|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Single Garage

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Z71 4x4

Sun Sunny Cal California

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/09 06:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, excellent reply. I appreciate your taking the time to type all those thoughts out.
It sounds like a great unit. I can really see us having the separate bedrooms.

Thanks once more.

Time to take the wife and go look at one in person.

2011 Allegro 35QBA
2007.5 GMC, LMM D/A, Crew Cab, Z71 4x4, Long Box
2004 KTM525 Exc

rwdl60

Austin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/09 05:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Z71 4x4 wrote:

Nice pics rwdl60. Thank you for those!!

If you don't mind a few questions:
How do you both like it?
Would you buy one again?
Any changes you would make?
Did you look at the 3600RL and what made you choose the 3602RL?

Thanks, I really appreciate the help.

How do you both like it?

We both love this floorplan. When all the slides are out, you have three complete living areas, two with their own bathrooms, and all three with their own sinks. Doors separate the area’s and all three have vented air conditioning in the roof and heat in the floor. The rear garage/living room also has a extra lighted ceiling fan, along with the main galley.

We would defiantly buy this one again. We have no issues so far (except for the SP tires rather than LT).

Would you make any changes?

Yes, here’s a short list of changes we would make:

1 – The rear ramp for the 1/2 single door can be build with a small ramp, and small storage area like the other toy haulers. It’s not a big deal, but the short downward sloping ramp, after the door ramp, would help when loading and un-loading my large and low motorcycle. The ramp would also disappear when the large u-lounge is lowered to the floor. When the garage is in living room mode, you wouldn’t even know the slopping ramp was there. Below the floor area of the 3600 and the 3602 can support this slope, but since we do not have the slope, I will be putting a extra spare tire under there (it will fit, right next to the other spare – I have already measured for space and got a extra spare tire winch bracket).

2 – In our second bath room, the vent and fan switch are mounted in the ceiling. The ceiling is at least 9 foot high, so me, being 6’1”, have to stand on the toilet to turn the fan on, or open the vent. My wife has no hope of turning on the fan, or opening the vent – so it’s’ my bathroom now.

3 – The unit comes with 2 very large and very nice 36 inch HMDI high definition TV’s and one 20 inch flat screen in the bedroom. Very nice units by the way. There’s outside satellite cabling ports already provided, but there’s no manual on how their wired. There’s just two, unlabeled cable ports in the rear entertainment area, and two unlabeled cable ports in the main galley, and one in the main bedroom. Between the roof mounted pop-up antenna, the two input cable ports on the outside driver’s side of the unit, and one output external cable port and power outlet on the passenger side of the unit, it was fun trying to figure out what goes were.

Also, all three (3) TV’s have their own DVD players, but the main galley DVD player is hooked to the nice Alpine Amp, which powers two extra speakers in the garage/living room. Nice when you want the entire unit to rock. But, when I want to watch my big screen TV in the garage, and my wife wants to watch a DVD program in the main galley, I will hear her programming. If she’s watching standard TV or Cable TV, there’s now issue since sound will come out the TV only. I will have to connect the two extra speakers in the garage/living area to a switch to prevent DVD sounds from coming from the galley. By the way, there a total of nine speakers overall, six speakers inside the unit in the roof, two external marine speakers outside, and a sub-woofer below the oven. The switches to the two external marine speaker and sub-woofer are also mounted outside, in the storage area. I think the 2009 units have these switches now mounted inside. I guess the issues is that if you turn the external speaker ON, and don’t know it, you would have the entire park rocking to your music, until a neighbor knocks on your door to tell you about it.

4 – I would also like to have the roof ladder permanently mounted to the outside rear of the unit, next to the small door, instead of the rear right driver’s side. I continually have to move it to inside the unit when traveling, but for the Raptor 3600RL and 3602RL, the ladder can be mounted at the rear, permanently. There’s no need to move it since the garage doors are so small.

5 – It took us two weeks to discover that the rear U-Lounge has a custom air matters, design for the 3602RL. The air mattress blows up so that it fits between the one large center sofa that you move. The unit has a nice 120volt power supply to inflate and deflate the mattress, and the entire back center section of the U-Lounge converts into a twin sized bed, not a queen. Keystones web site and flyers do not say this very well, and it would help if users would know that the back side of the 3602RL is garage (with vent ports), as well as a bed area. Keystone also provided black sheets with Velcro that can covers the two very large windows back there, and garage door. You can have privacy at RV parks/State Parks.

6 – I would also like it if the twin bed in the galley area, uses the new flip out air mattress. Our unit has the standard fold out, spring mattress, which is ok, but the newer style sofa beds has storage area below them.

Did you look at the 3600RL?

Yes, if we had kids, I would defiantly look hard at the 3600RL. The queen bed in the rear loft area, and the sofa bed in the rear are nice sized. The only issues is will all your kid toys fit in the small garage. For me, I think it would, since I would mostly have four bicycles or maybe two or three small motorcycles. But I would have to see if three 250’s dirt bikes would fit in?

We choose the 3602RL because most of the time it’s just me and the wife, and when visitors call, there’s a place for them, with privacy and a bathroom.

There’s are far more likes, then dislikes, and I would defiantly buy this unit again

* This post was edited 03/19/09 05:38pm by rwdl60 *

2008 Keystone Raptor 3602RL
2008 Chevy 3500 6.6L Diesel Crew Cab Alison/Duramax LTZ Dooley
2006 Goldwing 1800 Nav Titanium
2004 Yamaha Vstar Classic

pamperedcamper

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/09 04:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is a link to a thread I started. I just picked up a Kodiak with a front garage.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/22480221.cfm

rwdl60

Austin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/09 02:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Keystone actually has two Raptor versions, the 3600RL and the 3602RL. The 3602RL has no wall(s), the entire backend turns into a small living room when you remove your stuff.

Here's a pic of the 3602RL with a Wing.

Z71 4x4

Sun Sunny Cal California

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/09 03:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice pics rwdl60. Thank you for those!!

I saw this one at the Keystone website but it wasn't until I did a little more looking around online that I figured out that this unit has a door but not a seperate garage. It looks really nice and I think my wife would really like the open room back there.

If you don't mind a few questions:
How do you both like it?
Would you buy one again?
Any changes you would make?
Did you look at the 3600RL and what made you choose the 3602RL?

Thanks, I really appreciate the help.

Also married 28 years.
Sold my GL years ago for a dual sport bike. I too have 1 son graduated and 1 daughter almost there, in her last year.

medic9016

South Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/09 12:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Heartland Sundance 3300 RCBhttp://www.heartlandrvs.com/models.html?........5th+Wheels&type=Mid+Profile+Fifth+Wheels

2008 Heartland North Trail 280BH
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie Cummins TD
Prodigy
Yellow Yamaha Golf Cart

Y-Guy

Tri-Cities, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/09 10:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Outback line has some smaller garages 230RS & 280RS, not really singles though. I'm not aware of any other manufactures that got into these, so far all 4 that have been listed are Keystone products.

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited

sprint99

Merton, WI

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/09 10:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jackxclan wrote:

Single garage ?
I thought the same thing.

I've never seen a TH with anything more than a single garage.

Z71 4x4

Sun Sunny Cal California

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/09 10:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good point Y-Guy. I thought I saw a trend here.....Thanks.

Picky picky picky,
All right... a small door, a single wide door for the garage as opposed to a larger door which might be interpreted or viewed as a ‘double door’ for a wider and more spacious garage.
Sheesh.
lol

Z71 4x4

Sun Sunny Cal California

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/09 10:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

YES, single garage.

I'm looking at those two now..... please keep em coming!!!

Thanks.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Single Garage
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS