|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> 2006 Trailblazer

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Norm & Deb

Brown Co. Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/10 12:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Buying a new dingy. Anybody know of a 2006 Trailblazer 4 x 4, with a V8 engine, can be flat towed. Any speed or other restrictions? The owners manual says it can and doesn't mention any restrictions. Where on the web can I find a list of suv's that can be flat towed. The latest towing guide from Motor Home mag only lists the 2010 models.

Norm

2001 Monaco Knight 38' DP Triple Slide
2001 4WD Blazer in back

"Everything I will ever tell you will be 100% the truth, or would be 100% the truth if it actually happened."

Corkey05

Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/10 12:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Past towing guides are listed on the home page

Motorhome Magazine

2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/10 01:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As far as I know the 2006 TrailBlazer 4x4 has no restrictions on towing 4 down, same as the 2007. I like it also because there's no steering wheel lock-pin. You can turn the ignition all the way off, pull the key and lock the doors.
Mine is a GMC Envoy, the 'perfect' towed/toad. Just put the transfer in neutral and transmission in park. Don't forget to release the parking brake prior to towing....

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Norm & Deb

Brown Co. Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/10 02:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks so much! Motorhome mag dingy guide for 06 said ok to tow. I liked the 2001 we had, same deal. Follow the instructions and put the keys in your pocket. 2001 a smaller vehicle but did the job.

FYI... on our last trip, driving about 20mph in town the frame on this 2001 Blazer seperated. Thats right, the toe bar didnt break, and the mounts to the Blazer didnt break. The front part of the Blazer frame (where the toe bar attachment brackets were mounted) stress cracked and broke. Yep, anyway the Blazer went one way as the RV was going another. Thank the Lord nobody was hurt. Blazer wrecked beyond repair.

No sign of stress cracks in the frame a couple of months ago. However, from now on I will personally inspect this area, with the dingy on a lift, much more often in the future. Especially on a dingy that has been pulled for 8 years. Live and learn.

03Ultra

Central Massachusetts

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/10 08:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2005 Trailblazer (or, my wife does), not the AWD version but the switch-selectable 4WD. My question is, can it be pulled on a dolly? I don't want to put a baseplate on it and cut through the bumper, but I would consider pulling it on a dolly with brakes on the dolly.

Can that be done?

2004 Itasca 36M Workhorse

kaydeejay

SE Michigan, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/10 03:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Norm & Deb wrote:

FYI... on our last trip, driving about 20mph in town the frame on this 2001 Blazer seperated. Thats right, the toe bar didnt break, and the mounts to the Blazer didnt break. The front part of the Blazer frame (where the toe bar attachment brackets were mounted) stress cracked and broke. Yep, anyway the Blazer went one way as the RV was going another. Thank the Lord nobody was hurt. Blazer wrecked beyond repair.
Gotta highlight this one for the crowd that says "You don't need brakes on a toad".
Don't know whether you did or not, or if you did they didn't avoid the wreck.
Good to keep an eye on the frame in the future though - extensive towing does put stresses on the frame that it was not designed for.

Keith J.
1999 Sunnybrook 27RKFS Fiver.
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD CC/SB/DA 2WD, LLY with LBZ air cleaner, 52 gal Titan tank, Bilsteins, Line-X, Westin steps, Prodigy, Retrax cover, 16K Superglide, 5th-Airborne pin-box, Multi-vex mirrors, TST TPMS.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> 2006 Trailblazer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS