|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Air compressor system - DoOver

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
luv2skyski

Stockbridge, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/09 06:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well...I finally got around to installing the "new" Air Lift Controller I compressor system. Here is my previous post on the subject:
luv2skyski wrote:

After I installed my AirLift Sureset I started having trouble with the pressure transducers. One of the transducers was sending a no pressure signal to the controller which in turn was sending more air to the bag. Luckily I was dumping my tanks at the time and heard the compressor kick on. The bag was nearing 100 PSI and I was able to pull the connector out of the controller before it popped. AirLift sent me a couple of new transducers and everything was fine for a about a year.

Lately, I’ve been getting erroneous readings (fluctuating, different than what my analog gauges are reading) so I again called AirLift.

They said that they cannot get parts for the Sureset system any longer and that they will do an even swap for the dual path Load Controller 1 system or upgrade to the
Air Lift WirelessAIR Remote System for an additional $199. Which is a little odd because the WirelessAIR system only costs $80 more if it's purchased new.

??????????

Either way I'm going with the old tried and true analog gauge, two needle, dual path system. I'm tired of the digital system and it's erratic operation. I hope they got the bugs worked out of the wireless system but I'm just not willing to take that chance.

Has anyone else had problems with their Sureset system?

Anyone have the wireless system? Any problems? Compliments? Compaints?

BTW - You can still purchase the SureSet system for $300. [emoticon][emoticon][emoticon][emoticon] (Hope you don't need any parts!)

Dave.

I ended up putting the gauge, toggle switch, and deflation buttons in the dash instead of using the supplied gauge panel.

[image]

[image]

"IMPORTANT: All preassembled gauge panels have been 100% leak and function tested. Do not attempt to tighten, loosen, or adjust any fittings or connections. This will likely cause a leak or malfunction and void the warranty."

They are not kidding. Of course it leaked. Specifically the brass "tees" that go from the gauge to the deflation buttons. The radius on the air lines was too severe so I ran two air lines from the firewall. One went directly to the deflation button and one went to the gauge:

[image]

[image]

[image]
(air line/tees only near steering linkage for photographic purposes)

I built a shelf/splash shield for the compressor and solenoid assembly to sit on. I already had a couple of holes in the bed where a pork chop box was mounted to attach the aluminum angle. It mounts in the space between the truck bed and bedside:

[image]

[image]

[image]

Hopefully this is far enough out of the way and the shelf large enough to prevent direct splash to the compressor or solenoid valves.

Later, Dave.

2004 Northern Lite 10-2000RR, 1999 F250

luv2skyski.com

Northern Lite Owners

Truck Camper Enthusiasts Map

4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions.

harvwong

Vancouver, BC

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/09 06:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice tidy job!

Harvey, Helen + 2 kids
2001 Silverado DRW, CC, 6.0L, Torklifts, Fastguns, Firestone Air Bags, ScanGauge II, SeeLevel Gauge,Dual Backup Cameras
2006 Bigfoot 25C10.6E, 4-6V Costco Batteries

1979 Bronco, 38's

JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/09 07:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm guessing the two leads on the back of the gauge are for an internal dash lite option so they can be illuminated when you turn on your running lights?

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express
CB Channel 17 Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

AnEv942

CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/09 08:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow deja vu
course there's not a lot of options. Good job!
[image]
I see they've changed the gage-that would be worth updating to. Ours the numbers are really small and the graduations are 7 1/2#increments? -there also at the perimeter of face so cant see them while driving.

As to comp location, I mounted our compressor in virtually identical location-its been there since Feb of 04 with no problems. The only difference I can see is my comp has a remote air intake that I located in cab. Even so I get a lot of water in the separator. I don't see one on yours?

I hadn't taken pics of our compressor install, now Ill just point to yours if someone asks [emoticon]
Mark

01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page

weymard

NORMANDY

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/09 03:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow good job, I would like to be able to do that !

FORD F250 LARIAT 4X4 DIESEL 2008
Lance 815 2007
France, Normandy

MTBob

Montana

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/09 07:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dave: That is some mighty nice work, good job!

I gotta ask: how in the world did you manage to assemble the gauge & fittings up under the dash? I find that every time I try to work under there it's a royal pain, due to bifocals & laying on my back bending in three directions.

Bob

Bob
2002 10-2000RR Northern Lite
2008 Chevy 3500 DMAX, SRW,
2001 Lund 1700 Fisherman

Spott

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/09 08:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice job and thanks for the photos.

1999??? that undercarriage is too clean to be that old.

Me - Kim - Spot
2006 F-350 4x4 DRW V10 - 2005 Northern Lite 10-2000CD

What's behind the name? Screen name that is.

luv2skyski

Stockbridge, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/09 05:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeChiOhki wrote:

I'm guessing the two leads on the back of the gauge are for an internal dash lite option so they can be illuminated when you turn on your running lights?
Exactly. I tied it into the dimmer switch.

AnEv942 wrote:

Wow deja vu
course there's not a lot of options. Good job!
[image]
I see they've changed the gage-that would be worth updating to. Ours the numbers are really small and the graduations are 7 1/2#increments? -there also at the perimeter of face so cant see them while driving.

As to comp location, I mounted our compressor in virtually identical location-its been there since Feb of 04 with no problems. The only difference I can see is my comp has a remote air intake that I located in cab. Even so I get a lot of water in the separator. I don't see one on yours?

I hadn't taken pics of our compressor install, now Ill just point to yours if someone asks [emoticon]
Mark
No separator. I think I'll look into that.

MTBob wrote:

I gotta ask: how in the world did you manage to assemble the gauge & fittings up under the dash? I find that every time I try to work under there it's a royal pain, due to bifocals & laying on my back bending in three directions.

Bob
It wasn't easy, that's for sure.

Spott wrote:

1999??? that undercarriage is too clean to be that old.
We don't need to use road salt all that much down here. Pretty much never. It's sure nice to the vehicles.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Air compressor system - DoOver
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS