|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Keystone Bullet Premier

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 171  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
65ShelbyCobra

Clayton, North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 04:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rass2008 wrote:

We too suffered a bent axle, I thank this forum for the help in finding out. We had our 31bhpr in for service before our warranty expired and sure enough, the rear axle was bent (and no we didn't hit anything).

Anyone else have theirs replaced? Did they replace both? How long did it take? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

I'm going through this right now...
MartyMoose, do you have any info on the axle that you ordered from the OEM Store? I "spoke" with them via email yesterday and they needed the serial number off of the axle, I searched for it on Sunday but couldn't find it. There was a sticker on the axle that I took info from and provided it to them. We think we have the right axle that I need but they need to verify it with the serial number...I just have to look harder I guess.

2011 Premier Bullet 31BHPR (for sale)
2008 Ford F-250 6.4L PowerStroke FX4

baunno

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 07:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We used our 2012 Bullet last April and noticed that the condensation of the frig is not draining. It fills up with water under the fruit and vegitable bins and eventually over flows onto the floor. I blew through the drain hose outside and it passed air through the system. Has anybody else had this problem?

"Onward thru the fog!"
http://webervn.blogspot.com/

gregrc75

New Bedford, Massachusetts

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/12 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

baunno wrote:

We used our 2012 Bullet last April and noticed that the condensation of the frig is not draining. It fills up with water under the fruit and vegitable bins and eventually over flows onto the floor. I blew through the drain hose outside and it passed air through the system. Has anybody else had this problem?

I have not had that problem but my fridge failed after only 9 months. They are going to replace the core (?). At least it is under warranty. Good luck!

Greg and J
Sam - the Golden Retriever. Ben - the Yellow Lab
2011 Keystone Bullet Premier 28RLPR
2012 Nissan Titan SL CC

MartyMoose

Worthington, OH

View Profile

Posted: 05/24/12 04:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rass2008,
My serial number was facing the rear of the trailer, 18inches from the passinger side. It took me several tries.
I suspect that we have the same axle on ours as we have the same max load. My axle was a model D35, 3500lb,85in HF and 68.5SC.
OEM was able to get my exact build sheet from the serial number and very very helpful.
The axle installation was very straight forward. About the same level as doing a brake job on a car.

2014 Heartland 305RW Road Warrior

2012 Ford F250 Lariat

Rass2008

Bc

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/12 03:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks all! We are having both axles replaced, they are coming from Dexter. I'm very happy we caught this when we did and hope that once replaced this is the end of it. Keystone and our service dealer have both been great I think our trailer was 6335 shipping weight and the axle change won't affect very much at all weight wise (thank goodness), didn't want to have to go the new TV route quite yet as we only haul ours a couple of times a year!!

talonguy

Pensacola, FL

View Profile

Posted: 05/31/12 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All, thought I would share with you a problem I just encountered with my water pump.

I have a 2012 31BHPR and was using the water pump when it just suddenly stopped pumping water even though power was being supplied to the pump. It's a Flojet 3526 (Full P/N R3526144). Since the trailer is only 7 months old, I was a little bummed.

Anyway, I pulled the pump out and removed the pressure switch assembly and manually cycled the switch while checking for continuity on a volt ohm meter. I should have checked it before I removed the switch, but hindsight is 20/20. After cycling the switch several times (by pushing in on it and releasing), I placed it back on the pump, and tested it by reconnecting power, and voila! Problem fixed!

The water pump location in this trailer is under a panel just aft of the laundry chute. Also, the installation/schematic/owners manual can be found here: http://www.xylemflowcontrol.com/files/81000-384.pdf

Mike

jasoncw

Brownstown, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/12 09:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mike-

I had a similar issue with my water pump last weekend. Turns out the only issue is the clip to hold in the tube on the non-pressure side was popped out. All I had to do is pop it in fully, and it was fixed.

--------------

I got up on my roof for the first time this year to give it a good cleaning, and I noticed that I have a nice 8" long crack in the caulk on the front seam where the roof meets the fiberglass front cap. So I guess I am going to replace at least this one full seam with some Eternabond. Does anyone have any tips to remove the old caulk without damaging the rubber roof?

Thanks,
Jason

2011 Keystone Bullet Premier 31BHPR
2005 Ford Excursion 6.8L 3.73's, RAS, Equal-i-zer, P3

JT19

So. Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/12 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought this model in Feb this year. We have had it out 3 times so far, and have yet to encoutner an issue unless it was operator error.

I've had it full systems go 2-3 other times at the house as well. So far we have been very pleased.

Plus, my 03 F150 tows it surprisingly well. Granted, I'm not running 65-70mph up the mountains, but thats ok. We know we are getting a new TV within the next year or 2, so we are making due with what is already paid for until that time comes.

mom2countrykids

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/12 10:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a slide issue over the holiday weekend. The rear slide in the bunkhouse didn't want to come in. It came in about 1/2 then would stop. We kept taking it in and out, looking above, below inside and out and for what ever reason it finally went in.

jasoncw

Brownstown, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/12 10:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jasoncw wrote:

I got up on my roof for the first time this year to give it a good cleaning, and I noticed that I have a nice 8" long crack in the caulk on the front seam where the roof meets the fiberglass front cap. So I guess I am going to replace at least this one full seam with some Eternabond. Does anyone have any tips to remove the old caulk without damaging the rubber roof?

Thanks,
Jason

Good news; I just read on Eternabond's web site that it is not necessary to remove the old caulk. What a relief! I wasn't looking forward to that.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 171  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Keystone Bullet Premier
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS