RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Maryland vehicle inspection for used RV bought at LazyDays?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Maryland vehicle inspection for used RV bought at LazyDays?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
swebber

Bluemont

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/09 05:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mkriedel78 wrote:

....Turned out to be trickier than I thought- since it was technically a truck chassis, I couldn't just bring it to any gas station that does MD State inspections. Also, it would seem that the truck chassis inspection includes taking the wheels off to inspect the brakes, etc......

FYI- All Vehicle Inspections, Truck or car, require the removal of one front and one rear wheel to inspect brakes, rotors and or drums as well as all suspension components.

Steve Webber
2013 RAM 3500 Dually, 6.7 Cummins and all the bells and whistles
2009 Jayco Eagle 324BHDS "CramalotInn III",Reese DCHP, Atwood 3500, BAL Deluxe Chocks, Weber Baby Q & Q200, Champion 2000W Inverter & 4000W gennie's
My Camping Pic's

Trail-Mate

Frederick, MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/09 05:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Beckleys does do inspections, but I would also look at Light TrucK service, They have several locations, One in Frederick and another in Rockville off of Gude drive.
I think also Donald Be Rice Tire does inspections

1997 Ford F250 Extended Cab, 7.3 Diesel, 8 foot bed.
Reese 16K Hitch
(Moved into Shed) Hensley Arrow
Jordan Brake Controller, Hensley TruControl Gold Shelved.
Open Range 5th Wheel, Roamer RF392 BHS

Happy Camping !!

bdemattia

Full Timer - Florida right now

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/09 06:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had the same thing with my previous coach a 1996 Thor gasser at the emissions station in Waldorf. Pull up and went inside and asked how I was going to get the RV in the service bay. Got a waiver from the clerk and that was it - never got another notice.

TZScales

Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/09 09:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You will definitely have to have a Maryland inspection to obtain a title, registration and tag. Be prepared to pay 6% of the purchase price or NADA value along with fees for the registration, tag and recording of the lien.

I am not sure where you are located, but I used Miller Automotive in Beltsville, Maryland which cost me $200 for the inspection. There is also Myers Texaco in Waldorf, Maryland and Newberg Service Center in Newberg, Maryland. Both of these locations are off of US 301 in southern Maryland.

Best of luck!

TZS and Wife
2007 Monaco Executive Sandia IV
Cummins ISX 525 Horsepower
Allison 4000 Six Speed Transmission
Roadmaster S-Series Chassis
2006 Saturn Vue
SMI Air Force One

TKrussman

Colesville, Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/09 07:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also used Miller. Queenstown RV on Rt 1 near College Park uses them to inspect all of their RVs. The price was $200. I've had major work at Miller and like what they've done so far. As far as the MVA is concerned--you can find all of the forms on-line and fill them out beforehand, but still expect an hour or so wait. The one closest to me (White Oak) closes their doors at 4:30, waiting on anyone who gets inside by that time. Interestingly, I've found that getting there between 4pm and 4:30 seems to provide shorter than normal waits.

JamesBr

Manassas, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/09 07:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone that can handle a light commercial trucks should be able to do this....there are several, I was referred to Superior auto by a friend and I was happy with their turn around.

As for registering, I didn't face NADA value, they looked at the purchase price and taxed me on that. NADA is only if your purchase price is claimed to be ridiculously low. Now 25k under NADA is low, but when you have the sales paperwork to prove it they won't even flinch.

2006 Ford F350 6.0
2014 Primetime Sanibel 3600
Enough other vehicles to not bother listing.

Previous RV: 2001 Monaco Knight

wny_pat

Western NYS

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/09 08:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

$200 for a state inspection?? Does the state set the amount that a inspection station can charge?

“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

JamesBr

Manassas, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/09 08:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They state how many hours they can charge at shop rate. 250-300 was the range I got when I called around trying to find a convenient location. Their charge was 275 at Superior and they need the vehicle for at least half a day.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Maryland vehicle inspection for used RV bought at LazyDays?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS