RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Gallley drain valve on a 2004 Montana 2980RL

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Gallley drain valve on a 2004 Montana 2980RL

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
KOUNTRY TRAVELER

Hot Springs Village, Ar.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/09 05:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just purchased this fifth wheel and thought the kitchen drain was clogged because it backed up into the sink. The monitor for the tanks shows the grey water empty after dumping but the galley still shows full. I'm assuming there is a separate holding tank for the galley but how do you empty it? Other fifth wheelers have told me that they should all be together.
When I look at the manual for this model it only reads that there maybe 4 tanks but does not go into detail on were the drain valves are. The grey and black tank valves are side by side in the front of the trailer but all I can see from the back of the trailer were the galley tank has to be is a black drain pipe running to the dump outlet.
Need your help in Arkansas.
Thanks

up2nogood

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/09 05:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KOUNTRY TRAVELER wrote:

Just purchased this fifth wheel and thought the kitchen drain was clogged because it backed up into the sink. The monitor for the tanks shows the grey water empty after dumping but the galley still shows full. I'm assuming there is a separate holding tank for the galley but how do you empty it? Other fifth wheelers have told me that they should all be together.
When I look at the manual for this model it only reads that there maybe 4 tanks but does not go into detail on were the drain valves are. The grey and black tank valves are side by side in the front of the trailer but all I can see from the back of the trailer were the galley tank has to be is a black drain pipe running to the dump outlet.
Thanks

There is a third drain valve on the left side between and slightly above the tires

rhochnadel

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/09 08:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our galley drain valve is in the sewer hose storage compartment, you have to take the hose out first.

'05 Keystone Challenger TPK
'01 Chev 2500HD Duramax/Allison
Corgi "Pippin" & cat "Sundance"

Mile High

CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/09 09:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

yeppers - on the frame between the wheels. Catches a lot of folks off gaurd on the Montana.

"By the time a man asks for advise he usually has already made up his mind and is looking for confirmation more than opinion" -Sidney Harris

et2

MI.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/09 06:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

up2nogood wrote:

KOUNTRY TRAVELER wrote:

Thanks

There is a third drain valve on the left side between and slightly above the tires

Yup.Found this out on our new Montana as well. Driver side,probably under the slide behind and between the tires. Great place to put one !! I found our when I was lubing the slides.

LadyRVer

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/09 07:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 2003 Montana had the galley drain behind the street side rear tire. My 2008
Montana had the galley drain in front of the street side front tire.

Mile High

CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/09 07:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Better than on the roof I guess

KOUNTRY TRAVELER

Hot Springs Village, Ar.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/09 07:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just want to say thank you to all of you who responded with the correct information.
I thought I had to be the dumbest person in the world but now the #1 in that catergory is the designer who came up with that location.
Anyway the problem has been resolved and a thank you to all of you who replied.
The Kountry Traveler
Hot Springs Village,Ar.

noman'sland

Boise City OK

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/09 03:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On our 2000 Montana it's between the tires, quite a crawl to get to it, so I had another drain installed in the line just above the final dump valve. It's a lot easier to get too. Sometimes I wonder if any of the designers have ever used one of the trailers that they build, I can't believe the lack of common sense in putting the dump valve in such an akward place. Dumb, dumb,dumb.

Vernon & Martha
02 F 250 PSD 7.3 4x4
00 Montana 3280rl

timandsusan

San Antonio, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/09 09:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This caught me off guard on our Montana as a rookie RVer in 2006. The usual location is near the tires on the driver side.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Gallley drain valve on a 2004 Montana 2980RL
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS