RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Gulf Stream Crescendo 325 FRED Toy Hauler - Any good?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Gulf Stream Crescendo 325 FRED Toy Hauler - Any good?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
lachcosd

RV Park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/09 04:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We saw the Gulf Stream Crescendo 325 Fred Toy Hauler last year in Florida and liked the idea of it very much. Is 35 ft. long. Has the diesel engine in front and has a small "garage" under the raised bed where the engine would have been. Would easily take a motorcycle or two, ATV, etc.

Would appreciate views on this rig, Gulf Stream in general, FREDs in general, and anything else. Thanks!

GR8DANE

Utah

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/09 12:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bummer you haven't had a response. I'm also looking at a Gulf Stream Toy Hauler, but it's the G-Force 5th wheel model. I haven't had much luck finding any owners on this site either. Seems like a good company with a lot of innovative ideas.

2011 Gulf Stream Enduramax 3310END
2011 Ford F350 CC/SB
Way too many dirt bikes
Blue Ribbon Coalition, USA-All
My Enduramax Toy Hauler Review Blog

Norm500

Whidbey Island, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/10 03:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been kind of considering the Damon Outlaw which is very similar to the Gulf Stream. Safari and Newmar also make class A toy haulers. I'm surprised they aren't more popular and talked about on this forum. A good used '07 Damon Outlaw can be had for about $70,000. I'm a full timer in my 40' class A and I'm not sure I'd be as comfortable in the smaller living space toy haulers is my only hesitation in switching to one.

Norm

1998 Safari Serengeti.
2004 Grand Cherokee
Electric powered R/C
Vintage British motorcycles
Modern motorcycles
Golf

guthriez

Central Vancouver Island and the sunny southwest

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/10 01:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes! We bought a 2009 with 2000 miles in Arizona in January 2010 and are very happy with it. The climb-in bed takes a bit of getting used to, but we love the storage bay for bicycles, lawn furniture, hobby equipment, and lots of other stuff. We converted one of the storage closets in the slide-out into a pantry by adding extra shelves, and find it very comfortable. One thing we noticed was that newer models have a better door-locking system on the big bay doors than ours (we had an incident with the door coming off in transit immediately after taking possession because we hadn't checked the locks and cable-stay). But generally happy with the service we've received from Freightliner, and with the rig itself. It has lots of power and is very maneuverable. For us (two adults, one cat) it's a great rig.

The Guthaways

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Gulf Stream Crescendo 325 FRED Toy Hauler - Any good?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS