|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Keystone Bullet Premier

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 175  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
SabreCanuck

Winnipeg

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/12 07:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, there isn't enough snow for snowmobiling so I started working on some trailer mods... Can't wait for summer!!!

small pantry cupboard BEFORE:

small pantry cupboard now that it is a DRAWER:
The slide is currently in so it doesn't come out all the way but it will...

pass through storage Drawer:
Made out of old mattress frame and the rails are aluminum wall studs.
ran a wood dowel across as an axle and pulleys as wheels.
I have 2" castors mounted on the floor under the front and still have storage underneath for small/flat stuff.

NEXT.... BEFORE>>>>>>>>>>>>>

* This post was edited 02/05/12 07:27pm by SabreCanuck *

garysol

Avon Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/12 07:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^^ very nice!!^^

2014 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 CTD SRW, Pullrite Superglide 18k on a picture frame.
2012 Komfort 3530fbh, Sailun S637, Ground Control

gregrc75

New Bedford, Massachusetts

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/12 07:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice job

Greg and J
Sam - the Golden Retriever. Ben - the Yellow Lab
2011 Keystone Bullet Premier 28RLPR
2012 Nissan Titan SL CC

VirtualGarage

Vancouver, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/12 09:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks great!

We haven't been able to do as much cold weather RVing as we did last year, but we're gearing up for a Spring Break road trip with some friends down the Oregon Coast. I'm getting the wheel bearings re-packed and the roof cleaned and treated in a few weeks.

I was at an RV show on the weekend. Frankly, no TT could come close to our Premier, but there were a couple of Class A's and the Jayco Seneca Class-C (on the Freightliner chassis) that we admired .

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali ~ 2010 Keystone Premier 31BHPR ~ Sold: 2009 Tango 289BH
ProPride 3P Hitch ~ RV Modifications ~ Gear & Accessories ~ Road Trip 2010

RainbowsEnd

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/12 11:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SabreCanuck wrote:

Well, there isn't enough snow for snowmobiling so I started working on some trailer mods... Can't wait for summer!!!

Come visit Iowa. I'll arrange nice camping in exchange of you helping me with my camper remodeling! Great job!

2011 Bullet Premier 28RLPR
F250 Diesel Lariat
Laissez les bons temps rouler!

baunno

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/12 05:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love the mods SabreCanuck, especially the kitchen drawer. I've noticed while there is loads of shelf space and storage in the Bullet, it is awkward to utilize all of it because they are so deep. Your drawer solves that situation. They are also dark way back there and a drawer changes that.

I'm thinking about a few mods myself before our first spring trip down to Florida and the shelf idea is a winner!

"Onward thru the fog!"
http://webervn.blogspot.com/

gregrc75

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/12 09:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought my BP from Pete's RV in Burlington, VT, about 5 hours away from where I live. I had to bring my BP back to the dealer about a month ago for them to do some warranty work. My back door had some delamination on it and they replaced it with a brand new door. The dealer has been great, they met me half way so I wouldn't have to drive the full 5 hours each way. Also, I dented the corner of my bumper. To my defense, I was alone, it was night time, and raining . They fixed that and repainted the bumper for free. So, when I met them this week at the halfway point to bring the trailer back home, we decided to spend a night at Normandy Farms Campground here in MA. It was decent weather, just under 50 degrees and sunny. I guess I can say I have had my first trip of the season!

Anyway, has anyone noticed the long drawers that slide out of the dinette seats in the other Keystone campers like the Outbacks? I was thinking of modding my BP and building those. Has anyone done it already?

SabreCanuck

Winnipeg

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/12 06:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gregrc75 wrote:

Anyway, has anyone noticed the long drawers that slide out of the dinette seats in the other Keystone campers like the Outbacks? I was thinking of modding my BP and building those. Has anyone done it already?

That is the next mod I am doing after alterations to the pantry. My plan is to have 28" full slide drawer on at least one side of the bench seats. I'm going to do the side which is essentially in the kitchen so we will have a pot drawer... Just haven't figured out if I am going to have the entire existing end piece of plywood slide out or if I am going to try and find a matching door somewhere.

DW is starting to call me the Drawer King... I hope she's talking about the mods and not my plumber pants.

gregrc75

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/12 06:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is a great idea for pots. In the BP 28rlpr, the cavity below the stove is totally empty. I store my pots there..they should have put a door there in the factory. Right now I just unscrewed the panel, and added peel and stick Velcro with a rubbed bronze knob until I order a door.

gregrc75

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/12 11:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have always thought that travel trailers with carpet in the bedrooms looked and felt cozier. So, I added my own. I just got a 5x8 bounded area rug and cut it to size. I also made a cut out for the heater vent. Cost only 30.00 for the rug. I didn't vacuum before taking the pics so please ignore the fuzz, it looks better now! haha.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 175  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Keystone Bullet Premier
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS