|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Total Rebuild of a 1979 Dodge Class C

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 349  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
magik235

Central Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 08:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

oldtrucker63 wrote:

It's really starting to look like a RV again now.

Yes it is. That has got to make you feel extremely good.

1993 Damon Challenger
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26989746.cfm

1985 Sport Coach http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseac........d/tid/26101292/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1.cfm

MMarieT

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/12 08:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great reminder TreeSeeker...forgot about that happening when flushing...thanks...

sundancer268

Charlevoix

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 04:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MMarieT wrote:

Great reminder TreeSeeker...forgot about that happening when flushing...thanks...

You will only forget that lesson once!

U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2005 Ford Focus Automatic Station Wagon
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain

oldtrucker63

Harlan Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 07:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EMD360 wrote:

Spring has lit a fire under you trucker! Love seeing it all come together. Could show more details on that fresh water tank install. Never seen one come together like yours has. All those fancy fans--are you planning a lot of batteries or just will use the generator to run stuff?
The Fantastic fans are low amps But I will still have two T105 batterys to start and have the room for two more later this summer and will also be adding a solar panel.

Without Trucks,....America Stop's

oldtrucker63

Harlan Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/12 07:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TreeSeeker wrote:

One thing to keep in mind with a Fantastic fan in the bathroom. If you have it on exhaust when you flush the toilet, it will suck the fumes out of the black tank when the toilet valve is opened. This is obviously not what you want, so remember to turn off the fan before flushing.

It looks like you are off to a great spring start.
Thanks for the tip here, For sure dont need that.

brianf21

Hollywood

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/12 12:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

oldtrucker63 wrote:

I got the cool LED tail lights today, They will look great and I just can't wait to get these put in, Also got the rubber roof seal, (For touch up) and some Lap sealant and a 50' roll of double stick eternabond, By the time I get the carpet installed I should have all the parts I need to put us on the Lake side.

Where did you get the LED tail lights? This thread has been a good read; thanks for posting it.

* This post was edited 04/11/12 12:14am by brianf21 *

Replant

Someplace

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/12 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OT,
If your FanTastic fan is like mine with a remote control be aware that even when not in use the fan will draw current via the receiver and run down your house battery. I thought my battery was going bad at first. Now I use the battery cut off switch until I get around to installing a master switch on the fan itself.

gotsmart

Aberdeen, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/12/12 12:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Replant wrote:

OT,
If your FanTastic fan is like mine with a remote control be aware that even when not in use the fan will draw current via the receiver and run down your house battery. I thought my battery was going bad at first. Now I use the battery cut off switch until I get around to installing a master switch on the fan itself.

Step 3 on page 1 of:
http://www.fantasticvent.com/operating/how_to_operate_assets/model_6600_rv.pdf

says:
Quote:

Select OFF, dome closes shutting off fan motor and control lights go out but this system
still draws fractional current (milliamps). For storage use battery disconnect. When fan is
not used daily, turn circuit to fan off or remove fuse from fuse holder located in face of
fan by pushing up on cap and turning to left.

2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

Replant

Someplace

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/12 01:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gotsmart wrote:

Replant wrote:

OT,

Step 3 on page 1 of:
http://www.fantasticvent.com/operating/how_to_operate_assets/model_6600_rv.pdf

says:
Quote:

Select OFF, dome closes shutting off fan motor and control lights go out but this system
still draws fractional current (milliamps). For storage use battery disconnect. When fan is
not used daily, turn circuit to fan off or remove fuse from fuse holder located in face of
fan by pushing up on cap and turning to left.

Wouldn't you agree that it makes more sense for the manufacturer to install a 2 or 3 dollar master switch on a $245 fan? Cutting off all power to the coach or removing a fuse to disable the receiver is idiotic. I removed the fuse a couple of times and realized that the holder was not designed for easy and frequent removal and would not withstand such abuse. Finding the fuse and re-installing it in the dark can be difficult. Having the the coach sit idle for a week or two is not what I call being in storage but they deem it to be if one doesn't use the fan every day. What nonsense!

* This post was edited 04/12/12 01:15am by Replant *

oldtrucker63

Harlan Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/12 02:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

brianf21 wrote:

oldtrucker63 wrote:

I got the cool LED tail lights today, They will look great and I just can't wait to get these put in, Also got the rubber roof seal, (For touch up) and some Lap sealant and a 50' roll of double stick eternabond, By the time I get the carpet installed I should have all the parts I need to put us on the Lake side.

Where did you get the LED tail lights? This thread has been a good read; thanks for posting it.
The tail lights came from pplmotorhomes And they are great to order and work with, I give them a 10 plus.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 349  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Total Rebuild of a 1979 Dodge Class C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS