|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Magnatek 6300 > Progressive Dynamics 4645 Light Trick

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
MTBob

Montana

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/09 03:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I finally got the PD 4645 charger/converter installed (along with the Trimetric 2025), after upgrading the battery cable to #4. Included in the PD 4600 series conversion units is a green indicator light on the DC distribution board showing the status of the Charge Wizard. When the cover of the unit is closed you can't see the light (sort of a screwy design). So, rather than trying to rewire the light and move it to the cover, I did the following:
(sorry about the lousy photos, hard to get the light color without a flash)

The green light is on the DC distribution board - on the right side of the board. To transmit this light to the cover, I drilled a 1/4" hole in the cover exactly in alignment with the light and inserted a piece of plexiglass rod to get near the light, but not touch it. I polished each end of the rod to get as much light transmission as possible and epoxied it to the cover.
[image]

[image]

Here's a fuzzy photo (no flash) of how the light looks in the closed panel. For sure, it's not as bright as the original light, but works just fine, and it's simple to make.
[image]

* This post was edited 10/11/09 03:22pm by MTBob *

Bob
2002 10-2000RR Northern Lite
2008 Chevy 3500 DMAX, SRW,
2001 Lund 1700 Fisherman

trails2004

Outside

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/09 03:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice!

Pauljdav

Everett, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/09 04:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very cool. I might do the same.

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/09 06:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Please share more on the system and more pictures... these came out just fine.... I am not familiar with your Progressive Dynamics or yosounds like the new stuff might be very advanced.u trimetric.

I have the PD 9145 and the original trimetric...

You install looks good and the light pipe is very innovative.

Sleepy

2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

AnEv942

CA

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/09 09:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Clever MtBob!. I added a grommet so as to see the led, I was afraid it might be annoying having a really bright flashing led visible. [image]
But I like the sight glass-you could control the light output by sanding or polishing the end of the sight glass. Wonder if I could find a piece of 1" rod, Hmm maybe a 1" marble. I dont think mines that far back, rod looks really long.
Mark

01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page

MTBob

Montana

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/09 09:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AnEv942 wrote:

Clever MtBob!. I added a grommet so as to see the led, I was afraid it might be annoying having a really bright flashing led visible. [image]
But I like the sight glass-you could control the light output by sanding or polishing the end of the sight glass. Wonder if I could find a piece of 1" rod, Hmm maybe a 1" marble. I dont think mines that far back, rod looks really long.
Mark

As it turns out, the light isn't all that bright from the side. And from a front angle it's about the same as an LED on the fire alarm or CO2 monitor. The plastic sticks out about 1/4" in the front and about 1 1/4" in the rear.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Magnatek 6300 > Progressive Dynamics 4645 Light Trick
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS