|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Total Rebuild of a 1979 Dodge Class C

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 349  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
oldtrucker63

Harlan Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 08:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is where the house Battery's will go, I think there is room for Six battery's, Or at least Five, Still have to build the battery box and hook the vent fan up with a hose.

Without Trucks,....America Stop's

oldtrucker63

Harlan Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 08:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I could start building the kitchen counter top and install the sink & stove, Here you can see the spots on the wall that need sanding and re-painted, We are thinking about Stainless steel counter top with a Copper back splash. I think it will look good with the stainless looking stove and a new stainless refrigerator, Although the front of the stove is black I might go with a black refrigerator, There will be 5 little round LED lights under them cabinets.

oldtrucker63

Harlan Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/12 08:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With the Carbon Monoxide Detector and the LP gas detectors, I'm thinking they should be mounted up kinda high on the wall, Is that right or will it really matter......????...Also what will be the best, The one's the run on battery's or the 12 Volt models..??

mrfixit454

Westminster CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/12 10:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In my 5er, both CO and smoke are mounted near the entry door on the ceiling. This is about 10-12 feet from the oven. On occasion, if the wind blows the exhaust around the trailer and the entry door is open, the CO alarm will go off.

The propane detector is on the floor across from the refer, furnace and stove/oven. Definitely floor level on the Propane detectors as propane is heavier and sinks if it escapes. The propane runs on the RV's 12 volts but my CO and Smoke are the battery type. I test them all every time we use the trailer. It is best to do exactly what the manufacturer recommends for their product as far as installations.

Also, my propane detector is wired directly to the battery with an inline fuse. This way the darn thing is always on so you don't forget to turn it on and can't be disable at the converter/fuse panel. The problem is it runs the batts down after a month or so. I added a battery on/off switch to the rig.

Fixit

2006 Dutchmen Colorado 28TB-BS M5 Bunkhouse
2006 2500 Dodge Ram Megacab, Cummins, Auto.

oldtrucker63

Harlan Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/12 07:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is what I was thinking, The LP gas is heavy and sinks to the floor, I read somewhere that at least 5 FT off from the floor is the best place, I do believe I will order the two in one Alarm LP and CO in one unit and go with the 12 volt model.

gotsmart

Aberdeen, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/12 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From the below link:

"High or low in a room; It makes no difference where you put the detector -- but not because carbon monoxide and air have approximately the same density. Both are gases and as a result, diffusion alone and the entropy effect will take care of mixing them. Any convection currents and/or forced-air turbulence present will also enable the gases to mix and affect the detector."

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/chem03/chem03364.htm

Basically, the CO detector can go anywhere where it will receive adequate air flow across its sensor.

Both of my detectors are about 12 inches off of the floor on the exterior of the shower wall, across from the bed's pedestal.

2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

oldtrucker63

Harlan Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/12 12:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gotsmart wrote:

From the below link:

"High or low in a room; It makes no difference where you put the detector -- but not because carbon monoxide and air have approximately the same density. Both are gases and as a result, diffusion alone and the entropy effect will take care of mixing them. Any convection currents and/or forced-air turbulence present will also enable the gases to mix and affect the detector."

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/chem03/chem03364.htm

Basically, the CO detector can go anywhere where it will receive adequate air flow across its sensor.

Both of my detectors are about 12 inches off of the floor on the exterior of the shower wall, across from the bed's pedestal.
This is just what I was looking for, Thanks Buddy.

EMD360

Arvada, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/12 09:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I put in new detectors--replaced the LP and added a direct wired CO detector. I read that it did not matter on the CO detector how high it was installed but that it should be 2' away from a door or window. Ours are mounted underneath the refrigerator about 4" above the floor.

We're hooked!
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e

oldtrucker63

Harlan Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 12:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EMD360 wrote:

I put in new detectors--replaced the LP and added a direct wired CO detector. I read that it did not matter on the CO detector how high it was installed but that it should be 2' away from a door or window. Ours are mounted underneath the refrigerator about 4" above the floor.
Thanks, That is where I'm going to install mine, somewhere Into the Sink/Stove counter.

Trish Davis

eastern Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 03:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Copper will look great until water hits it.
Between condensation from the A/C and washing dishes, in 6 months it will verdigris and look like a wall full of mold. And I love copper...

Stainlness, absolutely. For countertops and fridge.
The more "light," the better. You will need fewer lights and your space will not look crowded.

I have white formica countertops with a stainless cooktop and microwave. I used thin aluminum sheet for a backsplash, secured with non-magnetic stainless screws.

My 6-cubic foot fridge is brown, but will probably be replaced with a stainless 5cu model. BUT. My fridge is behind the door, so how much sunlight hits it and reflects concerns me. I don't like "shiny *&it" coming out of nowhere to blind me while driving.

oldtrucker63 wrote:

We are thinking about Stainless steel counter top with a Copper back splash.
I think it will look good with the stainless looking stove and a new stainless refrigerator.
Although the front of the stove is black I might go with a black refrigerator.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 349  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Total Rebuild of a 1979 Dodge Class C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS