RV.Net Open Roads Forum: BEST WAX FOR GEL COAT AND DECALS ?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> BEST WAX FOR GEL COAT AND DECALS ?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
beemerphile1

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/09 10:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

newsomer wrote:

If you are interested in trying the 303 products you can order a set of free samples (you pay P & H about $5).

That reminds me. I sent in for the sample pack months ago and never received it. How long should it take?

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

gr8tadventure

Columbus, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/09 02:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I ordered the 303 Protectant and Cleaner, they sent me a free 32 ounce fabric gaurd and trials of everything...It took me 10 days to receive it...I read literature that came with order and it states that if you send your $5.00 to get the free sample kit , it takes two weeks...so I would call them...

"Life is but a true adventure!"

We will see you at the "Rainbow Bridge" Nitro!

newsomer

0x1F.916C8, 0x-54.30EA4

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/09 02:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

beemerphile1 wrote:

That reminds me. I sent in for the sample pack months ago and never received it. How long should it take?
I got mine in just a little over three weeks.

2015 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
To Infinity, and Beyond!
- Our Campsites (Bing Maps)

Tizi

Normandy Park, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/09 02:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

newsomer wrote:

Dog Trainer wrote:

If you have vynal graphics, do not wax them.A good product to protect them is 303 aerospace prtectant . . .
If you are interested in trying the 303 products you can order a set of free samples (you pay P & H about $5). Click the pic for details . . .

[image]

Moderator: I do not have any connection to the products other than as a consumer. I included the picture to just show the items provided in the free sample package. Feel free to edit the post if it crosses the line as far as advertising is concerned.

I ordered this package a few months ago and have been very impressed with the products...and for 5 bucks, how can you beat it?

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo

Tizi

Normandy Park, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/09 02:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

beemerphile1 wrote:

newsomer wrote:

If you are interested in trying the 303 products you can order a set of free samples (you pay P & H about $5).

I sent them an email with a copy of the cashed check after 4 weeks. I got in the mail that week.

ford-willy

Ca.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/09 06:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dog Trainer wrote:

If you have vynal graphics, do not wax them.A good product to protect them is 303 aerospace prtectant. It is available a Murrays auto parts and West marine in my area. I have had good luck with 2001 as a wax for my MH I used to use it on my boat and it woul last for a year. I am having the same luck on the MH. Use a good cleaner to get the fiberglass stripped and cleaned then put on the wax staying away from the decals finish up with the 313.

Can you use the 303 all over and not use any other wax product ???? Also it's impossible not to overlap the graphic area you put the 303 on and the area you wax. Is that Ok to mix ???

2009 Grand Junction 335TRL--2011 F350 Lariat 4X4 Dually Crew Cab, 6.7 Diesel, 6 Speed Auto, 3:73 Gears--One Great Towing Machine.---------
2016 Forest River Salem T21RBS

Dog Trainer

Richmond Mi.

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/09 08:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A couple of questions came up about the 303 and graphics. 1st I do not know if all graphics are vinyl. O was told by the man that re stripped the front of mine not to wax them. As I understand it the 303 is made to use over petrolieum based products such as the graphics it is also good for use on tires and other rubber produts. It is almost impossible not to overlap but I try to stay shoryt of the graphics with the wax and then put the 303 on. Its a PIA but my graphics are 17 years old last year we replaced the front only and the match was near perfect. Must be doing something right.

2016 Newmar Baystar 3401
Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles (fur Bearing Children)

P12

Palm Harbor, FL

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/09 04:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is Nu finish still a top choice? If I recall it's synthetic, so is it decal safe?

Mike

2002 Georgie Boy Pursuit 3205FS, Ford F53 V10
2000 Plymouth Voyager, Ready Brute Elite
1982 Shasta pup

levendoski

the villages, florida

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/09 08:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

go to a marina & get some paste "boat wax"...it's the best for fiberglass gel coats.

THE HAPPY VILLAGERS

sayby1campers

Rock Hill,SC

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/09 08:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Avoid concentrated cleaner ohen the decals when washing off the bugs and road grime. This will kill the decals. I use rv/marine wax from Meguiars. I get it from marine supply stores... works great!!!

DW, DD(10y/o) and CoCo our Sharpei(wrinkle dog)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> BEST WAX FOR GEL COAT AND DECALS ?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS