing the things you guys love to do again. Best wishes for a quick recovery.
J&K

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!

A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

dakonthemountain

Crestline, California

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/12 11:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery and rapid escape from the rehab facility to home ! The good thing is that the road will still be there to travel when you are ready!

Dak

2007 Lance 1055 and Calvin, the 1996 creampuff Chev Silverado 3500 extended cab dually
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

Lynnsr

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/12 11:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sleepy;

-2 friends with knee replacements, one seemed to go really well, one had a lot of problems.

In both cases they work their rehab very hard and are now happy with there knees.

Best wishes

Lynn SR

K0LFM Call Sign
Northern Lite 8-11 Q Classic SE
Pro-Craft 180 Bass boat
2003 GMC Sierra 2500, SuperSprings, Torklifts & Fastguns, Ride-Rites w/dual Control, Helwig rear sway bar, "E" rated 16" 10 ply Michelins, Heavy Duty Pads & Rotors

Dome

Southwest Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/12 12:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a double knee job with really great out come. One thing to know is that they are not your original equipment, they are not going to be the same. Being three years sense my replacement, I've had time to adjust to the new knees. After you get over the first few weeks, things should get better for you. You got to work at it, do all the stuff they ask you to do. It will all work out for you. Just don't over do, over doing can cause swelling. Good luck, hoping you have a great recovery.

Steve

* This post was edited 07/14/12 02:57pm by Dome *

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/12 01:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the support...

I'm still at the point where "Friends don't let friends do this...."

Update from my July 3rd surgery

One step forward, two steps back.

Finally keeping food down with the help of strongest nausea pill...

A lot of swelling, pain.... was bending to 92 degrees.... lost back to 80.... with ropes, pully's, a tractor, and dynamite got to 88 degrees yesterday.... once

Going stir crazy.... we are going to try to break out for a few hours sunday. I want to go home and lay on MY bed for a couple of hours.

I usually feel too bad for computer... I'm up changing ice packs and getting meds, decided to check in....

Thanks for your support if you even knew I needed it.... or have a little extra to loan

Janet is worn to a frazzel taking care of me in the rehab hospital... TG for her

Chet

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 897  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TC travels, Az, Hawaii, Nova Scotia, * 2013 TR, Pg 531
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS