|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Keystone Bullet Premier

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 176  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
joesofa

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/11 01:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kainen wrote:

Anyone else have isues with their power jack, had our unit into the dealer on weekend for some minor PDI isuues and when I went to use the power jack to hook it to leave it wouldn't work so they had to take the trailer back into their yard to look at it, looks like the motor was shot so they swapped mine with another bullet premier they had on the lot and I was on my way in a hour. Thank god it happened at the dealership when it did, saved me from having to bring it back in just to have the jack replaced.

Mine quit at the campground. It was not grounded well enough so I put a short ground wire on it and it has worked fine.

VirtualGarage

Vancouver, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/11 10:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CampinEarls wrote:

The duct that goes to my rear bunk area vent was disconnected at the furnace, figured it out while camping one night, wondered why it wasn't getting as warm in the back. I could see it through the louvers under the oven? Or fridge? Can't remember which one it is under. I had to go get a set of the square bits for those screws to take the panel off to fix it.
May want to check that out to make sure your ducts are all attached good.

Thanks for the tip. I removed the panel under the fridge and had a look and I think everything is connected OK.

garysol, I'm not sure how effective partially blocking the vents to try to redirect the heat would be. In our Tango, I stretched a piece of pantyhose over each vent to prevent dirt from falling in, and the service guys didn't really think it was a good idea to block the vents in any way.

I bought a couple of insulating vent cushions on Saturday and that seemed to help. I definitely noticed that the furnace was running less often last night. Also, what I do is leave the curtains open a little bit in the back so that the temperature is more balanced with the center section.

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali ~ 2010 Keystone Premier 31BHPR ~ Sold: 2009 Tango 289BH
ProPride 3P Hitch ~ RV Modifications ~ Gear & Accessories ~ Road Trip 2010

VirtualGarage

Vancouver, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/11 10:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joesofa wrote:

Mine quit at the campground. It was not grounded well enough so I put a short ground wire on it and it has worked fine.

Could you explain exactly how/where you did that?

I discovered this weekend that our power jack was having the same problem as it did before. The dealer had diagnosed it as a loose ground and I suspect it is the same problem. However, I took a look at the jack and could only see the red power wire. I couldn't figure out where the ground was to check it .

I'm heading back next weekend and I don't want to make a special trip to the dealer to have it looked at again.

When I installed a Barker on my Tango, the ground was simply one of the three bolts that held the jack to the frame. I couldn't really tell on the Premier. Where did you attach the ground wire to?

Thanks!

CampinEarls

Tyndall, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/28/11 04:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FensterRV wrote:

Earl,

Is the back of your TV panel, held on with the square bit screws too?

Think mine is.

I'm not sure, I think the rear tv on mine the panel is stapled on, the front I believe has screws but I don't know what type. I still haven't taken them off to plug cables in yet. Every time I start to bring the TT home to do that and a few other things something happens and it gets pushed back again!

2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR

PSUCamper

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/11 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone figured out for sure what size all the cam locks are?? Looking to replace all three (outside kitchen/2 storage).

On a side note, I spent some time in ours this weekend getting things ready before we camp for the first time. I noticed a lot of partially sunk staples along the carpet edge. Pounded about 15 down and removed about 5 others. Daughter stepped on one, she wasn't too pleased.

Thanks for the help.

joesofa

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/11 09:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

VirtualGarage wrote:

joesofa wrote:

I discovered this weekend that our power jack was having the same problem as it did before. The dealer had diagnosed it as a loose ground and I suspect it is the same problem. However, I took a look at the jack and could only see the red power wire. I couldn't figure out where the ground was to check it .

I'm heading back next weekend and I don't want to make a special trip to the dealer to have it looked at again.

When I installed a Barker on my Tango, the ground was simply one of the three bolts that held the jack to the frame. I couldn't really tell on the Premier. Where did you attach the ground wire to?

Thanks!

I Drilled a small hole in between two of the three bolts on the face plate of the jack. Used a self tapping screw to secure the wire there and ran it to the frame where the battery ground connects. Havent had any trouble after that. If you need a picture I can try to post one.

garysol

Avon Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/28/11 11:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CampinEarls wrote:

FensterRV wrote:

Earl,

Think mine is.

I'm not sure, I think the rear tv on mine the panel is stapled on, the front I believe has screws but I don't know what type. I still haven't taken them off to plug cables in yet. Every time I start to bring the TT home to do that and a few other things something happens and it gets pushed back again!

For what its worth the back panel on my TV was held on with 4 phillips screws.

2014 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 CTD SRW, Pullrite Superglide 18k on a picture frame.
2012 Komfort 3530fbh, Sailun S637, Ground Control

CampinEarls

Tyndall, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/28/11 12:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garysol wrote:

CampinEarls wrote:

FensterRV wrote:

Earl,

Think mine is.

For what its worth the back panel on my TV was held on with 4 phillips screws.

I just went to mine at lunch, the bunk house one in mine is stapled on, and the front one has plugs in the holes for the screws, couldn't get them out with my fingers.

kainen

Port Coquitlam

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/28/11 03:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CampinEarls wrote:

garysol wrote:

VirtualGarage wrote:

The back room doesn't get as warm as the front bedroom and I've thought about getting a space heater but I was worried about how much of a power draw the trailer wiring can support.

What are your thoughts on partially blocking off one of the front vents to help force more heat out of the rear vent?

The duct that goes to my rear bunk area vent was disconnected at the furnace, figured it out while camping one night, wondered why it wasn't getting as warm in the back. I could see it through the louvers under the oven? Or fridge? Can't remember which one it is under. I had to go get a set of the square bits for those screws to take the panel off to fix it.
May want to check that out to make sure your ducts are all attached good.

Yes check all your ducts, the duct behind the power console in my unit was broken right in half,knew something was up as heat didn't seem to be coming out of that register very strong. I had to pull out the power console as far as it would come(had to unscrew a couple of wire hold downs)so I could get my arms in there to duct tape it back together, the power was off of course !

I don't see an issue in closing off vents you aren't using at the time especially if it is just a short while to get more heat in bathroom etc. I replaced my floor vents with ones that are adjustable,so it is never realy totally shut off anyways. I left the bathroom wall mounted one as can't see ever wanting to cut off heat to the bathroom !

kainen

Port Coquitlam

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/28/11 03:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joesofa wrote:

VirtualGarage wrote:

joesofa wrote:

Thanks!

I Drilled a small hole in between two of the three bolts on the face plate of the jack. Used a self tapping screw to secure the wire there and ran it to the frame where the battery ground connects. Havent had any trouble after that. If you need a picture I can try to post one.

Thanks Joe for the tip, I have already had my jack replaced by the dealer but they said my motor was no good and tend to believe them as the new one sounds much better.But you never know I it might been from the same issue, so yes a photo would be good to show what you did, thanks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 176  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Keystone Bullet Premier
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS