|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Total Rebuild of a 1979 Dodge Class C

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 349  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
rehoppe

Denver & Nathrop Colo or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/12 07:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

falconbrother wrote:

Why are you a Dodge fan? I have had one, a 1977 B200 van that I turned into a really cool camper. It was a good vehicle but, no better or worse than anything else. I'm curious as to why you prefer Dodge.

I've owned a bunch of cars, trucks and SUVs. I really only had one car that I would call a bad car. That was a 1996 SAAB 900S. Holy cow that was an expensive car to own. It had to be repaired a lot, the parts were outrageous, and if it involved the computer (which it did a few times) it had to go to SAAB. Eurotrash. I told my wife, never again.

That's not the first Saab story I've heard. (pun intended)

Hoppe
2011 Dodge 1500 C'boy Caddy
2000 Jayco C 28' Ford chassis w V-10 E450
Doghouse 36' or so Trophy Classic TT

Mr.Mark

CA/TN

View Profile

Posted: 08/21/12 08:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oldtrucker63, you are an amazing guy...... Can't wait to see the finished product on the house and RV. You have a nice spread of land that will be very nice when you are done. Thanks for sharing. I have been watching this thread from the very beginning.

MM.

Mr.Mark
2013 Honda CR-V EXL, AWD, w/Nav, SMI Air Force One vacuum-assisted braking, Blue Ox base-plate, Blue Ox tow bar.
Liberty Coach

MMarieT

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 09/05/12 03:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK...I give up researching...I need help...doing a rebuild from frame up on a class c...roofing question...can you apply liquid roof to the plywood roof directly or do you have to install a rubber membrane first...such a huge issue...I have seen where I believe I understand...that you can apply this liquid roof over a rubber membrane to repair or over fiberglass roofing..but I have no where found out if you can apply it directly on the plywood and have it work as a dry leak proof new roof....please tell me what you did or anyone out there what they did for their new roof...thanks...MMarie...mmthurston1@gmail.com

oldtrucker63

Harlan Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/12 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

falconbrother wrote:

Why are you a Dodge fan? I have had one, a 1977 B200 van that I turned into a really cool camper. It was a good vehicle but, no better or worse than anything else. I'm curious as to why you prefer Dodge.

I've owned a bunch of cars, trucks and SUVs. I really only had one car that I would call a bad car. That was a 1996 SAAB 900S. Holy cow that was an expensive car to own. It had to be repaired a lot, the parts were outrageous, and if it involved the computer (which it did a few times) it had to go to SAAB. Eurotrash. I told my wife, never again.
I have always been a Chevy Man, I have owned a few old dodge Chargers when I was Young and It seems like every Dodge that I have owned Ran great and I have never to date had anything go wrong with a Dodge that I have owned, Other than the rot I found in the 79 RV LOL they have all been great, Changed Oil and Brakes and Tires and put the miles down, Never not one thing has gone wrong, I think they speak for there self, Other than that I have always Loved Old Dodges and Chevy's and always will, And it has crossed my mind to find me an old Dodge Car and put this RV's 440 into the Car, After a fresh build and a few hot aftermarket parts for sure.

Without Trucks,....America Stop's

oldtrucker63

Harlan Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/12 11:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MMarieT wrote:

OK...I give up researching...I need help...doing a rebuild from frame up on a class c...roofing question...can you apply liquid roof to the plywood roof directly or do you have to install a rubber membrane first...such a huge issue...I have seen where I believe I understand...that you can apply this liquid roof over a rubber membrane to repair or over fiberglass roofing..but I have no where found out if you can apply it directly on the plywood and have it work as a dry leak proof new roof....please tell me what you did or anyone out there what they did for their new roof...thanks...MMarie...mmthurston1@gmail.com
I put mine rubber roof right over the plywood I this it has to be one kind to add over a rubber membrane, I used nice looking plywood and picked out the sheets that was smooth, It has been over a year now and mine still looks great and never any trouble at all.

oldtrucker63

Harlan Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/12 11:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mr.Mark wrote:

Oldtrucker63, you are an amazing guy...... Can't wait to see the finished product on the house and RV. You have a nice spread of land that will be very nice when you are done. Thanks for sharing. I have been watching this thread from the very beginning.

MM.
Glad you enjoyed it Mr.Mark I sure did myself, I will post some before and after photos of the House and I will keep this thread going each time I do something to the RV, I still have to finish the Table inside the RV and finish the outside with Trim and paint with a few extras too, We lived in the RV for Six months here in the Driveway of the House we bought and everything was great, We have been out camping at the Lake days at a time and spent a few Days at the ATV park It has been a blast and I know there is better trips to come, All I can say is it was worth all the work and headaches and I would do it all over again, And I just might be doing just that If I can find the right class A to rework.

oldtrucker63

Harlan Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/12 12:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

falconbrother wrote:

And as far as the Dodge 4X4 P/u I think this video will tell why I have a Dodge Truck,.....Dodge or GMC

oldtrucker63

Harlan Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/12 01:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I took the Old Dodge down to the Scales and weighed her out, 9,180 Gross

txtruckerpaul

Kilgore, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/12 01:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hey there Trucker! been a while since i've been on here. Your project turned out great. we talked on a thread i created with a project of my own, a 75 dodge empire. i started working on again, and will end up doing the same as you did to yours. I dont know how to link my thread to yours, but i started a new thread called 1975 dodge empire resto is back. take a looksee when you get a chance

oldtrucker63

Harlan Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/13 10:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking for it now.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 349  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Total Rebuild of a 1979 Dodge Class C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes