RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: My new Outfitter - photos, finally!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> My new Outfitter - photos, finally!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
travelinglane

NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/24/09 02:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Okay guys -

Here are some photos from picking up my camper at Outfitter. I took 10 days off, drove out to Longmont, CO and arrived earlier than expected at Outfitter. Bob Ward and his crew squeezed me in, and I was able to camp my first night at St Vrain's Campground about 5 miles from Outfitter. Had to go back in the AM to have some last minute things done (like add on my forgotten solar system...) and then hit the road back to NH around 1030AM.

Here are some photos (with Murgatroid's help, there will be some photos below...):

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

These are from a visit to Rocky Mountain National Park that I took with a friend I have known since first grade, while I was waiting for the camper and truck to be finished:

[image]

[image]

[image]

Thanks Murgatroid for all your great directions for posting from Picassa!!

Murgatroid

Nevada City, CA

View Profile

Posted: 05/24/09 02:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cheryl,

Awesome pix! I"m glad you got it to work! The picture at St. Vrain with the pond in the background looks a lot like my picture! That would be funny if you happened to stay in the exact same spot! When I was there, the ranger came by and congratulated me on the new camper. I guess he sees that a lot there!

I think you touched on it a bit in the Jamboree thread, but how did the truck and camper handle on the way back? Did you stay anywhere interesting on your way home?

on edit - I see you have the cassette toilet (and opted for more storage below). Did Bob have any problem getting your toilet in? Just curious as mine was a hassle, and so was sstan's!

-steve

2009 Northern Lite 9.6Q Classic
2012 Cyclone 300C
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 QC LB CTD 2WD for towing
2004 Ford F250 ExCab LB P/S 4WD for hauling

kbaum

Thermopolis

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/24/09 02:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice camper, how does your Tundra handle with the camper on?

2013 Northern Lite 10 cdse
2012 Dodge 3500 SRW 4x4 Cummins Crew Cab

Newmar Dutch Star 4018 (home)

travelinglane

NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/24/09 02:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let's see: no, my toilet was there when I got there, but they forgot a few things - solar system, the little covered hole where the electric shoreline comes out, my lower table leg and my propane extention line to run another tank from the ground.

This was partly my fault, as Bob and I miscommunicated on the date of my arrival and so they weren't ready for me. But they were great and squeezed me in by working extra hours, which was greatly appreciated!

The truck and camper handled very nicely on the way home. I ran into some very heavy winds in KS and MO - up to 25mph gusts which were a little intense, but I managed it okay.

I did stay at a campground in IL that was nice, but the other two nights just stayed in ones I could see off the highway. Kind of noisy and not particularly pretty. But I had to get home and back to work.

travelinglane

NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/24/09 03:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi again - I listed all the options I chose, along with a photo, under the Photo Thread at the top of the postings page for TCers.

Just in case you were wondering... [emoticon]

~DJ~

Boise, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/24/09 04:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lucky Dog. Lucky Dog!!!!

Outfitter and Tundra. Great combo for getting off the beaten path.

Of course now, we are expecting some truly spectacular shots of where you are able to get that thing into!!!! [emoticon]

'16 FORD F250 6.7 373 FX4 Lifted with 35" Toyos Air Bags

'16 Arctic Fox 25R. Xantrex 2000 inverter/charger, four Trojan 6 volts, 450 watts solar.

travelinglane

NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/24/09 04:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Please don't hold your breath waiting for any "Whazoo-like" trips!! At least not until I retire.
For now, it will be mostly camping along the East Coast. But once I retire, look out! I'll be hitting the road tons, I hope [emoticon]

cewillis

Tucson, az, usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/24/09 05:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

travelinglane wrote:

Please don't hold your breath waiting for any "Whazoo-like" trips!! At least not until I retire.

I have the solution: retire now!

Great looking camper, and good option selections. But who's that guy in the first picture??

Cal

Nemo667

Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 05/24/09 05:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great pics Cheryl. Hope you have a great time camping and exploring the east coast. Congratulations on your new camper.

Thanks for posting...[emoticon]

2007 F-350 SRW 6.0L CC SB 4X4
2006 Outfitter Apex 8, 220W Solar and 3 AGM's
2013 Jeep Rubicon

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 05/24/09 05:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, great pix of the installation process, first nights and scenery in the area!

I'll have to make this a Trip Report [emoticon]

Cheers,
Sand & Dunes

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> My new Outfitter - photos, finally!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS