RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Keystone Outback.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Keystone Outback.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
The Tigers Crew

Ontario

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/23/09 06:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can anyone give us some information & opinions on the Keystone Outback Trailers. I saw a 26' rear living with slide for sale & my wife & I both liked it. Now I am hearing horror stories about these trailers; roofs flying off, plumbing, etc.. Is the Keystone Outback a good & reliable trailer? Thank you for your assistance.

abc40kids

Dale City,Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/09 07:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a one slide Outback about 27' no problems at all.It was our first tt and only traded it to go a little bigger.I know someone that had the Outback that had the bedroom slide in the back that you manually pull out and they had some leaking problems.He fixed with some caulk and still has it and happy.For what it's worth I say it's a good tt.

Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey,Dexter(Golden),Bruno(Pug)
Forest River Cardinal 362bhs 2006
2005 Chevy duramax dually 4x4 crew cab,Ultra Goliath wheels with Nitto Dura Grapplers and Banks exhaust.

Opie431

Bellevue, MI

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/09 06:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have used our 03 Outback from 80-100 nights a year and have had no trouble except for a hidden fuse in the radio and drawers that came open when we travel. We found if we tightened the screws on the latches the doors and drawers stay closed.

Tiger02

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/09 07:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had an outback 5th wheel for the past 3 years. Many trips including a 3600 mile round trip to Yellowstone. Never had any problems with any system. They don't have any issues outside of the ones I've heard about on other trailers. Very satisfied with mine. Check out link below for the owners group. Very helpful folks.

Outbackers

2006 Keystone Outback Sydney Edition 30 FRKS

pulled by 1997 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually, 7.3 PSD, Auto Trans, 4.10 gears, AFE Intake, MBRP 4" Exhaust, Triple Gauge set on the A-Pillar, Super Chips Tuner, Beans Fuel System and 106,000 miles.

Godsey97

Dayton,Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/09 11:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No matter the brand, there will be lemons in each bunch. I owned a Jayco and loved it, now I own a Keystone Cougar. Fit/Finish seem to be the same in both units.

When researching my purchase, I found some negative comments about Keystone, but when you factor in the number of units they sell, and the fact that people usually only complain, rarely praise, I felt it was worth taking a chance.

Some people will tell you to only buy Jayco and I can find an equal amount that have had horror story problems with Jayco.

Remember that all the components are "off the shelf" the same fridge and micro and stove go in all units and are warranteed by their respective company. A Jayco/Keystone/Airstream warranty only covers the "structure".

If you like the floorplan and the price is right, I see no problem with Keystones.

DMG

Jersey Shore

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/09 08:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have an Outback 23rs and have no problems. Check out Outbackers.com and you'll find all the info you need.

Dog Folks

Naples, Fl. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/24/09 08:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We full time in an Outback 27 RSDS. We have owned 5 travel trailers of different brands over our many years of camping before choosing this one. Full timing (365 nights per year) adds a lot of extra use on a trailer. We are very happy with it. We feel that Outback offers the best value for the dollar. We have alo talked to many owners of Outbacks around the country, without exception, they all loved theirs.

Camping Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS
We also have with us a "fur baby." A Chihuahua mix.

Full time since June 2006

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Keystone Outback.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS