|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TC travels, Az, Hawaii, Nova Scotia, * 2013 TR, Pg 531

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 896  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/11 05:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been in Hawaii this evening... at least on these pages... beats the cold rains outside.

Brad W set the TC forum up perfectly.... the trip reports and the TC University allow us to search for specifics instead of being lumped into one thread where specifics can't be found again..

I need to follow his lead!

2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/11 07:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The area where we live is nice... we moved here in 1974 because it is beautiful, has a lot of recreational areas... lakes rivers, mountains, and the National Lab creates an atmosphere that we wanted our kids to be exposed to educationally.

We are about an hour from the Smokey Mountain National Park and 10 minutes from the Cumberland Mountains.

In the following pictures we are crossing the hill where we live to Oliver Springs a few miles away and at the base of the mountain.

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/11 07:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A lot of TC owners cross here on their way to the parks or the 4x4 off road trails...

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/11 07:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We live at 822' elevation... the hill we are on is about 1200'... the mountain in front of us is about 3000' to 3500'

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/11 07:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Koldad, Going this Way, Bigfoot Ford, Cap't PJ,and Brad W already know about the Cumberlands... if you get in our area we'd be proud to show you around.

1stgenfarmboy

Southern tip of ILL

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/11 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's great to see you two out and about, the TC always makes you feel better, or it does me.

GOD speed my friend.

Darwin

1993 Dodge cummins crankin out some torque,
2003 Lance 1071 loaded to the hilt

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/11 07:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anytime we have visiters we take them into the Cumberland Mountains... most often they are friends with truck campers...

We usually do a a big loop through the mountains starting with Frozen Head State Park... Wartburg, TN, and lunch at Lilly Bridge overlook.... then on to Jamestown Winery, Sgt Yorks Homeplace at Pall Mall, the natural Arches at Picket State Park, Big South Fork National Forest and back to Oak Ridge.

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/11 07:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In this picture we are having lunch on the Lilly Bridge overlook over Clear Creek, part of the National Wild and Scenic River... Obed watershed.

These folks are from California... I think they were surprised at our mountains.

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/11 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is the view from the overlook... I took the picture on a different trip to the area....

Those are Kayaks that you see in the river... they run the rapids downriver in the winter time when there is plenty of water.

Just below where we are having lunch in the picture above there are rock climbers... sheer cliffs, 400 feet high and higher... people come from all over the world to climb them.... or to rapel from up here.

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/11 10:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The very good trip reports that others are doing on the truck camper forum are causing me to rethink my future reports... incorporating the best of the others into our next one. I emailed subconsultings video to some of my non-tc friends"

This video was done by truck camper friends from England... they flew to Africa and rented a very basic camper for travel in the saraha Desert

It has very good video... the colors, the animals, every thing.... very nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh6593_xdbc&feature=youtu.be

Maybe it is time for me to do trip reports in a more advanced way.... stills with narration and high quality videos with good editing and a little narration to keep the story line going.

My newest camera has a lot of features that I don't use (like the fancy telephones)... it does movies, and even 3D but I have nothing to watch it on.

I'd like to hear your comments on Steves video.

Chet

Comments recieved:

I think the video is pretty awesome. There are cameras out now that compensate for shooter motion too. That would give you a far better picture while bouncing down the road and is fairly effective if you are walking slowly. I think the camper was a bit small, but it is Africa and I don't think taking one of the really expensive touring buses around would be a good idea. Loved the Dung Beetles in any event and the lioness was pretty damned cool in any measure. I think had he used a polarizor on the lens his pictures would have been a bit criper and not so bright. Having shot in the desert of Cali using a K1000 you could see a vast difference in the picture quality. I can only imagine it would do the same for motion pictures. All in all, the video was very cool, edited well and not too long. Sounds like you would have a good time doing it, if you could get James Earl Jones to do the voice over you might have an award winning video!

Have a good one Chet!!

Dave

And "Hansford" wrote, " Ienjoyed the video. I also liked the stillness--commentary is nice, but in this case, the video spoke for itself.

Subconsultings post is very good... Click here for another peek at his trip report!

Thanks Steve and Sally... you have added a new dimension to our reports.

Sleepy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 896  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TC travels, Az, Hawaii, Nova Scotia, * 2013 TR, Pg 531
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS