|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Northwest Spring Rally, May 14-16, 2010

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 159  
Next
Sponsored By:
DavidG

Jacksonville, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/09 09:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The 2010 Northwest Spring Rally will be held on May 14-16, 2010 at the Brookhollow RV Park in Kelso, WA. You can call them at 800/867-0453, but please read the registration information below before you call.

Click on the image below for a larger view.

Here is a pic of the rec room (click for larger view)

At this point, we’re looking at sites 1-10 (60’ pull-thru’s), 24-33 and 40-49 (40’ back-in’s), all of which have an additional 12’x20’ pad for parking your toad or tow vehicle. There is a nice grass area down the middle between sites 24-33/40-49 that we can use for our "social time" or for just hanging out.

Here is a pic of the space down the center row (click for larger view)

Registration details
  • Cost is $27 per night.
  • If you cancel your reservations before April 14, there will be a $27 cancellation fee.
  • Cancel after April 14 and there is no refund.
  • If you do cancel and someone else signs up, I’ll see what I can do with a little money juggling between the parties.
  • When you call to make your reservations, it would help the park staff if you could pay in full. That way, when you arrive, all you’ll need to do is pull up to the office, tell them who you are, they’ll hand you a packet and you’ll be on your way. If you do not pay in full ahead of time, you’ll need to spend a little more time at the office before you can park in your site. If you don't pay in full ahead of time, but know a few days prior to your arrival that you'll be staying for more than one night, please call the park to pay for all of your nights. Being paid in full will speed up the check-in process. Please consider the cancellation policy and your certainty of attending when deciding whether to pay in full or the minimum $27 for the first night.
  • When you call to make your reservations, please start out by saying, “Hi, I’m calling to make reservations for the rv dot net gathering on May 14-16 next year.” That’s their cue that this is a different kind of group registration than what they normally do. If you are arriving early or departing later, let them know what your dates will be They will take your credit card information and process it. You will not be assigned a space until a few days prior to the rally. (Please do not call the park to find out what space you’re in…you’ll find out when you get there.)
  • If you happen to speak to Rhonda, say a big thank you for handling our reservations for us. She's doing us a huge favor by doing it this way for us. Even if you don't speak to Rhonda, say thank you anyway.
After you are done with the park registration, send me a PM with the following information;
  • Names of people attending
  • Forum name
  • Email address
  • Complete mailing address
  • Deposit amount paid
  • Arrival date
  • Departure date
  • Size and type of rig, including the number of slides
  • Size and type of dog(s) (if any)
I need to gather this information for the park and get it to them by April 15th so they can figure out what space everyone is going into. If you have any special requirements, such as you need to be close to the clubhouse because you can't walk long distances, please let me know so I can pass that information along to the park so they can assign the best spot for you. If you need a pull-thru, let me know that too. (Remember, there is a differenc between need and want.

Registered
1. DavidG (David & Laura)
2. Bigdog (Jon, Jeanne & Ryan)
3. kd7cxg (Tom & Pat)
4. Retired05 (Tom & Carol)
5. Ryegal (Donna)
6. rvlady (Linda & Dave)
7. Fishinghat (Bob & Pam)
8. waflthrider (Ryan, Beth & Alyssa)
9. Ron Butler (Ron Butler & Carolyn Haven)
10. Mike Hayden (Mike & Brenda Hayden)
11. kbehrent (Kevin, Angela, Dylan & Max
12. TomNLauraWA (Tom & Laura)
13. (Bob & Marla)
14. (Bill & Heidi)
15. dpsquier (Dave & Colleen)
16. jahrens (John & Nikki)

Tentative Schedule of Events

Thursday May 13
Early arrivals

Friday May 14
4:30 pm - 6:00pm: Welcome and Happy Hour with heavy hors d’euvres (potluck style). The bartenders are coming, but I don't know what kind of concoctions they'll be stirring or mixing up this time. I'm sure that whatever it is that it will be yummy.
6:30 pm – Bingo with prizes. In the clubhouse. We’ll keep it short to 4 games. $1 per sheet of 4 cards. Limit 2 sheets per person per game. A final “black out” game will be held. The prize is 2 nice chairs with two $25 gift certificates. $2 per sheet of 4 games. Limit 2 sheets per person. Proceeds to benefit The Rally Fund.

Saturday May 15
7:00 - 8:00am: Coffee is on
8:00 am: Cook your own Omelet in a bag. Omelet ingredients will be provided with pancakes, bacon, sausage and hash browns.
10:00am - 3:00 pm: On your own.
4:00 to 6:00 pm: Happy hour ***The Bartenders***
4:30 to 5:30 pm: Silent auction. Place your bid on several mystery items. Winners announced at 7:30pm.
6:00 pm: We'll bring some good ham, you bring something to go with it (potluck style). Salads, deserts, etc.
7:15 pm: Group Picture
7:30 pm: Short business meeting, select next year’s Rally Master, suggestions for next year’s location.
Auction proceeds to benefit The Rally Fund.

Sunday May 16
7:00 am: Coffee is on
Final farewells

*** Happy Hour Bar Tenders*** $5 per person to participate in the offerings of the “Bartenders” who will be offering up some mighty fine concoctions. This is optional but last year it was great.

Volunteers
So far, I have Ryan and Ron Butler bringing the big pots for boiling the "omlet in a bag" and Bigdog bringing the big coffee pot. We'll need some help in the kitchen Saturday morning for breakfast to help cook up the rest of the fixin's. Let me know if you can help.

Things To Do

For those of you that enjoy wine, here is a website that lists wineries around Washington. Some are not far from the park, while others are a bit farther.

If you have never visited Mt. St. Helens, here are a few sites to check out: Site 1 and Site 2. Unfortunately, the visitor center is closed until May 16th.

The Mt Rainier Scenic Railroad is just up the road aways in Elbe.

And there will be a few maps of the area and brochures of things to see and do around the area at the rally.

Check back here to post #1 every once and awhile to see if there has been any updates.

If you have any questions, please send me a PM.

* This post was last edited 05/08/10 11:46am by DavidG *   View edit history

David and Laura G
Click here for my RV Tips
2003 Suburban K2500LT 4WD, 8.1L, 3.73
2008 Adirondack 31RK-DSL
Our blog

ryegal

Seattle

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/09 09:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi David, did you ask then about the 10 yr rule?

Donna

DavidG

Jacksonville, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/09 11:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dick A wrote:

Quote:

Northwest Sprint Rally, May 14-16, 2010

Um, David, do we have to enter the Sprint, is Sprint sponsoring the rally, or do we get free new Sprint phones?
Just another example of what the spell-checker WON'T catch!

hobo

Tacoma, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/09 11:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looked up some mileage

Rodger 514 miles to Kelso
Dave 284 Moses Lake
Chuck 170 Yakima
RV Lady 110 Oregon
Tom 90 Oregon
Bob & Jon 131
North of Seattle Lynnwood 144 miles
My house to Kelso 110 Miles

Not to bad for most folks.
Hobo

DavidG

Jacksonville, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/09 10:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ryegal wrote:

Hi David, did you ask then about the 10 yr rule?
No, I didn't, but I will. I don't think it will be an issue because I seem to remember seeing a rig or two that looked kinda old as we walked around the park when we were there.

Dick A

Spokane

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/09 10:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Northwest Sprint Rally, May 14-16, 2010

Um, David, do we have to enter the Sprint, is Sprint sponsoring the rally, or do we get free new Sprint phones?

2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WAYMXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty

W7SFO

Puyallup,WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/04/09 09:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DavidG wrote:

Bigdog is so exicited about finally retiring, he forgot to follow through with the rest of the registration instructions.
(I need all that info I asked for sent in a PM. Please. )

DUH, he is OLD. You must make any instruction in very LARGE BOLD TYPE for him to see it. Contrasting colors also help

Ryan,Beth & Alyssa.(Full Time in our 5th wheel)
Eatonville WA.
See me on Facebook!
Enjoying camping every chance we get.
Enjoy meeting other folks in the area to camp with.

Ron Butler

Federal Way WA./Sun City AZ. or points between.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/04/09 12:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good job David.

Now, to all you Cougars, Ducks & Beavers out there. How about those Husky women? NCAA Womens Softball CHAMPIONS!! GO DOGS!!

Just had to get that in!!

Ron & Carolyn
Happy - Lakeland Terrier
Rose - Welsh Terrier
From sailing yacht to land yacht
KE7BZC
M/V Lothlorien

GO HUSKIES
Our Trip Pictures
Ron & Carolyns Travels

Bigdog

silverdale wa.

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/09 02:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're in.......We're all ready.....Paid in full....Now it's 10 more school days then it's retirement,trip to California and then the Summer rally and we have a minimum of 12 rigs and one boat...

* This post was edited 06/04/09 02:59pm by Bigdog *

GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

DavidG

Jacksonville, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/04/09 04:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bigdog is so exicited about finally retiring, he forgot to follow through with the rest of the registration instructions.
(I need all that info I asked for sent in a PM. Please. )

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 159  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Northwest Spring Rally, May 14-16, 2010
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS