RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Total Rebuild of a 1979 Dodge Class C

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

 > Total Rebuild of a 1979 Dodge Class C

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 349  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
oldtrucker63

Harlan Kentucky

Senior Member

Joined: 12/10/2009

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/10/12 08:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The bathroom trim is just about done, I ran out of wood trim tonight, I will get more trim and finish the RV's inside and then install the carpet, The last photo is of the rear corner in the shower where I made a bad cut, This corner had the nice big gap in it, It came out nice, I will clean the white sealer off of the trim after it dry's .




The white color in the corner of the trim is sealer and will come off after it dry's.



Here you can see the bad cut in the wall board corner.



* This post was edited 03/11/12 08:15am by oldtrucker63 *


Without Trucks,....America Stop's

oldtrucker63

Harlan Kentucky

Senior Member

Joined: 12/10/2009

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/10/12 09:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The trim in the RV is near finished.



* This post was edited 03/16/12 02:08pm by oldtrucker63 *

blackf3504dr

Leesburg , FL. .Lake

Senior Member

Joined: 08/13/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/11/12 06:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

oldtrucker63 wrote:

john b wrote:

Just a thought to share on the trim subject.Have you thought about talking to a continuous gutter maker for aluminum or getting some long lengths of vinyl gutter.In both cases you can cut off one side to make it into a 6 in alum or pvc 90 deg angle that way.Also a siding supplier may have some configuration already around,6in might be a good size.
Also trucker just ib passing when we were a pup bedrail was very available for projects but we soon learned that it was high carbon & not real reliable for anything structural as weldng and it did not agree with one another real well,bolting or riveting was OK. But nowadays it might be a bunch different. JUST IN PASSING. keep up the great work as I sure enjoy your project. Back in the late 60s my son & some friends built first a 23 ft class C from the ground up & then a few years later converted it into a 24 ft class A and in total we enjoyed it for 16 years & many miles. Keep on trucking as I know the fun you are having albeit work too! jmho jb
Thanks for the info buddy, I will check into the bed frame deal, I will be adding two straps to hold the tank into place but I would like the frame to stay in place also, I might have to change to a good angle iron.



I read somewhere that if the rail is easily cut with a hack saw it's usable, but if it difficult to cut it's not...


Mom , Dad , Scooter & K.C ( killer cat )
'96 F350 4dr. Dually, 7.3 5sp.
'92 Holiday Rambler 34'
REAL TRUCKS DON'T HAVE SPARKPLUGS !

oldtrucker63

Harlan Kentucky

Senior Member

Joined: 12/10/2009

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/11/12 08:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That could be good because it was easy to cut, I know I check to see if it was strong and it seems great to me but I could be wrong.

Replant

Someplace

Senior Member

Joined: 09/09/2010

View Profile



Posted: 03/11/12 01:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

oldtrucker63 wrote:

rehoppe wrote:

Tony

I don't know if they've changed the character of PVC recently, but back in the day I used ABS because it didn't get brittle in the Cold weather. If that's still true I'd use Black trim.

How about ABS downsputs for gutters? Cut them down to make 2 strips from each spout? I haven't really looked at them lately,, but maybe?

Maybe even trim for Vinyl House Siding?

I see some of this has already been posted while I wasn't looking.
Yes the Vinyl House Siding is what I have started with, It looks good, I was just wondering if there was anything that is easier.


Tony,
This 4" vinyl gutter is what I used to stow my sewer hose in the 5" sq. "bumper" that replaced my 4" metal one. It comes in 10' lengths and you could split it down the middle to get 20' of trim for less than $7.
Al





oldtrucker63

Harlan Kentucky

Senior Member

Joined: 12/10/2009

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/12/12 01:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Replant wrote:

oldtrucker63 wrote:

rehoppe wrote:

Tony

I don't know if they've changed the character of PVC recently, but back in the day I used ABS because it didn't get brittle in the Cold weather. If that's still true I'd use Black trim.

How about ABS downsputs for gutters? Cut them down to make 2 strips from each spout? I haven't really looked at them lately,, but maybe?

Maybe even trim for Vinyl House Siding?

I see some of this has already been posted while I wasn't looking.
Yes the Vinyl House Siding is what I have started with, It looks good, I was just wondering if there was anything that is easier.


Tony,
This 4" vinyl gutter is what I used to stow my sewer hose in the 5" sq. "bumper" that replaced my 4" metal one. It comes in 10' lengths and you could split it down the middle to get 20' of trim for less than $7.
Al
Heck yeah man this would look great, Thanks

rehoppe

Denver & Nathrop Colo or somewhere else

Senior Member

Joined: 01/30/2009

View Profile



Posted: 03/12/12 07:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The vinyl gutter downspout idea does sound interesting. Now who's got a simple precise method to split it?

I need some for the gable ends on my Doghouse. And some to make a facia covering, as well.

Doghouse is a TT that will never move again, and has a 5/12 pitch metal roof over it. At least not in one piece!


Hoppe
2011 Dodge 1500 C'boy Caddy
2000 Jayco C 28' Ford chassis w V-10 E450
Doghouse 36' or so Trophy Classic TT

Replant

Someplace

Senior Member

Joined: 09/09/2010

View Profile



Posted: 03/12/12 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rehoppe wrote:

The vinyl gutter downspout idea does sound interesting. Now who's got a simple precise method to split it?

I need some for the gable ends on my Doghouse. And some to make a facia covering, as well.

Doghouse is a TT that will never move again, and has a 5/12 pitch metal roof over it. At least not in one piece!

The gutter is quite thin and could possibly be cut with a sharp utility knife and steel (ruler) straight edge. I used a hacksaw to cut the 10 footer down to size. I'll try a knife on the scrap piece. Right now I have to help the DW put the mattress back in the cab-over .

lzasitko

Regina, SK Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 11/30/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/12/12 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To split the gutter you could use a table saw, with one side against the fence it should be pretty precise. A sharp Carbide tipped blade would give the cleanest cut, though I have used a fine wood blade with acrylic plastic and so long as you don't feed it too fast it is good.





14yuTrk

Out west, ca

Full Member

Joined: 11/06/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/12/12 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lzasitko wrote:

To split the gutter you could use a table saw, with one side against the fence it should be pretty precise. A sharp Carbide tipped blade would give the cleanest cut, though I have used a fine wood blade with acrylic plastic and so long as you don't feed it too fast it is good.

Table saw should work, just make sure the blade is just high enough to cut through, otherwise it will shatter the edges.


It is better to remain silent... and be thought a fool... than open one's mouth... and remove all doubt

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 349  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

 > Total Rebuild of a 1979 Dodge Class C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS