|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Keystone Bullet Premier

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 171  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
baunno

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/12 01:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I cleaned my fresh water tank last week and noticed that the gauge doesn't work on our 2012 28-RLPT. It became apparent when over filled water started raining between the sealed under carriage and the frame. Has anybody had this problem?
I'm thinking that I'll fill it to what I guess is around half full and pull it to our first trip of the year to see if it frees it up.
I suppose warrantee would cover this. Any thoughts?

"Onward thru the fog!"
http://webervn.blogspot.com/

Huskerdude

Norfolk, Ne

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/12 03:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

baunno wrote:

I cleaned my fresh water tank last week and noticed that the gauge doesn't work on our 2012 28-RLPT. It became apparent when over filled water started raining between the sealed under carriage and the frame. Has anybody had this problem?
I'm thinking that I'll fill it to what I guess is around half full and pull it to our first trip of the year to see if it frees it up.
I suppose warrantee would cover this. Any thoughts?
On our 2011 Premier 28rlpr , the fresh water fill tube at the tank wasn't tightened.Heading out for the first trip of the year !!!

Huskerdude, Mrs. Huskerdude 2011 Bullet Premier 28RLPR , 2005 F150 XLT Crewcab, 5.4 liter, tow package

gregrc75

New Bedford, Massachusetts

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/12 04:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Added a shelf to the top of each wardrobe. Thanks to an idea in the "cool mods" thread in the TT section of this forum

Greg and J
Sam - the Golden Retriever. Ben - the Yellow Lab
2011 Keystone Bullet Premier 28RLPR
2012 Nissan Titan SL CC

SabreCanuck

Winnipeg

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/12 06:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I finally got around to finishing off adding some drawers to the Bullet... Just waiting for some trim to come in from Keystone to finish things off..

New pot drawer under the bench.

New drawers for DW's drawers

gregrc75

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/12 06:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank looks fantastic! How did you match the stain so well?

Carolina_Camper

Whisperng Pines, NC

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/12 06:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gregrc75 wrote:

Added a shelf to the top of each wardrobe. Thanks to an idea in the "cool mods" thread in the TT section of this forum.

Have my shelves cut, but couldn't find the studs to screw the Firring Strip to. How did you locate them?

gregrc75

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/12 06:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Carolina_Camper wrote:

gregrc75 wrote:

Added a shelf to the top of each wardrobe. Thanks to an idea in the "cool mods" thread in the TT section of this forum.

Have my shelves cut, but couldn't find the studs to screw the Firring Strip to. How did you locate them?

I used cove molding and applied heavy duty liquid nails to the back. I pressed the molding to each side of the cabinet and used my brad nail gun to hold them in place while the glue set up. I just used 3 small brads on each.

SabreCanuck

Winnipeg

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/12 04:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gregrc75 wrote:

All of the drawer faces are pieces from the camper so it was really easy to match the stain... LOL.

The drawer face under the bench is the piece that I cut out from that panel. I took the entire end off and very carefully ran it through the table saw.. So I actually ended up with four straight edge's and a 1/8" gap all the way around. The drawer face is flush with the panel when closed which I'm not exactly sure of yet, but we'll try it that way for a while.

The drawer faces under the bed are actually shelves from the pantry that I had left over from a previous mod of "slide out pantry". I cut two shelves to the size I needed.

All of the currently raw edges are going to get edging applied that I ordered from keystone dealer for $0.40/foot or something like that.

CampinEarls

Tyndall, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/12 08:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice job!
Can you post a pic of the inside of the compartments where you attached the drawer slides and stuff?

My plan was to do exactly what you have done in both areas, I never got around to doing it last year.

2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR

gregrc75

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/12 05:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SabreCanuck wrote:

gregrc75 wrote:

All of the drawer faces are pieces from the camper so it was really easy to match the stain... LOL.

The drawer face under the bench is the piece that I cut out from that panel. I took the entire end off and very carefully ran it through the table saw.. So I actually ended up with four straight edge's and a 1/8" gap all the way around. The drawer face is flush with the panel when closed which I'm not exactly sure of yet, but we'll try it that way for a while.

The drawer faces under the bed are actually shelves from the pantry that I had left over from a previous mod of "slide out pantry". I cut two shelves to the size I needed.

All of the currently raw edges are going to get edging applied that I ordered from keystone dealer for $0.40/foot or something like that.

Great idea! I never thought of using the shelves and other hidden panels so it will match perfectly. I thought of making a countertop extension out of the laundry chute cover so it matches but havn't thought it out yet in my head.

I see you also got matching handles, were those from Keystone as well or were you able to find them at a home center?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 171  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Keystone Bullet Premier
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS